BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#3New Post! Aug 19, 2009 @ 15:38:55
I only like his solo stuff. I hated the Beatles. Lennon, though, yeah
tardcore On May 24, 2010

Deleted

Between a rock and another roc
#4New Post! Aug 19, 2009 @ 15:43:58
I hate John Lennon. He was a s***ty father. Paul McCartney wrote Hey Jude for John's son Julian and John always swore the song was about him. Julian Lennon had a closer relationship with Paul than with his own dad.
CORN1SH On January 05, 2010

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Aug 19, 2009 @ 15:58:45
@squirt_aka_casey Said

I only like his solo stuff. I hated the Beatles. Lennon, though, yeah

really?

think your in the minority who think that.

what others songs of his are good apart from 'imagine', 'jelous guy' and 'stand by me'

was stand by me even 'his' song
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#6New Post! Aug 19, 2009 @ 16:16:08
@tardcore Said

I hate John Lennon. He was a s***ty father. Paul McCartney wrote Hey Jude for John's son Julian and John always swore the song was about him. Julian Lennon had a closer relationship with Paul than with his own dad.

I've never heard that before, but I'm not surprised, but I personally think that McCartney is the devil. I hate the man to no end!!!

@CORN1SH Said

really?

think your in the minority who think that.

what others songs of his are good apart from 'imagine', 'jelous guy' and 'stand by me'

was stand by me even 'his' song

No... Stand By Me was Ben E. King, although, I guess Lennon redid the song.

I love the song "War is Over" it's one of the few Christmas songs that I can stand to hear every year. He also did the other "Sunday Bloody Sunday" but it's not the same as the U2 version

He also has "Give Peace a Chance"

After that, I really don't know much else. I respect Lennon for his non conformist, refusal to be what everyone expects him to be bulls*** that the Beatles always were. I respect him for standing up for his beliefs even when it was hard to do so. Something that can't be said for any other former Beatles member. I can't stand Yoko though, just to be clear. Mostly her voice. I don't care for her much though otherwise. After Lennon died, she just became another socialite woman.
tardcore On May 24, 2010

Deleted

#7New Post! Aug 19, 2009 @ 16:19:38
@squirt_aka_casey Said

I've never heard that before, but I'm not surprised, but I personally think that McCartney is the devil. I hate the man to no end!!!

No... Stand By Me was Ben E. King, although, I guess Lennon redid the song.

I love the song "War is Over" it's one of the few Christmas songs that I can stand to hear every year. He also did the other "Sunday Bloody Sunday" but it's not the same as the U2 version

He also has "Give Peace a Chance"

After that, I really don't know much else. I respect Lennon for his non conformist, refusal to be what everyone expects him to be bulls*** that the Beatles always were. I respect him for standing up for his beliefs even when it was hard to do so. Something that can't be said for any other former Beatles member. I can't stand Yoko though, just to be clear. Mostly her voice. I don't care for her much though otherwise. After Lennon died, she just became another socialite woman.

Your view of the Beatles is extremely warped, although I'm sure your opinion holds weight somewhere, just not here.
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#8New Post! Aug 19, 2009 @ 16:33:46
I don't know, I just have an intensely hard time seeing the Beatles has anything more than a corporately produced boy band hit machine that they are. They are nothing more than that. After they did some drugs and pretended to have some substance to their crappy fake music, they were more tolerable, but the whole time they were out, they were nothing more than what Madonna was in the 80's. A sensation that followed with the times in such a way as to stay popular. At least Madonna can admit to it.

Now, when they split, I feel that Lennon put more of himself into the music than he even did while he was with the Beatles. Harrison, eh..... Whatever, he was still pop, and I feel kind of bad for him bc he didn't share the same solo success as the rest, and he really tried, Ringo is only cool cause he was the conductor on Tomas the Train George Carlin was better in the roll though

Paul McCartney became an unbearable jerk!! Hands down. I mean, really, did you turn a blind eye to the mud slinging immature bull crap he pulled during the divorce with Linda? Or what about locking up all the catalog of the Beatles music, and for a bit some of Micheal Jackson's music so that you couldn't even buy it for temporary download? He was trying to force that music to become collectible so that he could make more money. JERK
tardcore On May 24, 2010

Deleted

#9New Post! Aug 19, 2009 @ 16:35:37
@squirt_aka_casey Said

I don't know, I just have an intensely hard time seeing the Beatles has anything more than a corporately produced boy band hit machine that they are. They are nothing more than that. After they did some drugs and pretended to have some substance to their crappy fake music, they were more tolerable, but the whole time they were out, they were nothing more than what Madonna was in the 80's. A sensation that followed with the times in such a way as to stay popular. At least Madonna can admit to it.

Now, when they split, I feel that Lennon put more of himself into the music than he even did while he was with the Beatles. Harrison, eh..... Whatever, he was still pop, and I feel kind of bad for him bc he didn't share the same solo success as the rest, and he really tried, Ringo is only cool cause he was the conductor on Tomas the Train George Carlin was better in the roll though

Paul McCartney became an unbearable jerk!! Hands down. I mean, really, did you turn a blind eye to the mud slinging immature bull crap he pulled during the divorce with Linda? Or what about locking up all the catalog of the Beatles music, and for a bit some of Micheal Jackson's music so that you couldn't even buy it for temporary download? He was trying to force that music to become collectible so that he could make more money. JERK

First of all, The Beatles were far from some corporate produced pop group. Again, do some research. Second, they almost singlehandedly ushered in the psychedelic era when they released Revolver, so where you get that they were following trends is a mystery. Third, if you have a problem with downloading Beatles songs, blame Michael Jackson and Sony.
Rasputin On March 13, 2020

London, Canada
#10New Post! Aug 19, 2009 @ 16:42:38
Walls and Bridges from 1975 was a masterpiece.
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#11New Post! Aug 19, 2009 @ 16:58:34
@tardcore Said

First of all, The Beatles were far from some corporate produced pop group. Again, do some research. Second, they almost singlehandedly ushered in the psychedelic era when they released Revolver, so where you get that they were following trends is a mystery. Third, if you have a problem with downloading Beatles songs, blame Michael Jackson and Sony.

https://www.scaruffi.com/history/cpt21.html

So.... your saying that the Rolling Stones, the Who, and Bob Dylan had nothing to do with any of that? The Stones and the Who were doing the rock psychedelic sound long before the Beatles ventured into it, and Dylan was doing the political thing before the Beatles ventured into that crap too. Trend setters my ass. Maybe trend setters on how to be money grubbing a******s.

Don't blame two things that PAUL MCCARTNEY owned. Micheal did not own it when McCartney pulled that crap. Sony came out against him, saying that if people were paying for the music they should not be denied it. Sony went as far as posting it on the downloadable jukeboxes when you looked for Beatles, McCartney, and some Jackson music it read "Paul McCartney refuses the release of this music in download form".

If it were Jackson and Sony than ALL of Jackson and ALL of Sony's music artists would not have been downloadable!!! It was just McCartney, Beatles and the collection of Jackson's stuff that McCartney owned.
tardcore On May 24, 2010

Deleted

#12New Post! Aug 19, 2009 @ 17:08:32
I said that Revolver almost singlehandedly ushered in the psychedelic era. I didn't say that no other bands had anything to do with it. The Revolver album had more to do with the studio techniques and song arrangements of the era than the other bands you mentioned.
tardcore On May 24, 2010

Deleted

#13New Post! Aug 19, 2009 @ 17:11:37
@squirt_aka_casey Said
If it were Jackson and Sony than ALL of Jackson and ALL of Sony's music artists would not have been downloadable!!! It was just McCartney, Beatles and the collection of Jackson's stuff that McCartney owned.

I would have done the same thing as a statement if a certain somebody who outbid me for the publishing rights to my own songs and rented them out for commercials.
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#14New Post! Aug 19, 2009 @ 17:17:17
@tardcore Said

I would have done the same thing as a statement if a certain somebody who outbid me for the publishing rights to my own songs and rented them out for commercials.

Right cause there is nothing a*****e-ish about trying to tie up songs that you CO WROTE WITH THREE OTHER PEOPLE for another 20 some odd years so that only you (not the two living other people who helped to MAKE that music) exclusively got money for it. If I were Ringo and Harrison, I would have beaten McCartney down with a stick for that s***!
tardcore On May 24, 2010

Deleted

#15New Post! Aug 19, 2009 @ 17:19:48
@squirt_aka_casey Said

Right cause there is nothing a*****e-ish about trying to tie up songs that you CO WROTE WITH THREE OTHER PEOPLE for another 20 some odd years so that only you (not the two living other people who helped to MAKE that music) exclusively got money for it. If I were Ringo and Harrison, I would have beaten McCartney down with a stick for that s***!

Ringo and George had writing credits on very few of the songs.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs