The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Random

Have you ever been in someones house and thought OMG what a mess??

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
scardycat On May 17, 2014

, Australia
#1New Post! Jul 04, 2012 @ 13:49:23
Have you ever walked into someones house and thought OMG. I have a really good friend dont get me wrong shes a good person but shes a pig. I went to visit her one day when we first became friends and serously you couldnt get into her front door because of the rubbish that was in her house. It was just above the ankle. There was old pizza boxes, papers, food, solf drink bottles f*** knows what else was there it was off. Theres no excuse really she doesnt work its just because she cant be f***ed cleaning up. A few of us decided no forced her to clean it up. It took 4 of us 3hrs to clean it. We filled 3 large wheelie bins with rubbish. Its a 2 bedroom apartment. Yes we wore rubber gloves. You dont want to know what else we found under that mess. yuck. We are still friends but I dont go round there anymore as Ive been told its gone back to the way it was.How can she live like that? and how she doesnt get sick from whats growing under that mess has got me beat.

wednesday76 On February 25, 2013

Dodging the Daggers, United Ki
#2New Post! Jul 04, 2012 @ 13:54:51
I am a bit OTT on being house proud.
By no means have i got fancy things/fancy furniture etc but i am a little like Monica of Friends when it comes to cleaning.
I would never let anyone through the door unless everything is clean...my kids laugh at me because even when a man came to fix my boiler i had to scrub the house. (anal much?)

I always feel depressed if i am surrounded by mess.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jul 04, 2012 @ 14:11:50
Nope. My house is a bit messy so I can't really judge anyone else's. Besides which, as a student I don't exactly have high standards as it is.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#4New Post! Jul 04, 2012 @ 14:21:30
I clean my place once a week whether it needs it or not .

Well if things get busy and we are out with the live stock a lot, then it dosen't get cleaned but 3 times a month whether it needs it or not.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#5New Post! Jul 04, 2012 @ 14:24:39
Someone can walk into my house at any time, any day and its always 100% neat and tidy. I dislike a great deal a mess.

However, not all are like me so if I go somewhere and its a bit of a mess, not a big deal. But its dirty homes that get me. I have been to homes are not messy, they are dirty. I feared even sitting down.

Mess to me is forgetting to put your dishes away, leaving shoes in the hall etc. Dirty to me is grime on the walls, food particles on the walls, grime on the toilet, etc.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#6New Post! Jul 04, 2012 @ 14:32:30
Yes. One of my neighbors. They could be on "Hoarders". It's just gross.

n/a, New Mexico
#7New Post! Jul 04, 2012 @ 14:33:09
@DorkySupergirl Said

Someone can walk into my house at any time, any day and its always 100% neat and tidy. I dislike a great deal a mess.

However, not all are like me so if I go somewhere and its a bit of a mess, not a big deal. But its dirty homes that get me. I have been to homes are not messy, they are dirty. I feared even sitting down.

Mess to me is forgetting to put your dishes away, leaving shoes in the hall etc. Dirty to me is grime on the walls, food particles on the walls, grime on the toilet, etc.

What this 'putting dishes away ' ?
Is that some sort of new thing ?
Oh no, you would never find shoes in my hall. We never make as far as the hall before the shoes come off and lay just where they land ,until next time they are needed .
Magically Delicious

#8New Post! Jul 04, 2012 @ 14:37:21
@wednesday76 Said

I am a bit OTT on being house proud.
By no means have i got fancy things/fancy furniture etc but i am a little like Monica of Friends when it comes to cleaning.
I would never let anyone through the door unless everything is clean...my kids laugh at me because even when a man came to fix my boiler i had to scrub the house. (anal much?)

I always feel depressed if i am surrounded by mess.

Very similar. I get grouchy if there is clutter. Oh a little bit - like a stack of bills on the dining room table or components of a current project - doesn't bother me. But even then those are stacked neatly or organized into a tidy pile.

If I have company coming over I will run the vacuum, dust and clean the bathrooms as well as generally declutter any errant items. I absolutely will not let a guest use a bathroom that isn't clean. (And I hate using a bathroom that isn't clean - if it's too bad I'll hold it.)

My father is an absolute neat freak. I'm not that bad but I won't let others come into my home and see a mess.
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#9New Post! Jul 04, 2012 @ 14:38:07
@scardycat Said

Have you ever walked into someones house and thought OMG. I have a really good friend dont get me wrong shes a good person but shes a pig. I went to visit her one day when we first became friends and serously you couldnt get into her front door because of the rubbish that was in her house. It was just above the ankle. There was old pizza boxes, papers, food, solf drink bottles f*** knows what else was there it was off. Theres no excuse really she doesnt work its just because she cant be f***ed cleaning up. A few of us decided no forced her to clean it up. It took 4 of us 3hrs to clean it. We filled 3 large wheelie bins with rubbish. Its a 2 bedroom apartment. Yes we wore rubber gloves. You dont want to know what else we found under that mess. yuck. We are still friends but I dont go round there anymore as Ive been told its gone back to the way it was.How can she live like that? and how she doesnt get sick from whats growing under that mess has got me beat.

Yep certainly have,my brother in law's place,doesn't matter what time of the year you go there,there's flies in the house and to describe the place as a s*** house is an insult to a s*** house.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#10New Post! Jul 04, 2012 @ 14:40:56
I have a messy house. When I see other people's messy houses, I think, "Hey I don't feel so bad about my house."

Let me clarify...my house has stuff everywhere. It's not dirty but it's overly cluttered and haphazard. Filth actually does bother me, especially when the kids are filthy.
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#11New Post! Jul 04, 2012 @ 14:51:28
A couple we know, their place is like that. If it wasn't for the husband, it would be totally disgusting.

The wife rarely leaves the house and sits on the computer all day.

They have two kids, two dogs(they did have 3 at one time), a handful of caged pets and two lizards. They did have cats, but they would come and go and then one day never came back.

Their back yard is a right-off due to the dogs.

We don't go their for visits(and we live about 15 houses apart). We invite them here, but it's just the husband and the kids that come over, since she's a fat, lazy so and so and doesn't leave the house unless she is going to the store to buy something for herself.

n/a, New Mexico
#12New Post! Jul 04, 2012 @ 15:05:24
I have an uncle who's idea of cleaning up after a puppy that isn't house broke, is to use a scoop shovel to scoop the poop and tose it over at the growing pile .
I haven't been in his house in over 5 years .
He lives alone ( go figure) and has lived in the house he is in now since his parents passed away in the early 199o's, he has never cleaned the frige, the bathroom, or washed a dish. The roof in his kitchen started leaking a few years ago , and he figured out a good way to clean the dishes , he took and put a half barrel ( one we use to feed the livestock in the pens out of) under the leak and tossed all his dishes into the water from the leak.
His bed sheets haven't been changed , ever .
Magically Delicious

#13New Post! Jul 04, 2012 @ 15:13:45
@white_swan53 Said

I have an uncle who's idea of cleaning up after a puppy that isn't house broke, is to use a scoop shovel to scoop the poop and tose it over at the growing pile .
I haven't been in his house in over 5 years .
He lives alone ( go figure) and has lived in the house he is in now since his parents passed away in the early 199o's, he has never cleaned the frige, the bathroom, or washed a dish. The roof in his kitchen started leaking a few years ago , and he figured out a good way to clean the dishes , he took and put a half barrel ( one we use to feed the livestock in the pens out of) under the leak and tossed all his dishes into the water from the leak.
His bed sheets haven't been changed , ever .

Your uncle doesn't sound... well, mentally sound.
rosexthorn On July 30, 2022

Winnipeg, Canada
#14New Post! Jul 04, 2012 @ 15:17:26
To be honest, I've never really noticed messes in someone's house until it's pointed out or I find I'm sitting on something undefinable and moldy. I usually go visit the person not the state of the house.

n/a, New Mexico
#15New Post! Jul 04, 2012 @ 15:18:46
@LuckyCharms Said

Your uncle doesn't sound... well, mentally sound.

In the book that has our family tree , he's listed under
' blooming idiot' .
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs