The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
College Life

I'm going to have trouble making friends next semister.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
bloody__bug On October 28, 2011

nowwere, Canada
#1New Post! Jul 16, 2010 @ 06:53:06
I'm feeling very anti-Social, I'm not sure if I'm even going to want to make eye contact with my roomates. If I do talk to them there is a very large posibility that I would threaten them in some way.

I'm probably going to be known as the "Crazy Loner Guy"
fitzyp On December 23, 2014

Auckland, New Zealand
#2New Post! Jul 16, 2010 @ 07:38:03
Bah people who needs em.
soxgirl9 On August 04, 2011

, New Jersey
#3New Post! Jul 16, 2010 @ 08:13:26
If you're feeling depressed at all, I'd talk to a doctor ASAP, before next semester. This way, if anything is causing you depression, it can be treated now, rather than interfere with your schooling. The last thing you want is to be so numb inside that you can't even get out of bed, let alone get to class.

I'm only saying this because lack of a social-life and lack of motivation are big signs of depression. Seriously, I'd talk to a doctor before it gets any deeper....and your avatar isn't helping me to think otherwise. Talk to somebody.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jul 16, 2010 @ 10:27:53
Eye contact isn't everything- I never make eye contact with people. Like Soxgirl says,if you're worried about it then try seeing someone who might be able to help you feel a bit more confident.

To tell you the truth I'm terrified of the prospect of being the crazy loner girl when I start uni this autumn, but from what I hear it's kind of difficult NOT to make some friends.

Just try not to worry about it too much, I imagine you will not be the only one thinking like that.
Jomi On June 24, 2011

Deleted

Suffolk, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jul 16, 2010 @ 22:29:36
I think you should seek a support, before your next semester.
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#6New Post! Jul 19, 2010 @ 01:52:44
Joining clubs is a great way to meet friends. Let's you meet people easily, you already have a shared interest, tends to include the same "type" of person, group activities are arranged, etc. Then when you get close to people you can hang out outside of the club's activities in smaller groups if you like.
EdwardandBella On August 06, 2010

NYB, California
#7New Post! Aug 05, 2010 @ 06:15:06
@bloody__bug Said

I'm feeling very anti-Social, I'm not sure if I'm even going to want to make eye contact with my roomates. If I do talk to them there is a very large posibility that I would threaten them in some way.

I'm probably going to be known as the "Crazy Loner Guy"

Crazy loner guy, meet crazy longer girl.
I go to a community college so I don't live there but I have always lacked social skills and don't talk much and people around me don't much talk to me. So as a result I am pretty invisible. I have been going to this school for four years and have no friends there. I only have few friends whom I have known since Middle School and High School.

I intend on trying to improve this fall if I can get into this Public Speaking class I am wait listed on. I really don't want this class but I need it, so might as well get the damn thing over with. But if I do get in I plan to try to talk to people more. That's what you have to do.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs