Writing

My story- Read and Review please

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
jrbosslady On March 13, 2007

Nassau, Bahamas
#1New Post! May 14, 2006 @ 15:50:28
A story for the Lady

Ruby laughed as she watched him walk toward her with a sheepish grin upon his charming face. Slowly his long fingers reached her hair and settled upon her head. His handsome face lowered down, where his lips kissed her cheeks. Pulling back he smiled and took a seat before her.
?Hello dearest.? Eric greeted with his eyes sparkling to see Ruby so beautiful.
She smiled back before replying. ?Late as always. What is your excuse now?? She curiously wanted to know.
Eric chuckled. She was never mad at him for his lateness whenever they had dinner out together. In exchange, Eric had to come up with an excuse to amuse and make her laugh, but always Ruby knew the real reason. Eric had the tendency to forget about the time whenever he was engrossed with his work, and today was no exception.
?You wouldn?t believe the trouble I went through.? Eric started as the waiter handed the couple the menus.
Ruby thanked the waiter before looking back at the gentleman in front of her with a grin upon her face. ?Do tell.? She encouraged.
He laughed at how gorgeous she looked with that teasing way. Eric had to hold himself back from reaching out to kiss her, but thought of doing it later when the time was more appropriate.
?I decided to buy you some flowers on my way to the restaurant.? Eric spoke as his finger ran down the names of the dishes written on the menu.
?Oh, I?m getting flowers?? Ruby asked as her eyebrow raised an inch higher.
?Sorry dearest, unfortunately the shop was closed.? Eric apologized as he looked up to see her eyes sparkling, wanting him to continue on with his story.
Eric?s smile widened before he found the dish and spoke it out to the waiter who jotted down the order, as well as the order Ruby spoke a few moments later.
Leaving the couple alone, Ruby leaned forward and asked. ?So what did you do next??
Eric reached out his hand to softly caress her soft cheek, as his gaze marveled at the mesmerizing figure before him. ?Well you know how I hate leaving you without a gift.? Eric declared, making Ruby smile.
It was true. In the end of every story, Eric had always a gift for her. Each story told his little adventure to obtain the gift, and Ruby sincerely enjoyed hearing him, for the stories were far more important to her than his gifts, and Eric knew that.
?I decided to ponder on what I should buy, and so headed toward the park.? Eric continued as Ruby gazed back at him lovingly. ?Where I encountered an old lady being robbed by a thief.?
?No.? Ruby gasped in surprise, making Eric chuckled at her act. ?What happened next?? She asked curiously.
?What any gentleman would do.? Eric stated. ?I fought the thief to help the lady.?
?Did you get hurt?? Ruby inquired as she leaned forward in interest.
Eric chuckled. ?Me? Getting hurt?? He questioned as if it was impossible for such a thing to happen. ?Well, a bit.? He changed his mind quickly as Eric leaned forward, bringing himself closer to Ruby. ?He got me here.? Eric pointed toward his cheek with a mischief grin upon his face.
?Ah, you poor thing.? She whispered in a motherly tone. ?Let me kiss the pain away.?
Ruby planted a kiss upon his cheek, but Eric turned his face around, making her lips land on his own lips. Pulling away, Eric smiled as Ruby laughed, sending music to his ears.
?Much better.? Eric commented before continuing with his story. ?As you know dearest, I?m a strong guy, and managed to fright the thief away.?
?With your magic powers.? Ruby spoke with laughter in her eyes.
?Exactly dearest.? Eric replied with a wink.
?The old lady in gratitude wished to reward me with a gift, but of course I declined her generous offers.?
?How noble of you.? Ruby declared.
Eric picked her hand and kissed it. ?Well I did deny all the offers she gave, except for one of course.? He spoke with a grin.
Ruby looked up curiously. ?Oh, is that so.?
?Yes my dear.? Eric replied as he took from inside his pocket something that she couldn?t see.
Grinning Ruby spoke. ?So you got the reward and came running to the restaurant to meet me up for dinner.?
Eric nodded his head. ?Exactly. Now will you forgive me for my lateness dearest??
Ruby laughed before nodding. ?Of course I?ll forgive you, how can I not after what you?ve been through.?
Eric smiled and caressed her hand, which he held with his own large one. ?Now dear, let me show you what a rarity of gift I?ve got.?
Curious Ruby looked at his closed fist that surfaced the table. He slowly then opened his fingers to reveal in the middle of his palm a beautiful silver ring with a heart shaped diamond. Ruby gasped, not expecting such a gift. She then smiled and looked up at Eric.
?That was very generous of the old lady to have given you such a ring.? Ruby stated, now knowing exactly why he was late for dinner.
Eric shrugged. ?She gave it willingly.?
Ruby laughed before Eric leaned forward and smiled. ?But there was a condition.?
?There was?? Ruby inquired as she herself leaned forward with a curious smile.
?I had to promise the old lady that she would be invited to the wedding of course.? Eric spoke with a grin. ?If that is ok with you, dearest.?
Ruby?s smile widened as she felt her heart race. Eric was proposing to her and she could see his eyes sparkling with love, but anxiety to hear her answer.
?Of course it is ok.?
Eric quickly then lift himself up from his seat, startling everyone around him, including Ruby. Without warning he kneeled in front of Ruby and placed the ring on her finger before kissing her hand.
?I forgot to tell you one thing though.? Eric commented as he looked up to gaze at her face, which brightened up with joy.
?What is that?? Ruby asked.
Eric smiled in bliss. ?I love you.?
Ruby softly laughed, as if his actions weren?t proof enough. ?How does the story end?? She then wanted to know.
Eric smiled. ?That is for us to find out later, my dearest.?

The End
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs