Forums: Health & Fitness:
Alternative Medicine

Here we go

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#1New Post! Nov 18, 2014 @ 06:36:57
Ok, now that I have been through chemotherapy and radiation for treatment battling my bladder cancer, my oncologist set me up to get a Medical Marijuana card because the oxycodone schedule II narcotic I was prescribed had some nasty side effects. My insurance company covered the oxycodone no problem. When my doctor wrote a prescription for dronabinol my insurance company denied paying for them. I paid for them ($156 for 24 pills) I took one and 1 hour later I felt like I never had any treatment done. Now I'm finding out that marijuana can cure cancer.

Read this and this too . This may give you a whole new look on how the pharmaceutical companies don't want any cures. They want to treat your ailments so they can make money.

J.R.
Marcussextus On November 25, 2014

Adelaide, Australia
#2New Post! Nov 18, 2014 @ 07:27:09
Makes you wonder just how many potential cures for things they've got hidden away, doesn't it?

#3New Post! Nov 18, 2014 @ 08:00:19
@Marcussextus Said

Makes you wonder just how many potential cures for things they've got hidden away, doesn't it?

Oh my God, this alone should bring suspicion about the pharmaceutical companies and their hidden agenda(s) making money from people and their ailments. This is why there is SO much resistance displayed concerning hemp.

Here is more information

J.R.
Sifr On February 13, 2015

, India
#4New Post! Nov 18, 2014 @ 10:06:45
It was a long time ago that I read that there was a cure/antidote for one specific disease (I think its some kind of poisoning) but the disease is so rare that manufacturing the medicine would not be cost-effective. In other words no profit. So no medicine for a perfectly treatable ailment.
In a profit driven world, everything, including life, is measured in dollars.
It is surprising to have to remind people that the medical profession and pharmaceutical companies are essentially businesses. They are more interested in making money than alleviating suffering. Their deeds, even if noble in appearance, are just means to an end, a dollar end.
puzZles On November 13, 2020

Inside my mind's mind, United
#5New Post! Nov 20, 2014 @ 06:48:32
Yes I've heard similar talk and I believe it! Quite appalling and shameful; "businesses" or not.
Marcussextus On November 25, 2014

Adelaide, Australia
#6New Post! Nov 20, 2014 @ 08:48:46
Quite apart from cures is the question of efficacy, Big Pharma will always go for the most profitable option, irrespective of whether it's particularly effective or the best available.
Another thing is their costings. They have labs and production facilities that handle the vast majority of their production, yet the costs are determined with each medicine as if those were set up for each one exclusively, it's a complete rip-off.
Also, when any researcher develops a new treatment Big Pharma buys it, then proceeds to add the entire costs of that research to their costings, plus various management, administration and "handling" charges, all completely unjustifiable since they didn't pay for any of it, it's all complete profit for them.
It's enough to make you sick, pardon the pun.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#7New Post! Nov 20, 2014 @ 18:48:25
First, my sympathy on your condition dude. I hope the treatment goes well...

Given the option, I would rather rely for a lot of my medical aid on things I can easily grow myself, use at my discretion under my own control, and that have few if any major side effects, than rely on some manufactured little pill that has all kinds of serious side effects, and that places my health outside of my own hands. Sadly though, that option is illegal.

I am not sure, but I suspect that somewhere along the line, a lot of corrupt activity took place to bring this about.

#8New Post! Nov 21, 2014 @ 05:47:58
Well, I had the "port" removed today and I wish I would've NEVER had that chemotherapy done. Most foods have a metallic after taste, my plumbing is still on it's own schedule, I get leg cramps about and hour before I wake up, my libido is non existent and I'm running at about a 60% energy level. January 8th they are going to do a final Cystoscopy to see how my treatment went. NO MATTER what they find, I AM DONE with any treatment THEY want to do.

J.R.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs