Politics

Mother injected brain-damaged son with heroin

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jan 14, 2010 @ 19:20:48
A mother accused of murdering her disabled son has described in court how she told him that she loved him before administering a heroin overdose.

She was giving evidence about the moment she allegedly attempted to murder her son Tom in September 2007 in a bid to end his suffering.

The Old Bailey has heard that Ms Inglis went on to succeed in killing the 22-year-old in November 2008.

He was left helpless after suffering severe head injuries when he fell out of an ambulance in July 2007, the jury has heard.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8459388.stm

Now I can't imagine the trauma and pain this woman had seeing her son like that and maybe if he had been like that for years then I would sympathise with her but his accident was in July 2007 and she 'murdered' him just over a year later. Stating in court that doctors were lying about his chances of recovery.

Why would doctors lie about something like that?

I'm sorry for her and her son but recovery from severe head injury can take years and years, giving up after just over one and killing him to 'end his suffering' is frankly mind blowing to me. And the fact she attempted to kill him just months after his accident makes it even worse.

Does anyone sympathise with her or like me think she should have had more patience? Admittedly some people with injuries like this never recover but if I was in that position (touch wood I will never be) I think I'd listen to a doctor and have hope they would get better if that's what the professionals were telling me.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#2New Post! Jan 14, 2010 @ 19:22:26
I guess it would depend how stressed she was and her mental state at the time. It can't be easy to take care of a disabled person and if she got to the point she gave up maybe she thought she was doing the right thing.
It couldn't have been easy for her.
I'm not gonna judge right or wrong here.
\m//O_O\\m/

#3New Post! Jan 14, 2010 @ 19:30:30
@plebian_angel Said

I guess it would depend how stressed she was and her mental state at the time. It can't be easy to take care of a disabled person and if she got to the point she gave up maybe she thought she was doing the right thing.
It couldn't have been easy for her.
I'm not gonna judge right or wrong here.

I don't want to judge her and I could understand it more if she was taking car of him 24/7. But she wasn't he was under hospital care and she visited him twice a day.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#4New Post! Jan 14, 2010 @ 19:31:58
@SparklyKatie Said

I don't want to judge her and I could understand it more if she was taking car of him 24/7. But she wasn't he was under hospital care and she visited him twice a day.

I don't know..maybe just seeing him like that was stressful
\m//O_O\\m/

#5New Post! Jan 14, 2010 @ 19:33:09
@plebian_angel Said

I don't know..maybe just seeing him like that was stressful

Yeah perhaps. Sad story though.
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#6New Post! Jan 14, 2010 @ 19:46:16
Wow, when I first started reading this, I thought it was about a baby. Not sure why I thought that.

In my opinion, she shouldn't have done it. While I sympathize with her and can't even begin to imagine what she was feeling or how she was coping, I think it's wrong.

And to attempt the murder a few months after the initial accident?
Olivia_Kelly On March 04, 2011

#7New Post! Jan 14, 2010 @ 20:23:23
With head injuries, I think that the doctors must be brutally honest with families of patients. But, they can give false hope or say that they are hopeful for the patient.

The truth is, with head injuries, the doctors don't even know. They'll tell you that.

The brain is so complex. Sometimes, minimal damage can seriously affect the patient; and sometimes with what seems like a lot of brain damage, the patient can make a nearly full recovery.
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#8New Post! Jan 14, 2010 @ 20:25:03
Seems to me that would be a hard thing to do 'period'..
but he wasn't even suffering....I could understand more if he were.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs