Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#1New Post! Aug 28, 2012 @ 20:27:07

Where else you gonna get this kind of Truth on a major network? The Republican Party ought to adopt his last line as their tagline.
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#2New Post! Aug 28, 2012 @ 20:36:23
Hey admin, how do you give yourself a kudo????
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#3New Post! Aug 28, 2012 @ 20:57:28
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Hey admin, how do you give yourself a kudo????

Buy one.
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#4New Post! Aug 28, 2012 @ 21:03:27
@someone_else Said

Buy one.

It's easier and cheaper this way.

=[9]
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#5New Post! Aug 28, 2012 @ 21:10:29
@ThePainefulTruth Said

It's easier and cheaper this way.

=[9]

Where are you planning on putting those?
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#6New Post! Aug 28, 2012 @ 23:42:38
@someone_else Said

Where are you planning on putting those?

Are you trying to say you're clueless?
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#7New Post! Aug 28, 2012 @ 23:50:32
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Where else you gonna get this kind of Truth on a major network? The Republican Party ought to adopt his last line as their tagline.

Help the helpless, forget the clueless

If the republican party were to adopt that, all the creationists would have to be removed. All the anti-climate change folks would be removed. All the Obama-birther folks would be removed. All the "american is a christian nation" supporter would be removed. All the abstinence-only supporters would be removed.

Most of the republican party would be shattered and scattered. The republican party would go back to its true roots as the intellectual party, which they certainly are not right now.

I agree with Dennis Miller
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#8New Post! Aug 29, 2012 @ 00:25:48
@Tar Said

If the republican party were to adopt that, all the creationists would have to be removed. All the anti-climate change folks would be removed. All the Obama-birther folks would be removed. All the "american is a christian nation" supporter would be removed. All the abstinence-only supporters would be removed.

Can't remember the last time I heard that last one. Look how much the influence of religion has diminished in just the last 50 years.

The way I'm looking at it is (and so is DM I'm sure) top priority is to save the country first, then we can take on those small minorities (some of them have valid points though) who are nowhere near the threat Obamaism is in the immediate future. If they keep to themselves we'll all be fine. At least the Tea Partiers and conservatives and libertarians are up front about who they are. Dems have to hide it, which is why the media is so vital to them. Conservitarians use what media they have to get the Truth out.

Abortion is the real problem but neither side has a decent handle on that, just back off the extremism. I've said for a long time my biggest worry from the right is blind faith in a literal Bible. But those people are fading away in the face of our exponentially growing knowledge. Even here, its defenders are as clueless as the Left and its Government Tit Church.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#9New Post! Aug 29, 2012 @ 00:37:04
@Tar Said

Most of the republican party would be shattered and scattered. The republican party would go back to its true roots as the intellectual party, which they certainly are not right now.

I agree with Dennis Miller

Or people who tax citizens over their personal Obama distrust, people who believe that Obama won't leave if elected out, or people who believe a president doesn't know there are 50 states?
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#10New Post! Aug 29, 2012 @ 01:23:47
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Can't remember the last time I heard that last one. Look how much the influence of religion has diminished in just the last 50 years.

In the republican party, the influence of religion has increased due to the increased threat perceived from the rise of atheism/agnosticism and the loss of church attendances. The democratic party has the lower amount of christian faithfuls which are biblical literalists, if there are any at all. You can thank the "Moral Majority" foolishness for that peculiar twist of fate.

I sense that in this particular subject, you are aligned with democratic liberals. Am I correct?

@ThePainefulTruth Said

The way I'm looking at it is (and so is DM I'm sure) top priority is to save the country first, then we can take on those small minorities (some of them have valid points though) who are nowhere near the threat Obamaism is in the immediate future. If they keep to themselves we'll all be fine. At least the Tea Partiers and conservatives and libertarians are up front about who they are. Dems have to hide it, which is why the media is so vital to them. Conservitarians use what media they have to get the Truth out.

To save the country would be an immense task, however this does not alter the fact that people who cannot acknowledge simple reality will have an even more difficult time repairing it.

Those who cannot acknowledge that Abstinence-only does not work cannot fix birth rate and poor minority/homeless childre problems

Those who cannot acknowledge that Obama is an American citizen cannot perceive how to correct the immigration problem

Those who cannot acknowledge that Climate-change or at least ecological stewardship is important cannot fix the agriculture debacles of subsidies and Monsanto'ism

Those who cannot acknowledge that the USA is based and built as a secular nation with tolerance towards sectarian stupidity cannot hope to create a solution to "Shariah" scares, or marriage equality, or abortion, or birth control or anything else that has a religious tint to it.

If you cannot acknowledge reality, you cannot fix it

@ThePainefulTruth Said

Abortion is the real problem but neither side has a decent handle on that, just back off the extremism. I've said for a long time my biggest worry from the right is blind faith in a literal Bible. But those people are fading away in the face of our exponentially growing knowledge. Even here, its defenders are as clueless as the Left and its Government Tit Church.

Abortion isn't a problem. Simply make a program where any pubescent girl can have a Norplant which will last for 5 or 10 years. Have it for free. Its cheaper to give a 13 year old a 100 dollar Norplant than to spend the next 18 years with a teen having a baby on welfare of an unloved kid turning into a criminal and being in prison for the next 50 years.

Moral Majorities do not see reality. They see only their own ideologies which have no real world application or basis

The numbers of abortions will drop immediately and precipitously. The ONLY reason we have abortion issues is because the "Moral Majority" fools want childbirth to exist as punishment for sex. Why? Because they are hung up about sex. Always have been and always will be.

And by the way, why did you cross out my statements?
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#11New Post! Aug 29, 2012 @ 01:33:22
@Leon Said

Or people who tax citizens over their personal Obama distrust, people who believe that Obama won't leave if elected out, or people who believe a president doesn't know there are 50 states?

Or believe Obama is part of a UN conspiracy to hand over US sovereignty to the UN...
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#12New Post! Aug 29, 2012 @ 02:03:13
@Tar Said

Or believe Obama is part of a UN conspiracy to hand over US sovereignty to the UN...

That was actually the first link I put there.
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#13New Post! Aug 29, 2012 @ 05:48:34
@Tar Said

I sense that in this particular subject, you are aligned with democratic liberals. Am I correct?

No. Like I said the Democrats at this point are the far greater threat; we won't be able to recover after another Obama term. The religious right is fading and a much lesser threat--AND they mostly tell the Truth. There are the much lesser of two evils.

If I could pick and choose I would, but that's not possible--and the power would probably go to my head.

I want to say that if we re-elect Obama, we'll deserve what we get, but there's the media without whose bias and complicity Clinton wouldn't have been elected, much less Obama.
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#14New Post! Aug 29, 2012 @ 06:14:10
@ThePainefulTruth Said

No. Like I said the Democrats at this point are the far greater threat; we won't be able to recover after another Obama term. The religious right is fading and a much lesser threat--AND they mostly tell the Truth. There are the much lesser of two evils.

This is possibly true. Obama is a threat as much as Romney in some facets. In others, Obama is the lesser of the two evils. When it comes to the religious right, Romney is a MUCH greater threat to any and all. If it isn't obvious as to how they are both threats, but your republicans being much more, look at the recent rejection of the Smith-Amash Amendment. This was trampled in the House by a bunch of Tea Party loyalists who CLAIM to support the constitution but s*** on it anyway. These are your republicans. They are as criminal as the Democrats that support this same garbage. How can you support them?

Secondly, have you looked at the Ryan budget? I told you before and I'll tell you again. He EXPANDS military expenditures, not reduces. He wants to spend spend spend just like your best friend Obama. I'd say something about Romney but Romney just doesn't show anything, any of his cards. He never says a word about budgets,just vague nonsense to the only thing we CAN go by is his selection of Ryan

And I can assure you the Religious Right is still very powerful. Look at how much Creationism is being pushed, or Abstinence only, or the Personhood law or all this other theologically based bulls***. No my friend, the religious psychotics have their hands deep in the political machine of the republicans. Make no mistake about that.

@ThePainefulTruth Said

If I could pick and choose I would, but that's not possible--and the power would probably go to my head.

I want to say that if we re-elect Obama, we'll deserve what we get, but there's the media without whose bias and complicity Clinton wouldn't have been elected, much less Obama.

I would agree with you here. We will deserve that we get if we elect Obama or Romney. Same beast, different name
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#15New Post! Aug 29, 2012 @ 07:30:49
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Here's something for you

Biblical idiots

Still think the Religious Right is in decline? This is happening in YOUR backyard isn't it?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs