The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Relationships:
Homosexuality

Gay Pride London 1972 -2012. 40 Years Of Gay Liberation.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jul 07, 2012 @ 03:56:33
July 1972 - July 2012. Veterans of the first ever London Gay Pride march in 1972 to lead the parade celebrating 40 years of Gay Pride in the United Kingdom. Starts at Portman Square at 11am.

Uploaded at ImageFra.me

The first ever London Pride was attended by activist, writer and journalist Peter Tatchell who has long been a thorn in the establishment's side. He wrote an article in Boyz Magazine in 2009 about that landmark day in 1972. He will be one of those in the lead at today's Pride.

https://www.petertatchell.net/lgbt_rights/history/britainsfirstgaypridemarch1972.htm

ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#2New Post! Jul 07, 2012 @ 07:17:27
@Jennifer1984 Said

July 1972 - July 2012. Veterans of the first ever London Gay Pride march in 1972 to lead the parade celebrating 40 years of Gay Pride in the United Kingdom. Starts at Portman Square at 11am.

Uploaded at ImageFra.me

The first ever London Pride was attended by activist, writer and journalist Peter Tatchell who has long been a thorn in the establishment's side. He wrote an article in Boyz Magazine in 2009 about that landmark day in 1972. He will be one of those in the lead at today's Pride.

https://www.petertatchell.net/lgbt_rights/history/britainsfirstgaypridemarch1972.htm

Oh just goody goody. When are gays gonna learn that, except for a*****es who hate everybody including themselves, nobody cares. Yeah, I know, straight liberals SAY they care, but they really could care even less.
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jul 07, 2012 @ 07:33:23
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Oh just goody goody. When are gays gonna learn that, except for a*****es who hate everybody including themselves, nobody cares. Yeah, I know, straight liberals SAY they care, but they really could care even less.

Well, you obviously cared enough to tell me that you don't care. Who would do that if they really didn't care..?

Thank you for caring.

wednesday76 On February 25, 2013

Dodging the Daggers, United Ki
#4New Post! Jul 07, 2012 @ 07:46:18
I have always wanted to take part in one of these....but i find it has become so commercialized that it has lost its real meaning..

Would still be a fantastic event!!
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#5New Post! Jul 07, 2012 @ 07:47:33
@Jennifer1984 Said

Well, you obviously cared enough to tell me that you don't care. Who would do that if they really didn't care..?

Thank you for caring.

If I cared, I'd say you were right.

Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#6New Post! Jul 07, 2012 @ 07:51:55
@wednesday76 Said

I have always wanted to take part in one of these....but i find it has become so commercialized that it has lost its real meaning..

As fantastic as your avatar no doubt. Man, I've seen some dumb s***s in my time, but that s*** takes the cake, er, pie.
wednesday76 On February 25, 2013

Dodging the Daggers, United Ki
#7New Post! Jul 07, 2012 @ 07:54:00
@ThePainefulTruth Said

As fantastic as your avatar no doubt. Man, I've seen some dumb s*** in my time, but that s*** takes the cake, er, pie.

care to elaborate?
Or are you just having a bad day?
xLETHAL_VIXENx On January 22, 2015
Logical Alien

Your pants, United States (gen
#8New Post! Jul 07, 2012 @ 08:06:21
When I was a child, there were more important things to worry about. Such as the Gulf war.... Come the f*** on! First it was the left handers, then it was the red haired people, then it was the blacks, let's not forget the japs and Irish, now it's the homosexuals. Is America scared of change and difference? America is f***ing ignorant, racist, and stupid. I dreamed of living a free life because my mother said that's what America was for. We are not living a free life, we are living an abomination. I say abomination because to me, stopping different people from having rights is an abomination in my book of LOGIC, REASON, AND LOVE!
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Jul 07, 2012 @ 08:15:14
@ThePainefulTruth Said

If I cared, I'd say you were right. [img]

You miss the point. If you were to read the article by Peter Tatchell you'd see what gays had to put up with 40 years ago. If you compare that to what we have now, you'll see the enormous relevance of what Gay Pride has achieved. I think we're entitled to celebrate that on a landmark anniversary and I also think it's worthy of comment..... especially on a message board site titled: "Homosexuality".

Presuming you're heterosexual yourself, it's disappointing that you fail to understand that simple concept.

As for nobody cares, well, if you care so little about homosexual rights and liberties, why bother posting on the homosexual board in the first place..? Would you not be less annoyed if you simply ignored the subject altogether..?

xLETHAL_VIXENx On January 22, 2015
Logical Alien

Your pants, United States (gen
#10New Post! Jul 07, 2012 @ 08:20:25
You know what? I've come to an conclusion. Heterosexuals are disgustingly unappreciative.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Jul 07, 2012 @ 08:32:19
Going to a gay wedding today (well civil partnership technically...), seems appropriate.
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Jul 07, 2012 @ 08:52:14
@jmo Said

Going to a gay wedding today (well civil partnership technically...), seems appropriate.

Have a good day. Give all our best to the happy couple.

MAW On October 31, 2012

Deleted

Stockport, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Jul 07, 2012 @ 09:03:49
@wednesday76 Said

Like everything else, the rich gays will make a profit out of the poor gays. Bit like the straight world!
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#14New Post! Jul 07, 2012 @ 09:35:26
@wednesday76 Said

care to elaborate?
Or are you just having a bad day?

Am I seeing a different avatar from what you put up?

@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

We are not living a free life, we are living an abomination. I say abomination because to me, stopping different people from having rights is an abomination in my book of LOGIC, REASON, AND LOVE!

How did you use your logic reason and love to conclude I was advocating stopping anyone from having their rights? I'm not scared of difference. I do my best to ignore physical differences, and I've spent a lot of my life advocating colorblindness, but liberals keep bringing them up, I think because they must really enjoy their hate--you sure seem to when it comes to America.

@Jennifer1984 Said

You miss the point. If you were to read the article by Peter Tatchell you'd see what gays had to put up with 40 years ago. If you compare that to what we have now, you'll see the enormous relevance of what Gay Pride has achieved. I think we're entitled to celebrate that on a landmark anniversary and I also think it's worthy of comment..... especially on a message board site titled: "Homosexuality".

Presuming you're heterosexual yourself, it's disappointing that you fail to understand that simple concept.

As for nobody cares, well, if you care so little about homosexual rights and liberties, why bother posting on the homosexual board in the first place..? Would you not be less annoyed if you simply ignored the subject altogether..?

I care about gay rights, just not gay "pride" parades put on for the benefit of heteros. If they really wanted to accomplish something they'd parade through Muslim neighborhoods--but that would highlight the contradictions of two liberal causes.

@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

You know what? I've come to an conclusion. Heterosexuals are disgustingly unappreciative.

That's pretty much what I said, we only disagree on what's disgusting, and, well, the hateful undertone there. You sound like the heteros you're condemning.
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#15New Post! Jul 07, 2012 @ 09:39:48
@MAW Said

Like everything else, the rich gays will make a profit out of the poor gays. Bit like the straight world!

Well! Now we've heard from the communist neck of the woods. I think the only ones left are the nudists.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs