The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Random

I want everyone to have a great Thanksgiving!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
ForumNazi On December 28, 2016

Bossier, Louisiana
#1New Post! Nov 24, 2015 @ 00:11:01
Everyone here should have a great one, and I will be absent for the next week, though I will be back! I hope everyone has a great one and if you feel the need/want to post how it went on here I would love to see everyone's enjoyment of the day and festivities. Even if it is only for Black Friday sales that start on Thursday night!

I'll also post mine when I return back to the campus!
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#2New Post! Nov 24, 2015 @ 00:30:51
I forgot it was American Thanksgiving this week.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our American members. Now go and watch some football.

Oh, and please... share all the juicy details about what you're having for dinner. Because if there's one thing that's almost as important as meeting with friends and family, it's the food...
ssnot_me On February 01, 2016

big D, Texas
#3New Post! Nov 24, 2015 @ 00:53:36
Happy Thanksgiving everyone
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#4New Post! Nov 24, 2015 @ 21:46:38
@psycoskunk Said

Oh, and please... share all the juicy details about what you're having for dinner. Because if there's one thing that's almost as important as meeting with friends and family, it's the food...

We're not seeing any family, because they either live too far away or they're dead. We're not seeing any friends because they've got families.

But we're making a small turkey, with sweet potatoes, roasted brussels sprouts, green beans, winter squash, stuffing and gravy. I might do baked potatoes as well, but there's already a lot of starches, so I'm not sure. Going to pair it with a California Pinot Noir.

For dessert we'll be having rhubarb pie with a Chilean Ruby Port.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#5New Post! Nov 24, 2015 @ 21:51:43
OK that thanksgiving. Everyone enjoy wherever you are.

We celebrate Thanksgivings many times throughout the year. This time of the year it is the staples- squashes, pumpkins, wild rice, maple syrup & sugar, cranberries, venison, turkey, & various nuts & berries collected throughout the summer/fall. Many modern dishes but also the old family & Nations recipes.

Never the black fri for me. We stay home. Or do other things.
TenaciousDave On February 11, 2022
The Anus Of Satan

Jeffrey Dahmer's Lunchbox,
#6New Post! Nov 24, 2015 @ 23:09:55
@ForumNazi Said

Everyone here should have a great one, and I will be absent for the next week, though I will be back! I hope everyone has a great one and if you feel the need/want to post how it went on here I would love to see everyone's enjoyment of the day and festivities. Even if it is only for Black Friday sales that start on Thursday night!

I'll also post mine when I return back to the campus!

Thanks, man. You have yourself a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Funky-Footed Skunk

#7New Post! Nov 25, 2015 @ 00:42:28
@boxer Said

We're not seeing any family, because they either live too far away or they're dead. We're not seeing any friends because they've got families.

But we're making a small turkey, with sweet potatoes, roasted brussels sprouts, green beans, winter squash, stuffing and gravy. I might do baked potatoes as well, but there's already a lot of starches, so I'm not sure. Going to pair it with a California Pinot Noir.

For dessert we'll be having rhubarb pie with a Chilean Ruby Port.

Sounds delicious....

If you do decide to do mashed potatoes, I recommend roasting at least 1 whole clove of garlic before mashing it into the potatoes. You can never go wrong with roasted garlic mashed potatoes.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#8New Post! Nov 25, 2015 @ 01:36:19
@psycoskunk Said

Sounds delicious....

If you do decide to do mashed potatoes, I recommend roasting at least 1 whole clove of garlic before mashing it into the potatoes. You can never go wrong with roasted garlic mashed potatoes.

Well, unless you invited vamipires for dinner. (Or after dinner drinks as the case may be)
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#9New Post! Nov 25, 2015 @ 04:26:22
@DiscordTiger Said

Well, unless you invited vamipires for dinner. (Or after dinner drinks as the case may be)

If I was having vampires, I would have the common decency to serve blood sausages or blood pudding.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#10New Post! Nov 25, 2015 @ 05:37:48
@psycoskunk Said

Sounds delicious....

Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#11New Post! Nov 25, 2015 @ 05:38:48
@DiscordTiger Said

One must NEVER invite a vampire for drinks!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#12New Post! Nov 25, 2015 @ 05:40:15
@boxer Said

If I was having vampires, I would have the common decency to serve blood sausages or blood pudding.

True, but I've heard having vampire guests over really sucks!
Funky-Footed Skunk

#13New Post! Nov 26, 2015 @ 00:26:00
@DiscordTiger Said

Well, unless you invited vampires for dinner. (Or after dinner drinks as the case may be)

Considering how much I love garlic, I don't think any'd accept my invitation even if I offered.

@shinobinoz Said

One must NEVER invite a vampire for drinks!

Especially because they apparently can't consume alcohol...

It's true. Lesser know vampire fact: Their bodies can't process alcohol because you need a working liver for that and seeing as they're undead and all, they instead get really sick when they drink it.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#14New Post! Nov 26, 2015 @ 00:27:59
@psycoskunk Said

Considering how much I love garlic, I don't think any'd accept my invitation even if I offered.

Especially because they apparently can't consume alcohol...

It's true. Lesser know vampire fact: Their bodies can't process alcohol because you need a working liver for that and seeing as they're undead and all, they instead get really sick when they drink it.

hmmmmmmmmm, garlic infused wine perhaps?
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#15New Post! Nov 26, 2015 @ 03:44:01
This year we aren't doing turkey...a big roast beef tenderloin is on the menu though and I cannot wait.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs