Politics

President Obama Doing a Great Job

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Alanna On February 13, 2010

Cincinnati,
#1New Post! Feb 13, 2010 @ 03:49:41
During the last days of the Bush administration, when he and his Treasury Secretary went to Congress and told them the American economy would collapse overnight without a government bailout of the major financial institutions, I thought the end of the US as a world power had come to a point of no return.

However, Obama has done a good job of putting the brakes on the downhill slide into the abyss of no return the Republicans had pushed us into.

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 that Obama submitted to Congress and was passed, kept us from going into a full scale depression. It allocated $757 billion to the states to create or retain 595,000 jobs, and rebuild the infrastructure, and extend unemployment benefits.

There is still a long way to go to get to an ideal situation. That will take several more years. But he is going in the right direction.

You can follow your states use of the Recovery money at:
www.recovery.gov
raditz On August 07, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#2New Post! Feb 13, 2010 @ 03:54:13
That's what, about $1.2 million per job "saved" at this point? lol

I am impressed. lol

And another success of this job creation bill is how it was able to keep unemployment under 8%. Total success.
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#3New Post! Feb 13, 2010 @ 04:01:17
Well nukes aren't going off in the streets, so I guess he isn't doing a disastrous job. However, I'm not really sold on the idea he's doing a great job. Especially if our standard is going to be in economics, a field he may not be affecting at all. I'd say he's somewhere in the middle. Not great, but not bad either.

Cincinnati,
#4New Post! Feb 13, 2010 @ 04:09:37
QUOTE=raditz;4761537]
That's what, about $1.2 million per job "saved" at this point? lol

I am impressed. lol

And another success of this job creation bill is how it was able to keep unemployment under 8%. Total success.

-----------------------------------------------------

Can you read? The money went for jobs, unemployment benefits, infrastructure construction, and not menioned were grants and loans to small business. Rebuilding roads and bridges and buildings requires material as well as workers. Its for jobs created, jobs saved, bridges saved, small businesses saved, people whose unemployment had run out saved, etc. etc. If you really want to know where it went I told you to go to www.recovery.com

It's unrealistic to think the ideal unemployment rate is going to be reached in one year, considering the mess he inherited. That will take several years.
Edited: February 13, 2010 @ 04:17
Blah

Houston, Texas
#5New Post! Feb 13, 2010 @ 04:22:37
@Alanna Said

Can you read? The money went for jobs, unemployment benefits, infrastructure construction, and not menioned were grants and loans to small business. Rebuilding roads and bridges and buildings requires material as well as workers.

It's unrealistic to think the ideal unemployment rate is going to be reached in one year, considering the mess he inherited. That will take several years.

Sure, sure, sure. Unemployment is still 2% higher than he claimed it would be. We are still losing thousands of jobs a month. Which is probably why the community organizer included the "saved" nonsense when he speaks about the bill.

Then again, he did create a bunch of new czar positions, so he I guess he did create some jobs.
Edited: February 13, 2010 @ 04:23

Cincinnati,
#6New Post! Feb 13, 2010 @ 04:47:39
@raditz Said

Sure, sure, sure. Unemployment is still 2% higher than he claimed it would be. We are still losing thousands of jobs a month. Which is probably why the community organizer included the "saved" nonsense when he speaks about the bill.

I have no idea what comunity organizer "saved" nonsense you are talking about. The jobs were created or retained by your state government and the governments of all other states.

I never heard anyone claim a definite unemployment rate by a definite date, although having a target goal to work toward is a good thing.

Considering the conditions in 2008, I'm not surprised we're still losing jobs. It will take awhile to turn the economy around. It took 8 years for the Bush to destroy it.
Blah

Houston, Texas
#7New Post! Feb 13, 2010 @ 04:54:02
@Alanna Said

I have no idea what comunity organizer "saved" nonsense you are talking about. The jobs were created or retained by your state government and the governments of all other states.

I never heard anyone claim a definite unemployment rate by a definite date, although having a target goal to work toward is a good thing.

Considering the conditions in 2008, I'm not surprised we're still losing jobs. It will take awhile to turn the economy around. It took 8 years for the Bush to destroy it.

https://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1910208,00.html

Obummer, the community organizer. Added the "saved" nonsense so he can inflate the jobs created with his spending bill.

Give up the "it's Bush's fault" BS. Obama's incompetence is no one's fault but his own.
Edited: February 13, 2010 @ 04:54
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#8New Post! Feb 13, 2010 @ 07:04:18
@raditz Said

https://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1910208,00.html

Obummer, the community organizer. Added the "saved" nonsense so he can inflate the jobs created with his spending bill.

Give up the "it's Bush's fault" BS. Obama's incompetence is no one's fault but his own.

The graph is small.. but look at the difference between the final year of Bush, and the first year of Obama..

Looks like we're coming back from a really horrible place pretty nicely.

Teach the Facts
Katt On July 28, 2011

, Florida
#9New Post! Feb 15, 2010 @ 03:32:27
@Alanna Said

During the last days of the Bush administration, when he and his Treasury Secretary went to Congress and told them the American economy would collapse overnight without a government bailout of the major financial institutions, I thought the end of the US as a world power had come to a point of no return.

However, Obama has done a good job of putting the brakes on the downhill slide into the abyss of no return the Republicans had pushed us into.

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 that Obama submitted to Congress and was passed, kept us from going into a full scale depression. It allocated $757 billion to the states to create or retain 595,000 jobs, and rebuild the infrastructure, and extend unemployment benefits.

There is still a long way to go to get to an ideal situation. That will take several more years. But he is going in the right direction.

www.recovery.gov

NOT quite working out is it???? How do the numbers work again??

From your quote.. It allocated $757 billion to the states to create or retain 595,000 jobs, and rebuild the infrastructure, and extend unemployment benefits.

From someone's referenced article... ~~ https://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1910208,00.html ~~ In a report released on July 13, Romer's Council of Economic Advisers says the stimulus bill is creating opportunities for workers in health care, education and energy. The report reiterates that the economists believe the stimulus plan will create 3.5 million jobs by the end of 2010 . "The various forms of fiscal stimulus are expected to provide powerful upward pressure on aggregate demand and to aid recovery," Romer's group says.

Read more: https://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1910208,00.html#ixzz0fZUTB5Ck

Community organizers and Constitional lawyers should never try to be economic administrators, never works out..

`
Edited: February 15, 2010 @ 03:42
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#10New Post! Feb 15, 2010 @ 06:01:31
@raditz Said

Then again, he did create a bunch of new czar positions, so he I guess he did create some jobs.

And the economy was much worse than the Bush administration ever alluded to, and THEY claimed they needed the stimulus to prevent an economic melt down. How quaint that you are so quick to forget or not mention. It was soft numbers based on projections and a "rule of thumb" that a 1 percent increase in economic output (measured by gross domestic product or GDP) roughly equals 1 million jobs. This BEFORE he was even in office.

True we are still losing jobs- thanks to bubbles and Bush's wars and wealthyfare kickbacks. But it is also a fact that the stimulus bill has "saved" jobs- as much as you'd prefer making fun of that term. Where I work the stimulus "saved" 30 jobs that would have required those positions to be layed off. It also has created jobs. Those are still in the ongoing process- (not everyting was shovel ready you know).

President Obama has been doing quite well.
Edited: February 15, 2010 @ 06:02
ImBlue On August 14, 2010

Deleted

, Rhode Island
#11New Post! Feb 15, 2010 @ 06:15:09
@Alanna Said

www.recovery.gov

You kind of sound like a local democratic GOTV-guy, but yes I agree
patriotic On March 13, 2020

#12New Post! Feb 16, 2010 @ 15:28:07
@Alanna Said

www.recovery.gov

What are you talking about?!
Unemployment reached the highest ever last year, 16% and getting higher.

The so called stimulas packages is a fiasco, no one knows where the money went. The banks did not accept the money. The car business has not improved at all. The real estate is getting worse by the month.

This so called American and Reninvestment Act is hurting our Dollar badly, because the national deficit is out of control.

The tiny country Israel is doing very well, many Western European countries are on their way to recovery.
You will see your taxes next year, it doesn't matter in which tax bracetts are you in, they will go up and up.....

No, we are in trouble with this ignorant president who's only aim is to satisfy his buddies the Muslims.
And, we know how terrible the Islamic countries are doing.
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013