Forums: Business & Money:
Investing

Lottery as an investment

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Corey On January 25, 2022

Sacramento, California
#1New Post! Apr 16, 2013 @ 02:45:52
So do you play the lottery? Are you addicted? Can you afford it? Do you really believe the money helps the schools? Do you believe it is "fixed?" Do you know you have a better chance of digging up buried treasure in your back yard, than you do of winning the lottery? Do you think big corporations are buying any lottery tickets?

https://www.salon.com/2013/04/15/10_reasons_state_lotteries_ruin_the_economy_partner/

No, I'm not against gambling. I think it is a lot of fun and good entertainment.

Corey.
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#2New Post! Apr 16, 2013 @ 03:17:27
I'll spend a buck or two when the lottery goes above 200,000,000.. I'm aware that it's more likely that I'll be struck by lightening and an asteroid, and a piece of space junk all on the same day than it is that I'll win, but someone has to win, so 2 bucks for a shot at 200 million seems like good fun.

Plus, from the time that I buy my ticket until the time that the numbers are drawn, and I toss my losing ticket in the trash, I get to fantasize about how I'm going to spend the money.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#3New Post! Apr 16, 2013 @ 03:21:57
No, I don't play the lottery and have never bought a ticket, although I do want to buy at least one in my lifetime but for some reason, always feel embarrassed about it so I never do.

No, I'm not addicted to anything but my hollingsworth right now.

Yes, the money definitely helps schools.

No, I don't think it's fixed as having visited one of the top producing lotto ticket manufacturing places last year and see how the process and security is reinforced, it would be near impossible to fix.

No, you'll have better luck getting a job and saving money with the help of compound interest than treasure hunting or lotto winning. Actually, your chances of winning the lottery are actually less than being struck by lightening.

Yes, big corporations do buy lottery tickets, usually to resale or use it as a charity fund-raiser .
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs