Forums:
Politics

Stupid Studies

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
roadkill55446 On September 04, 2009

Edmonton, Canada
#1New Post! May 29, 2009 @ 15:18:36
I think a major cause of the current recesion is the ridiculas amounts of time and money put into totally useless and obvious studies! Studies such as "Accidents at Home"! A year ago, 2 million dollars U.S. was invested into a study that came out with the result that most accidents in life occur in you home! DUH!!!!!!! You spend most of your time and life in your homes, so needless to say, you are more likely to have accidents when at home! Researchers did another study to show that less accidents occur whilst your on vacation.......again, DUH! Since most only take about one or two vacations about every 5 years, chances are that you won't have as many accidents! Why are we spending money on stupid studies when we should be solving the recesion?!?!?! Somebody shed some light or back me up!
glassman55 On November 01, 2010

Deleted

Dingwall, United Kingdom
#2New Post! May 29, 2009 @ 15:20:22
@roadkill55446 Said

I think a major cause of the current recesion is the ridiculas amounts of time and money put into totally useless and obvious studies! Studies such as "Accidents at Home"! A year ago, 2 million dollars U.S. was invested into a study that came out with the result that most accidents in life occur in you home! DUH!!!!!!! You spend most of your time and life in your homes, so needless to say, you are more likely to have accidents when at home! Researchers did another study to show that less accidents occur whilst your on vacation.......again, DUH! Since most only take about one or two vacations about every 5 years, chances are that you won't have as many accidents! Why are we spending money on stupid studies when we should be solving the recesion?!?!?! Somebody shed some light or back me up!

That was almost word perfect to what someone said on Mock The Week one time.
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#3New Post! May 29, 2009 @ 15:55:58
I choose to shed some light,
While undoubtedly SOME studies could be done without, sometimes its impossible to know until they are finished.

What didn't happen was some guy thought 'I think most accidents happen at home.. lets prove it'
It was likely a study of accidents in general and could of indeed saved money. In order to know where properly to invest in safety and awareness you need these kinds of details to invest properly without wasting money.

The accidents at home was an obvious result and an important one for peoples everyday lives, so that is why the papers grabbed it.
Further results may have shown in what exact professions accidents are most likely and and to which age, gender, location and economic situation they are most likely to happen to.

This informatoin in the long run could save money
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#4New Post! May 29, 2009 @ 16:07:31
I think you need to sit down and learn some more about the things you're raging against before you start another of these threads.
Buu On June 27, 2009

Deleted

#5New Post! May 29, 2009 @ 18:15:50

I liked that episode too.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs