News & Current Events

How A Grinch Stole Christmas

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Dec 23, 2015 @ 02:39:14
Quote:
Don't be caught wearing a Santa hat in Brunei unless you want to spend the next five years in prison. Hassanal Bolkiah, the sultan of the Muslim country on Borneo, has banned "the act of celebrating Christmas excessively and openly" for fear it could lead to "tasyabbuh (imitation) and unknowingly damage the aqidah (faith) of Muslims," the Ministry of Religious Affairs says,
Brunei's non-Muslims, who make up 32% of the population, are allowed to celebrate privately but need to first alert authorities.
They must also keep the festivities secret from Muslims.

https://www.newser.com/story/217920/how-a-grinch-sultan-stole-christmas.html?

It's difficult to imagine living some where that your outdoor x mas lights or being caught sharing a holiday story with someone would put you in prison for 5 years and cost $ 20,000.00 in fines .
Before you gathered around the table ,mouth watering from smelling the x-mas bird sitting here waiting to be craved , you would have to notify authorities or risk the afore mentioned prison term and fines.

n/a, New Mexico
#2New Post! Dec 23, 2015 @ 02:45:57
How can people like this sultan, not know, that actions /laws like this one, makes them look like scared little bully's on a power trip ?
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#3New Post! Dec 23, 2015 @ 16:32:02

n/a, New Mexico
#4New Post! Dec 23, 2015 @ 16:42:57
@mrmhead Said

This sorry a****** excuse for a human sultan, makes your Meister Burger look like Santa Clauses best buddy and right hand man,
ssnot_me On February 01, 2016

big D, Texas
#5New Post! Dec 23, 2015 @ 16:56:46
That is kinda funny.. in Islam Jesus is a prophet and held with high standing like Mohammad. But lets be honest, Christmas is really a Pagan holiday... so maybe that is why Mr Poopie pants does not want people celebrating it.

n/a, New Mexico
#6New Post! Dec 23, 2015 @ 17:21:48
@ssnot_me Said

That is kinda funny.. in Islam Jesus is a prophet and held with high standing like Mohammad. But lets be honest, Christmas is really a Pagan holiday... so maybe that is why Mr Poopie pants does not want people celebrating it.

That could be it. The article mentions that he << he sultan <<< fears the faith of the Muslins being tested or weakened or some such , by being exposed to Christmas celebrations. And that's why he has out lawed it .
It also says that about 32 % of the total population of his town is Christians who will be celebrating the holyday . If you ask me he 's kind'a been dragging is feet on finding a , for him , a workable solution on the topic .

I don't know if this is a bible quote or some if some plain ole every day human said itbut , , Oh Ye of little faith, seems to fit him to perfection , don't you think ?

big D, Texas
#7New Post! Dec 23, 2015 @ 17:33:40
@white_swan53 Said

That could be it. The article mentions that he << he sultan <<< fears the faith of the Muslins being tested or weakened or some such , by being exposed to Christmas celebrations. And that's why he has out lawed it .
It also says that about 32 % of the total population of his town is Christians who will be celebrating the holyday . If you ask me he 's kind'a been dragging is feet on finding a , for him , a workable solution on the topic .

I don't know if this is a bible quote or some if some plain ole every day human said itbut , , Oh Ye of little faith, seems to fit him to perfection , don't you think ?

Nothing like having faith in religion to keep a closed mind. Yup, this guy does not have 'faith' in his own religion to keep people suckered into it.

n/a, New Mexico
#8New Post! Dec 23, 2015 @ 17:35:47
@ssnot_me Said

Nothing like having faith in religion to keep a closed mind. Yup, this guy does not have 'faith' in his own religion to keep people suckered into it.

Forcing his 'protection ' of their faith on them .

big D, Texas
#9New Post! Dec 23, 2015 @ 17:40:17
@white_swan53 Said

Forcing his 'protection ' of their faith on them .

I am sure he is doing the 'right thing' for his people.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! Dec 23, 2015 @ 17:56:36
I guess live there is being jewish have a Chanukah bush in your front yard and window driedals, and menorah candles in the windows. it look good and cuties for the little ones.

probably in this place, either they love it and you be jail, too. it like ' the town hated Christmas ' cartoon sound right for this guy. who make the Grinch look like a pussycat.

I never understand what the big deal, things that happen in the middle east. I be a jewish, I don't agree what good or bad that happen in israel all time. I separate myself from the middle east, how I feel about my people over there. but I kind understand his view respecting his tradition. but he really hurt the kids their celebration an important holiday like Christmas.

where this place not like there is a much of santas going around the town give out presents to kids. I think is a better good concept for a town in the middle east to celebrate Christmas. have men dress up as santas. in some ways, it is sad that this happen at this time.

n/a, New Mexico
#11New Post! Dec 23, 2015 @ 19:52:01
@ssnot_me Said

I am sure he is doing the 'right thing' for his people.

I'm going to change that to , I'm sure in his head he figured he was acting with the best interests of the people at heart. Well, except for that 32 % of the population that he's afraid of .
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs