Moon Landing PROVED.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 · >>
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#1New Post! Sep 08, 2008 @ 10:03:08
On Myth Busters, I was watching it this weekend.

It was pretty factual and very interesting actually, they explained a few of the conspiracy theories by... putting them to the test...

Flag waving... will actually wave a lot in a vacuum as it has no air resistance to stop it.. hence why it waved like a strong breeze hit it.. how did they test it.. by putting it in a giant vacuum, and testing it. that?s how..

Foot print on the moon.. the moons surface is made up of ruff sand like substance, again in a vacuum with a boot they proved that it can hold a form in space.

They went up in a Aircraft that can create zero "G" in this flight they reduced the up and down ?G? of the aircraft to 1/6th of earth gravity, to prove that a walk on the moon would be the same as filmed and not a slowed down film. The proved that the moon walk is the moon walk that filmed on the moon.

There was another few things they did that proved the moon landing, which I feel should set the conspiracy idiots quite, but the biggest proof was a reflector left by Apollo 15 on the moon, they point a laser at it and it reflects back. They did 2 tests for this, laser pointed at the moon, and laser pointed at the reflector, the reflector got a send back signal.

So if you get a chance to watch this episode please do.
Nugs On October 13, 2008

, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Sep 08, 2008 @ 10:05:14
Oh I'll look out for that cheers!
young_nick On December 11, 2010
The Dude

Auckland, New Zealand
#3New Post! Sep 08, 2008 @ 10:06:21
Great.
Took their time though, I'm amazed they didn't try that earlier
booneylust On September 30, 2012

Suffolk, Virginia
#4New Post! Sep 08, 2008 @ 11:24:52
It's interesting that so many critics have arisen over the moon landing. I can't say I know the truth to this. It's a very strange ordeal, indeed.
Wheezy_Knight On February 24, 2012

Deleted

Ankh-Morpork, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Sep 08, 2008 @ 11:28:19
*doesn't believe mythbusters exist*
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#6New Post! Sep 23, 2008 @ 15:40:05
Having set up a laser/reflector up on the moon doesn't require people to have been there does it? They could use some kind of robot arm or something couldn't they? There were plenty of unmanned missions.
perliaa On November 04, 2009

Upnorth, Canada
#7New Post! Sep 23, 2008 @ 17:12:57
@Wheezy_Knight Said
*doesn't believe mythbusters exist*

mythbusters must be working for nasa now.

doesn't believe Wheezy_Knight exist
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#8New Post! Sep 23, 2008 @ 17:43:39
@Lili Said
Having set up a laser/reflector up on the moon doesn't require people to have been there does it? They could use some kind of robot arm or something couldn't they? There were plenty of unmanned missions.

In the 60s?
4000Earthquakes On April 25, 2009

Banned

Joshua Tree, California
#9New Post! Sep 23, 2008 @ 18:04:28
Why are people who simply do not trust the government or other big organizations at their word, and seek to understand things beyond what the "experts" are telling them called "conspiracy idiots"?

Only a fool takes everyone at their word.

Religion is a conspiracy to rope innocent people into their fold, in order to take their money, sway their votes, and keep them under their thumb.

Those moon-landing pictures looked mighty faked to me. Heck the horizon, or "curve of the moon" was like, only a half mile in the background. How come we never saw beyond those very close back-ground hills?

Why didn't they go to the top of those hills and take some pictures for us -- of a larger landscape?

How come the shadows were all messed up?

How come they never attempted to bounce a basket ball, so people could see what that would be like in a minimal gravity environment?

Why didn't they try to do some juggling, to show people what would happen to those balls in a low-gravity environment?

You know, just a couple of cute, human interest things, so people could at least get their moneys worth for all the tax money they invested for that venture.

Why weren't there any burn marks on the ground under the space craft where it had landed?

Another thing I've wondered about; (This is more of a science question):

How does the moon have any gravity?

Isn't "rotation" the prime cause for gravity?
If the earth stopped rotating, we'd all float off into space, right?
How does the moon have gravity, if it, by itself, does not rotate?
It merely rotates around the earth.

Ok, talk.
weaksauce On May 28, 2011

DFW, Texas
#10New Post! Sep 23, 2008 @ 18:29:27
@4000earthquakes Said
Why are people who simply do not trust the government or other big organizations at their word, and seek to understand things beyond what the "experts" are telling them called "conspiracy idiots"?

Religion is a conspiracy to rope innocent people into their fold, in order to take their money, sway their votes, and keep them under their thumb.

Those moon-landing pictures looked mighty faked to me. Heck the horizon, or "curve of the moon" was like, only a half mile in the background. How come we never saw beyond those very close back-ground hills?

Why didn't they go to the top of those hills and take some pictures for us -- of a larger landscape?

How come they never attempted to bounce a basket ball, so people could see what that would be like in a minimal gravity environment?

Why didn't they try to do some juggling, to show people what would happen to those balls in a low-gravity environment?

You know, just a couple of cute, human interest things, so people could at least get their moneys worth for all the tax money they invested for that venture.

Why weren't there any burn marks on the ground under the space craft where it had landed?

Ok, talk.

im not going to answer all of ur questions cause i dont want to. but ill answer some.

mass plays a huge part in gravity. the moon does rotate. if u stand on the moon the stars raise and fall like on the earth.
as for the juggling and bouncing the ball. they were there for scientific reasons not to prove that they were up there. and i believe they hit a golf ball off the moon. which it is still going, unless it hit something.

for the shadows. the reason they look weird is because the on earth the atmosphere scatters the sun light, on the moon it does not.

for the horizon thing. the moon is 1/4 the size of earth. naturally ur going to see the curve. NASA is going to land them in the best and even more so safest place.

Source moon rotation

source for shadows
perliaa On November 04, 2009

Upnorth, Canada
#11New Post! Sep 23, 2008 @ 18:33:16
@4000earthquakes Said

Ok, talk.

I never believed they went to the moon if they did why not go back in all this time?
doubtingthomas On April 26, 2010
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#12New Post! Sep 23, 2008 @ 19:15:29
@4000earthquakes Said

The so called "experts" typicaly earn thier positions from years of study and aplication of studied subjects.

@4000earthquakes Said

True.

@4000earthquakes Said

Off topic, but also true.

@4000earthquakes Said

The moon is only a fraction of the size of the earth, because of the earths size its only possible to see 30 miles in any direction at ground level. The moon being a smaller body would less of a distance.

@4000earthquakes Said

Mountain climbing is dangerous on earth. Can you imagine what it would be like in a 75lb suit, in low gravity in a foren eviorment? Sorry hill/mountian climbing was not advisable.

@4000earthquakes Said

Lighting in atmosphere of earth is much diffrent than a area without atmosphere. A good amount of the camera equipment they brought with them was not only disigned for a huge amount of glare but was also disigned to survive the trip and be functional vs quality.

@4000earthquakes Said

A basketball contains air under presure to retain its shape. If you put a presurised ball on a space craft entering a place with no atmosphere you have no presure at that point on the outside of the ball, effectivly turning it into a little round bomb. The second they bumped it into a sharp object or bounced it on a sharp rocky eviorment, it would explode, sending peices of astronaught into space.

@4000earthquakes Said

Juggling as we know it is impossible in a low gravity eviroment. As much fun as it is to throw things around all that expencive equipment I think they wanted to pass.

@4000earthquakes Said

Limited time on the first landing . Wasn't it Apollo 13 that was comming to run more experements on the moon? That was the one that had the terrible accident.

@4000earthquakes Said

They did't use fire as a propelent. Fire doesn't work without atmosphere. No fire, no burn marks.

@4000earthquakes Said

Ok, talk.

The moon is trapped in the gravitational pull of the earths rotation.
As one body rotates around another body, a gravity like force happens. I think its called "cintrifical force" (exuse the spelling). Grab hold of your friends hands and both of your spin around while holding each others hands, you can recreate a gravity like effect. This is the gravity that is felt on on the moon. You can also see the pull that the moon has on the earth, in the form of "Tides".

Sources:
https://www.windows.ucar.edu/tour/link=/earth/moons_and_rings.html

https://curious.astro.cornell.edu/question.php?number=142
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#13New Post! Sep 23, 2008 @ 20:09:00
@markfox01 Said
In the 60s?

they had unmanned missions before they had manned missions.
sweetcheeks On December 02, 2009

, Ireland
#14New Post! Sep 23, 2008 @ 20:14:10
Did they discover what type of cheese the moon was made of?
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#15New Post! Sep 23, 2008 @ 20:15:21
@doubtingthomas Said

The moon is trapped in the gravitational pull of the earths rotation.
As one body rotates around another body, a gravity like force happens. I think its called "cintrifical force" (exuse the spelling). Grab hold of your friends hands and both of your spin around while holding each others hands, you can recreate a gravity like effect. This is the gravity that is felt on on the moon. You can also see the pull that the moon has on the earth, in the form of "Tides".

Sources:
https://www.windows.ucar.edu/tour/link=/earth/moons_and_rings.html

https://curious.astro.cornell.edu/question.php?number=142

Centrifical force is not gravity, lol. Centrifical force would fling objects off the planet earth or the moon if it weren't for the gravity of the planet/moon. MASS gives objects gravity, centrifical force flings things AWAY, not toward, each other. You'll notice when you hold hands with your friends, you're being pulled away from each other, not pushed into each other. If you and your friend had gravity, you'd be stuck to one another. The only hope you may have of unsticking yourselves may be to try to use centrifical force to pull yourselves away. It is this push and pull between gravity and centrifical force that causes orbits. The gravity is pulling the two bodies together, centrifical force is pulling them apart. The distance of the orbit is the balance between those two forces.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs