The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Pre-election: Creating an unstable market for jobs?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Jeanne On April 23, 2010

London, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Apr 08, 2010 @ 06:20:03
I?m not a political guru so please forgive any naivety on the matter. I do however, have a keen interest in the economy and can?t wait to see the UK follow in footsteps of the US with regards to recovery.

The year started with a lot of negative news for retail due to all the heavy snow but we were all pleasantly surprised when retail figures were really good. Great news was also about with car manufacturing growth and the government?s investment into the auto industry.

And then jobs were up and the economy showed improvement.
But now I've read about a BCC survey which suggests that due to the public spending squeeze firms are reluctant to invest in the UK.

The public sector recession is likely to hit the jobs market and bring the current growth in employment to a halt.

Could the uncertainty and the up-and-down economy clear up once the elections are done and dusted and a new government takes over/or the old one continues?

It seemed as if the US enjoyed a magnitude of investments after Obama was elected as the new president?

When will economic steady growth be something that we will be able to enjoy as well?
salinaa On May 11, 2010

Surrey, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Apr 15, 2010 @ 10:50:26
Jeanne to be honest that is a question I am sure that a lot of people are wondering and I am not sure how it will pan out to be honest!

I mean of all the candidates do any of them particularly appeal to you? I am sitting on the fence and not quite sure what would be better for us? It is quite hard!

They are starting the live debates tonight - Are you going to be watching this? I was thinking of checking it out and seeing if that makes me feel differently at all... Lets see hey?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs