Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
mark_is_god On June 26, 2015

antrim, Ireland
#46New Post! Jan 19, 2010 @ 22:28:13
@sheepy Said

Let's see

He was a "bloody foreigner"........ Check .

Muslim for good measure.......probably...... Check.

Asylum seeker................. Check.

Not working............... Check.

Involved in criminal activity......well it was probably in order to survive, and wasn't exactly gun running, but what the heck.......... Check.

A "darkie"..........no......oh hang on can't we imply he is....well Morocco is sunny and people there tend to be darker than northern europeans....oh ok then............... Check.

Yup - the right paper there.

be fair, at least they didn't mention princess diana.
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#47New Post! Jan 19, 2010 @ 22:29:01
@mark_is_god Said

be fair, at least they didn't mention princess diana.

I thought that was the Daily Express?
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#48New Post! Jan 19, 2010 @ 22:29:29
@retep Said

Ken Clarke.

Your education has started.

Ken Fit Like Loon?

My education of ex-tory mp jazz lovers?

I dinnae ken fit yir saying maanie but am daeing fine, yirsel?
mark_is_god On June 26, 2015

antrim, Ireland
#49New Post! Jan 19, 2010 @ 22:31:54
@crazychica Said

I thought that was the Daily Express?

OOPS

yeah apparently it is, ah well daily express, daily mail, they're basically the same.
retep On May 18, 2010

, United Kingdom
#50New Post! Jan 19, 2010 @ 22:32:41
@crazychica Said

Well one, that's not true. We still hold sovereignty and don't have to sign any treaty we're not comfortable with. It's pretty complicated since the laws those treaties have us obey technically take precedence over our existing laws but no-one enforces them unless challenged in a European court most of the time.

But also, that just revealed a lot about you as a person. You're obviously Francophobic and Germanophobic.

Almost bloody hydophobic about Europe.... Your views on the EU are very naive, and I dont mean that in an insulting way... no time to get into the EU thing just now but be pleased too in future.
dazzler On September 10, 2010

, United Kingdom
#51New Post! Jan 19, 2010 @ 22:34:33
@crazychica Said

Because that's how Hitler got into power?

And what difference will my vote make in keeping out some (not as) horrible, greedy nutjobs? Hitler's dead anyway, he won't get in again.

@sheepy Said

Polling stations are often in old buildings - church halls and such, so by voting you get to admire the often interesting architecture?

Ours isn't. it's in a prefabricated building site caravan.
retep On May 18, 2010

, United Kingdom
#52New Post! Jan 19, 2010 @ 22:39:28
@jmo Said

My education of ex-tory mp jazz lovers?

I dinnae ken fit yir saying maanie but am daeing fine, yirsel?

Nae bad ye ken, thanks fae asken.
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#53New Post! Jan 19, 2010 @ 22:41:20
@retep Said

Almost bloody hydophobic about Europe.... Your views on the EU are very naive, and I dont mean that in an insulting way... no time to get into the EU thing just now but be pleased too in future.

Um I actually studied the legal system as part of my course. How much do you know about how our legal system works. And please, don't spare me the details.
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#54New Post! Jan 19, 2010 @ 22:42:17
@dazzler Said

And what difference will my vote make in keeping out some (not as) horrible, greedy nutjobs? Hitler's dead anyway, he won't get in again

Because one vote can make a difference. Let's say that 20 years in the future the BNP win by one vote and you didn't vote. How daft are you going to feel then?

, United Kingdom
#55New Post! Jan 19, 2010 @ 22:48:09
@crazychica Said

Because one vote can make a difference. Let's say that 20 years in the future the BNP win by one vote and you didn't vote. How daft are you going to feel then?

If we had a system of proportional representation, then my single vote might sway it. At the moment, one vote wouldn't decide it, if it was that close it would be hung. Everybody votes tactically, not for who they want in, but for the best of who they don't want in and that's why my vote for my mate Dave standing as an independant would be as valuable as spoiling the form.

I'd vote for 'none of the above' if there was a box. I'd waste my own time to tick it, just to send a message to these buttholes that nobody actually wants to vote for them. Why should we accept that it's either Labour or Tory? Because they've engineered it that way.
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#56New Post! Jan 19, 2010 @ 22:52:22
@dazzler Said

If we had a system of proportional representation, then my single vote might sway it. At the moment, one vote wouldn't decide it, if it was that close it would be hung. Everybody votes tactically, not for who they want in, but for the best of who they don't want in and that's why my vote for my mate Dave standing as an independant would be as valuable as spoiling the form.

I'd vote for 'none of the above' if there was a box. I'd waste my own time to tick it, just to send a message to these buttholes that nobody actually wants to vote for them. Why should we accept that it's either Labour or Tory? Because they've engineered it that way.

I agree with you on a PR system. I did my essay on it when I did a politics class. And yeah, other than the fact that people find the system complicated then it might work better because first past the post forces people to vote tactically which sucks because I wanted to vote Lib Dem but now unless they start to show a lot of support in this area I'll have to vote Labour because the BNP are contesting the seat

, United Kingdom
#57New Post! Jan 19, 2010 @ 22:57:44
@crazychica Said

I agree with you on a PR system. I did my essay on it when I did a politics class. And yeah, other than the fact that people find the system complicated then it might work better because first past the post forces people to vote tactically which sucks because I wanted to vote Lib Dem but now unless they start to show a lot of support in this area I'll have to vote Labour because the BNP are contesting the seat

I'd vote for the Libdems if they hadn't been so obscenely stupid by not putting Vince Cable at the helm. He's worth voting for.
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#58New Post! Jan 19, 2010 @ 23:03:05
@dazzler Said

I'd vote for the Libdems if they hadn't been so obscenely stupid by not putting Vince Cable at the helm. He's worth voting for.

I like Nick Clegg. He makes good points and has ways of making a dramatic statement. Plus he seems awesome. I got a generic letter through my door from him that had my name on it. It was pretty nice.

, United Kingdom
#59New Post! Jan 19, 2010 @ 23:05:54
@crazychica Said

I like Nick Clegg. He makes good points and has ways of making a dramatic statement. Plus he seems awesome. I got a generic letter through my door from him that had my name on it. It was pretty nice.

Generated by a computer fed with your electoral role details which they sell on to junk mailers and market research companies. Clegg is like the nice teacher who lost control of his class so one day turned nasty. Cables the headmaster.
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#60New Post! Jan 19, 2010 @ 23:10:15
@dazzler Said

Generated by a computer fed with your electoral role details which they sell on to junk mailers and market research companies. Clegg is like the nice teacher who lost control of his class so one day turned nasty. Cables the headmaster.

How have the Lib Dems turned nasty? And all of this from a guy who doesn't bother to vote anyway
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs