The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

People Do realize that Prop 8 being ruled unconstitutional by a California judge

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
simplydiffer On April 30, 2015

#1New Post! Sep 14, 2010 @ 00:08:36
Seriously people, think about it. Now that the California judge has made the decision and appeals are being made by anti-gay marriage folks, it has to go to 9th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals. Then to the Supreme Court if the supporters of Prop 8 continue to fight. This could take years and when it hits the Supreme Court, it's gonna hit the fan. If banning gay marriage is unconstitutional everywhere, that includes the Bible Belt. Yes, people the most homophobic states there are will have to be faced with the possibility of gay marriage. I live in one, and trust me, it ain't no California. So why is everyone so happy? I know it's a step in the right direction, but there is a LONG fight to come and the hardest yet. But if the cosmos align and the 9th Circuit U.S Court of Appeals decides Judge Walker's decision is justified, then California's same-sex couples can marry, but what about the rest of us? So either way, there is a long fight ahead of us. Comment?
WASH On June 04, 2012

LINCOLN, California
#2New Post! Sep 17, 2010 @ 18:30:26
@simplydiffer Said

Seriously people, think about it. Now that the California judge has made the decision and appeals are being made by anti-gay marriage folks, it has to go to 9th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals. Then to the Supreme Court if the supporters of Prop 8 continue to fight. This could take years and when it hits the Supreme Court, it's gonna hit the fan. If banning gay marriage is unconstitutional everywhere, that includes the Bible Belt. Yes, people the most homophobic states there are will have to be faced with the possibility of gay marriage. I live in one, and trust me, it ain't no California. So why is everyone so happy? I know it's a step in the right direction, but there is a LONG fight to come and the hardest yet. But if the cosmos align and the 9th Circuit U.S Court of Appeals decides Judge Walker's decision is justified, then California's same-sex couples can marry, but what about the rest of us? So either way, there is a long fight ahead of us. Comment?

I am sure you know that Judge Walker was appointed to decide the issue by other judges. It is possible that his decision was already decided before his appointment knowing that a legal fight would start as your post noted.
WASH On June 04, 2012

LINCOLN, California
#3New Post! Sep 25, 2010 @ 04:28:11
@simplydiffer Said

It seems that the 9th has been more wrong than right acording to the US Supreme Court. The 9th may agree with Judge Walker but the US Court just as easily deny it. Then it will continue to hang on the clothes line.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs