Forums: Health & Fitness:
Conditions & Diseases

Histronia Personality disorder

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
mirandamunch On April 15, 2008

Melbourne, Australia
#1New Post! Nov 10, 2006 @ 03:06:50
I'm a little worried because i have read about it and i cover alot of the symptons.......i talked to my mum but she thinks i'm just being overdramatic(being over dramatic is a symptom)
she won't listen...is there anything i can do?.....

sypmtons include:
-being uncomfortable when not centre of attention
- hypochondria
-being over dramatic
- doing anything even being violent to become centre of attention

thereare more but i forget....does anyone know anything about it?
kaneo76 On April 27, 2010

Deleted

Hazleton, Pennsylvania
#2New Post! Nov 10, 2006 @ 03:12:22
URL text https://www.mental-health-matters.com/disorders/dis_details.php?disID=48
brainfarmer On February 09, 2007

huddersfield, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Nov 10, 2006 @ 06:57:56
theres a whole slew of personality disorders and it can be misleading to diagnose yourself online because with both physical and mental conditions people can 'convince' themselves they have the condition.
im not sure how things are in oz but in the uk theres been a big debate about forcing people with personality disorders to have treatment including been held in a psychiatric hospital and you certainly dont want that.
discuss things with your family doctor and take things from there.
angeldelight On December 23, 2006

newcastle upon tyne, United Ki
#4New Post! Nov 25, 2006 @ 00:59:21
alot of menall illnesses cant actually be diagnosed by means of testing.they are usually done by the array of symptoms only...........and the only way to determine this is to treat present symptoms with medication to actually determine if this was the right diagnosos in the first place.

sounds a little complaicated but its quite a simple technique.and it does work..but also illiminates fraudsters (which does happen)
coldheartedloner On October 04, 2008

Fincastle, Virginia
#5New Post! Oct 30, 2007 @ 15:58:16
don't try to diagnose yourself online go see a doctor and have him/her test you for that disorder
doctormaitland On November 16, 2007

malaga, Spain
#6New Post! Nov 16, 2007 @ 03:13:41
you need to go and see your Doctor, ask for a relaxant Tamazapam might fit the bill but i dont know what other drugs you are on so see your doctor, we have noticed that hyperactivity and diet normally have a lot to do with your symptoms . So make a list of exactly what you eat each day then contact a dietician at your local hospital and ask if any of these foods can cause hyperactivity.Check this out first as you will be amazed how many people react like youself to different foods.
nula13d On January 15, 2009

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 21:56:11
i was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder which is similar so i can relate to you. i find rejection hard to cope with- if i think am being ignored i will go ballistic.
imhotep On November 18, 2009

St Dogmaels, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 21:57:57
Go see the Doctorrrrrrrrrrrr
svierge On January 24, 2011

minneapolis, Minnesota
#9New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 23:35:54
Stop with the self diagnosis already. You can read about every personality disorder known to the human race and have some of those characteristics. Even physicians know better than to diagnose themselves.

There's an old saying: the person who diagnoses himself has a fool for a doctor.

Stop scaring yourself. It's like I used to tell my kids--every headache is not a brain tumor, every bruise is not leukemia.

If I read up on my personality I'd have to diagnose myself as a bipolar neurotic obsessive compulsive paranoid schizophrenic with a passive aggressive borderline histrionic personality. Oh wait. That's what I wrote in my profile!

You're 17, for heaven's sake. Maybe you crave being the center of attention not because you have a serious personality disorder--perhaps you're just immature and need to grow up and figure a few things out about how life works in general.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs