Forums: Local:
United Kingdom

Some of the smart fellows from across the pond ....guns ,ammo and crime

AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Dec 25, 2012 @ 14:31:52
In March of 1996 a guy named Thomas Hamilton walks into a class room armed with four handguns and 743 rounds of ammunition . He kills 16 kids and the teacher continues on to wound 10 more kids a 3 more teachers.
The parliament decides that the way to respond to this tragic event is to treat every one as if they had done something similar and in July of 1997 they demanded a compulsorily surrender of all firearms and ammo by all private citizens to the local police .

How do some of you guys look at your selves in the mirror ?
You all cowed down when your leaders told you that because one guy did this they figured all of you would be doing it too so you all needed to hand over your guns and ammo . AND DAMNED IF YOU ALL DID exactly that post haste !!!

Quote:
In 1997, Britain passed a law requiring civilians to surrender almost all privately owned handguns to the police. More than 162,000 handguns and 1.5 million pounds of ammunition were "compulsorily surrendered" by February 1998. Using "records of firearms held on firearms certificates," police accounted for all but fewer than eight of all legally owned handguns in England, Scotland, and Wales.[40]

https://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp#general
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Dec 25, 2012 @ 14:45:00
but there hasn't been many multiple murders with handguns since then ... which is more important than owning one .

n/a, New Mexico
#3New Post! Dec 25, 2012 @ 15:44:15
@offbeat Said

but there hasn't been many multiple murders with handguns since then ... which is more important than owning one .

I am so amazed by the fact that you guys truely believe it's about the guns and not the crimes .
Quote:
Not counting the above-listed anomalies, the homicide rate in England and Wales has averaged 52% higher since the outset of the 1968 gun control law and 15% higher since the outset of the 1997 handgun ban

And you did have that July 2005 problem with those home grown terrorists killing 56 people and injuring about 700 others.
What price did parliament extract from the population in response to that ?

london, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Dec 25, 2012 @ 16:19:52
@white_swan53 Said

I am so amazed by the fact that you guys truely believe it's about the guns and not the crimes .

And you did have that July 2005 problem with those home grown terrorists killing 56 people and injuring about 700 others.
What price did parliament extract from the population in response to that ?

swan ..you have to stick to subject, it's not about terrorist attacks,or car deaths ; we can discuss those on another thread ...it's about public ownership of guns and the destruction that it causes...... we don't have easy access to guns and we don't have the same amount of killing sprees . guns do not lessen crime ,they contribute to crime ..i'm beginning to wonder if mrs lanza's ownership of guns may have been the enabler for her unwell son ... if she didn't own guns his idea of embarking on a killing spree may have not seemed possible to him .. and so he may have just had a long sulk ... plus his mother may have thought(like so many gun owhers do) that owning guns made her safe ... how wrong did she turn out to be ...her owning guns was what caused her early death .... we in england don't need guns to feel safe .... and most of us realize that mass gun ownership merely allows more people to kill when they ,or someone close to them lose their reason and reaches for the gun .

n/a, New Mexico
#5New Post! Dec 25, 2012 @ 17:47:20
@offbeat Said

guns do not lessen crime ,they contribute to crime

Quote:
the homicide rate in England and Wales has averaged 52% higher since the outset of the 1968 gun control law and 15% higher since the outset of the 1997 handgun ban

Really ??? So how do you explaine the jump in the homicide rate in England and Wales after the laws were put in place ??
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#6New Post! Dec 25, 2012 @ 17:51:59
Let me try to explain this in terms both countries can maybe understand

Compare our guns to your booze both cause huge problems for each country yet nothing is done by either one.

Too the Brits what would happen if a bill/law came out saying no more booze?

Hell the riots you have had the past year would be tame to what would happen over there if this law were to be passed.

london, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Dec 25, 2012 @ 17:54:29
@white_swan53 Said

Really ??? So how do you explaine the jump in the homicide rate in England and Wales after the laws were put in place ??

those are deaths caused by other means ...i'm saying that if we had still had the guns available ...then the murder rate would be much higher ... you might like to post some figures that compare the killing spree/multiple murder ( like sandy hook )rates of the usa and england ( a percentage per thousand or million head should do ) .i think englands will be much lower , and i think it's because england took steps to limit the number of gun owners after similiar massacres ,thus making the casual availabillity of firarms to unsuitable people much less likely.

london, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Dec 25, 2012 @ 17:56:38
@restoreone Said

Let me try to explain this in terms both countries can maybe understand

Compare our guns to your booze both cause huge problems for each country yet nothing is done by either one.

Too the Brits what would happen if a bill/law came out saying no more booze?

Hell the riots you have had the past year would be tame to what would happen over there if this law were to be passed.

but resto' you guys persist in muddying the water with other examples ..like cars or terrorism and now booze....we are talking about guns and the addiction that america seems to have with them .

n/a, New Mexico
#9New Post! Dec 25, 2012 @ 18:06:03
@offbeat Said

those are deaths caused by other means ...i'm saying that if we had still had the guns available ...then the murder rate would be much higher ... you might like to post some figures that compare the killing spree/multiple murder ( like sandy hook )rates of the usa and england ( a percentage per thousand or million head should do ) .i think englands will be much lower , and i think it's because england took steps to limit the number of gun owners after similiar massacres ,thus making the casual availabillity of firarms to unsuitable people much less likely.

Are really that dense , or are you just pretending ?

The reason the violent crimes increased over 50 % right after all the private citizens had lost their guns, was because the criminals knew it was much safer to be an active criminal ,now that their victims were no longer armed. DUH !!!
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#10New Post! Dec 25, 2012 @ 18:06:49
Holy crap. Yet ANOTHER thread about guns, which country is better or worse because they do or don't have guns, which one is more violent, etc.

Give it a frickin' rest people. This should be a time of love, happiness, family, sharing and caring not about who's country is better or has the bigger proverbial d***.

, Ohio
#11New Post! Dec 25, 2012 @ 18:07:58
@offbeat Said

but resto' you guys persist in muddying the water with other examples ..like cars or terrorism and now booze....we are talking about guns and the addiction that america seems to have with them .

I can admit to my addiction can the Brits admit to their addiction that causes so many deaths, injuries and broken families?

Same boat just a different oar.

See you seek to understand yet wont look at both as an huge problem. It is so simple to say remove guns yet. I say your problem can be fixed by removing booze.

Same pot just a different ingredients for death.

, Ohio
#12New Post! Dec 25, 2012 @ 18:09:15
@Dark_Tink Said

Holy crap. Yet ANOTHER thread about guns, which country is better or worse because they do or don't have guns, which one is more violent, etc.

Give it a frickin' rest people. This should be a time of love, happiness, family, sharing and caring not about who's country is better or has the bigger proverbial d***.

I love YOU Merry Christmas

n/a, New Mexico
#13New Post! Dec 25, 2012 @ 18:09:53
@offbeat Said

No, we are not talking about America or it's right to bear arms.

This thread is about the crime rate increase in the UK after the guns and ammo had been taken away from the private citizens because one guy had killed 16 kids and wounded several others on school property .

n/a, New Mexico
#14New Post! Dec 25, 2012 @ 18:12:18
@Dark_Tink Said

This thread is not about compareing countries.
It is about the UK and violent crime rate increase and how the citizens bowed down tov their parlament post haste.

, Ohio
#15New Post! Dec 25, 2012 @ 18:16:15
@offbeat Said

@white_swan53 Said

No, we are not talking about America or it's right to bear arms.

This thread is about the crime rate increase in the UK after the guns and ammo had been taken away from the private citizens because one guy had killed 16 kids and wounded several others on school property .

OH and On a happier note

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
Locked<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)