The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Relationships

Feels like love, but why the hesitation?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#1New Post! Mar 06, 2009 @ 00:37:03
So I'm pretty sure I'm in love with my best friend, Nick. I can't stop thinking abouth im, and I know deeeeeeep down there's a romantic side of him.

But then again, he doesn't show the capacity to say 'I love you'. It would feel so weird to hear him say that, he's a funny guy who I've never really seen angry or sad. But I guess that's just him being a guy.

I'm afraid to make a move though, because he's my best friend and I don't want things to get awkward between us if he says no or things don't work out. That's why I was thinking about asking him out when school lets out for summer vacation, that way is it doesn't go well or he says no, I won't have to face him 3rd period every morning.

But what do you say to someone when they say no when you ask them out? How do I brush it off and keep things at a slim to none on the "Awkward Scale" afterward?

I thought I knew better after what happened with my ex, Caleb. We were friends for 4 years before we back came a couple and after a year and a helf of dating, we're on unstable/awkward terms.

I really don't want that to happen between Nick and I.

SO should I just leave it alone and just mark him off limits? And if I ask him out and he says no, how do I/what do I say to play it off and make it not awkward and we continue our friendship as it was before (at least as good as it can get?)

Sorry for writing a book, lol.
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#2New Post! Mar 06, 2009 @ 00:43:25
Well if he says no, just tell him you understand, and there's no hard feelings; and that it hasn't changed your views of him as a friend.
(Do NOT show any discomfort)..good luck.
Carly's Mommy

#3New Post! Mar 06, 2009 @ 00:45:58
@loveis Said

Well if he says no, just tell him you understand, and there's no hard feelings; and that it hasn't changed your views of him as a friend.
(Do NOT show any discomfort)..good luck.

Thank you.
So if I say: would you want to go out?
And he says: No (or something around that)
I'll say: Okay, I understand. (and just smile)?

I think that will work, do you think I should do it sooner or later? Or what?
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#4New Post! Mar 06, 2009 @ 00:50:46
@Kristy69 Said

Thank you.
So if I say: would you want to go out?
And he says: No (or something around that)
I'll say: Okay, I understand. (and just smile)?

I think that will work, do you think I should do it sooner or later? Or what?

Yeah, basically just like that; don't forget to add the bit though about it not changing your views on him as a friend..((it's at the same time suggestive that he do the same )..

As far as "when"..that's up to you, when you are comfortable enough I'd think would be best...but I know if I waited too long, it woud make me more nervous.lol
Heath3r On February 21, 2010

Somewhere Sunny, California
#5New Post! Mar 06, 2009 @ 00:51:38
ya i think you should just ask him out like...hey im not doing anything saturday..wanna make it a date and go see a movie?

something where it might get into his mind oooo she likes me too cause maybe he feels the same way you do. but then there is always that thing that my brothers tell me...if he likes you youll know it.

apparently im not the right person for advice haha try flirting with him a little more....

hope i helped a little....
Carly's Mommy

#6New Post! Mar 06, 2009 @ 01:04:20
@Heath3r Said

ya i think you should just ask him out like...hey im not doing anything saturday..wanna make it a date and go see a movie?

something where it might get into his mind oooo she likes me too cause maybe he feels the same way you do. but then there is always that thing that my brothers tell me...if he likes you youll know it.

apparently im not the right person for advice haha try flirting with him a little more....

hope i helped a little....

I give off so many clues! I told him I was going to bring him to my house to force him to watch these videos I sent him, and he didn't object. I asked him if he wanted to hang out over spring break, he said maybe.

I touch his back and hands sometimes and he doesn't crings or pull away.

I'm confused.

I think he does like me, but Idk.
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#7New Post! Mar 06, 2009 @ 01:11:49
@Kristy69 Said

I give off so many clues! I told him I was going to bring him to my house to force him to watch these videos I sent him, and he didn't object. I asked him if he wanted to hang out over spring break, he said maybe.

I touch his back and hands sometimes and he doesn't crings or pull away.

I'm confused.

I think he does like me, but Idk.

Sounds like he likes you too, and you're both afraid to make the first move and possibly put the friendship in jeopardy.
adlawrence On June 30, 2011

Eastern, North Carolina
#8New Post! Mar 06, 2009 @ 01:52:57
Liking your best friend is a very difficult thing... I've been there...twice. The first one asked me out and we dated for three weeks, had a nasty break up, and didn't talk for a year. The other- I never acted upon it and I'm glad, bc if something had happened and it ended up badly I would be completely lost.

If you really like him then ask him out, or at least talk to him about it, hopefully he will feel the same!
bobthebuilder On March 03, 2010

breezy point, Minnesota
#9New Post! Mar 06, 2009 @ 02:22:23
dont make the same mistake i did when i was young. you should ask him right away. if you dont, what if someone else scoops him up? it could be hes also afraid to make the first move because hes afraid of rejection or doesnt want it to effect your friendship. hope this helps and i wish you the best of luck!
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#10New Post! Mar 06, 2009 @ 03:33:14
Ehh i would straight out tell him.

If you really have real feelings for this guy, I would take a chance and ask him.

There is no guarantee to things becoming awkward or not...but if he doesn't feel the same way and says no...just brush it off...you have confidence and sass...so if he says no...i would prob say something like "yeah well its only a crush...damn your good looks...i'll get over it...i can't stand your humor anyways.." laugh, sort kick him silly, grab his arm and start walking somehwere and just act as friends.

Remember humiliation only lasts a couple seconds...plus if he says no, awkwardness only lasts for bit before you get back to being friends.

You can go out...and it be exactly what you want..or it could not work out...but you tried...and even though it may be awkward once you breakup...(its always a little awkward) there's also a good kinda awkward there sometimes...a mutual respect or something.
SofiaAllen09 On April 24, 2009

Las Vegas, California
#11New Post! Mar 06, 2009 @ 19:34:13
just tell him what you feel and hope that he feels the same way you do..
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs