The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Random

False things that other countries hear about Aussies lol....

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#46New Post! Jul 23, 2012 @ 01:43:58
@restoreone Said

wow a collectors item cool

OK now tell us something that few outside of Aussie land know

Like what?? what would you like to know about?
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#47New Post! Jul 23, 2012 @ 01:44:10
@Demented Said

In the area I live in we do still sometimes come across the odd Roo,but the population is getting to much for them now,plus this may sound cruel,but they are being poisoned off to make way for suburbia.
Your probably thinking now "why not catch them and let them go in the wild",that would be good if it was an easy excercise but a roo can hop up to 35 mph when chased ,Jump over a 6 foot fence with ease,it's far easier to and safer to poison them off.

Usually you see them on out on the highways or Open roads as we refer to them between cities,Deer don't like being out in the open,as you know so they stay in certain pockets of the country where there's good water and food for them, and as you mentioned, someone's garden nearby .

Emu's? we don't see all that often,very rarely to be honest,they are mainly way outside the city's in remote areas and unless your driving out there chances are you still won't see one.

we have the same problem here with deer. There are sharp shooter companies all they do is go city to city shooting deer. they give the meat to the homeless

, Ohio
#48New Post! Jul 23, 2012 @ 01:45:11
@Demented Said

Like what?? what would you like to know about?

What would be one place a tourist would go that most don't?

, Ohio
#49New Post! Jul 23, 2012 @ 01:48:34
@townie_guy Said

Due to strange sexual tendancies, the modern day Aussie is half human and half kangeroo

Aussie can jump all they want. Note she now has 10 million hits in just 4 days.What a great smile and what a great fun way to get ready for a race,

townie_guy On May 07, 2013

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#50New Post! Jul 23, 2012 @ 01:50:38
@restoreone Said

Aussie can jump all they want. Note she now has 10 million hits in just 4 days.What a great smile and what a great fun way to get ready for a race,

I thought all Aussie women were just called Shelia.

, Australia
#51New Post! Jul 23, 2012 @ 02:10:58
@restoreone Said

we have the same problem here with deer. There are sharp shooter companies all they do is go city to city shooting deer. they give the meat to the homeless

When we've had a lot of rain and the Roo's become plague proportions,they have a cull on them and like you say ,they get professionals to do the shooting.

The meat as I described last night is strong to the taste and has to be cooked a special way to make it edible,but mostly it just used for Dog Food,and even then has to be cooked for the Dog because it's riddled with worms.

The thing about Kangaroo's that a lot of people outside Australia don't know is that a Female Roo ,when there's plenty of food around,is constantly pregnant.
They can have three babies (Joey's as they are known) going all at the same time,one in the womb,one very tiny and stuck on a nipple and the bigger Joey that can fend for itself but still needs Mum's pouch to climb into for safety.

, Ohio
#52New Post! Jul 23, 2012 @ 02:14:14
@Demented Said

When we've had a lot of rain and the Roo's become plague proportions,they have a cull on them and like you say ,they get professionals to do the shooting.

The meat as I described last night is strong to the taste and has to be cooked a special way to make it edible,but mostly it just used for Dog Food,and even then has to be cooked for the Dog because it's riddled with worms.

The thing about Kangaroo's that a lot of people outside Australia don't know is that a Female Roo ,when there's plenty of food around,is constantly pregnant.
They can have three babies (Joey's as they are known) going all at the same time,one in the womb,one very tiny and stuck on a nipple and the bigger Joey that can fend for itself but still needs Mum's pouch to climb into for safety.

wow now that is something I did not know about.Can they use the hide for anything like clothing?

, Australia
#53New Post! Jul 23, 2012 @ 02:19:10
@restoreone Said

What would be one place a tourist would go that most don't?

That's a hard question,it all depends on what the tourist wants to see.
My wife and I went over to Hawaii in 99,we hired a car and just drove around the island of Oahu ,yeah we did the tourist thing but then went into places that tourists wouldn't normally go,like suburban shopping centers ,we had a great time just talking to people and meeting people,actually I'll say the hospitality we were shown was brilliant .

, Australia
#54New Post! Jul 23, 2012 @ 02:21:05
@restoreone Said

wow now that is something I did not know about.Can they use the hide for anything like clothing?

I suppose so,never thought about that much must be usefull for something.

, Ohio
#55New Post! Jul 23, 2012 @ 02:25:13
@Demented Said

That's a hard question,it all depends on what the tourist wants to see.
My wife and I went over to Hawaii in 99,we hired a car and just drove around the island of Oahu ,yeah we did the tourist thing but then went into places that tourists wouldn't normally go,like suburban shopping centers ,we had a great time just talking to people and meeting people,actually I'll say the hospitality we were shown was brilliant .

me and my boys like action adventure.Remember i jump out of planes ride Harley s

next time you go to Hawaii try the Big Island I found it to be better.

less tourist The other Islands can be a little more expensive.

, Australia
#56New Post! Jul 23, 2012 @ 02:34:59
@restoreone Said

me and my boys like action adventure.Remember i jump out of planes ride Harley s

next time you go to Hawaii try the Big Island I found it to be better.

less tourist The other Islands can be a little more expensive.

Jumping out of planes,yep that can be arranged for you here,there are places here where you can Hire bikes,so it you want real adventure you can hire a Harley and try your luck on our roads,"but NOT in a city",city drivers tend to be one of two kinds Brain Dead of Aggressive.

The Brain Dead's have no idea why they're out there or what they are doing and the Aggressive one's are the one's trying to earn a living.

The chances of me going to Hawaii again are very slim these days,but if I did it would be the Big Island,but due to a heart condition I wouldn't go near the Vulcano,it something to do with the smell of sulphur.

, Ohio
#57New Post! Jul 23, 2012 @ 02:39:37
@Demented Said

Jumping out of planes,yep that can be arranged for you here,there are places here where you can Hire bikes,so it you want real adventure you can hire a Harley and try your luck on our roads,"but NOT in a city",city drivers tend to be one of two kinds Brain Dead of Aggressive.

The Brain Dead's have no idea why they're out there or what they are doing and the Aggressive one's are the one's trying to earn a living.

ok now what do think is the most beautiful place in Australia

Here in the USA I would have to say the Grand Canyon

, Australia
#58New Post! Jul 23, 2012 @ 02:52:37
@restoreone Said

ok now what do think is the most beautiful place in Australia

Here in the USA I would have to say the Grand Canyon

Anywhere out of Sydney is my first thought I hate the place but I'm stuck here like a stick in the mud .

You like asking hard questions don't you but honestly it all comes down to what we feel as being beautiful.
We have some of the best beaches in the world,you could stand on a cliff and look across the open country or down into the valley's,I suppose I should ask you this question then.

What would you like to see and do while here,besides jump out of a plane or ride a Harley?what tickles your fancy???
Jordicans On October 05, 2017

Alstonville, Australia
#59New Post! Jul 23, 2012 @ 11:06:45
I used to eat roo sandwiches when I was younger, I have to admit I learned to hate them after a while. I like the taste but the gaminess is what I ended up not liking.

I live near Ballina in New South Wales and we have a lot of wallabies around (small roo) they hop onto the rural roads sometimes but you never see them in the actual towns etc.

We have a few bigger ones around too but you rarely see them. I was told once that there are more roo's in Australian than people- not sure if that is true though?

Koala's are not bears! just putting it out there. It's true they aren't! We have a family of Koalas in the native gums around our house and I've recently just started hearing the mating call, which is odd for this time of year (winter). Look the koala's mating call up on youtube! When I first moved here I was so scared, then when I was told it was the koala's mating call I was like WTF are you serious? lol
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#60New Post! Jul 23, 2012 @ 11:13:14
The men have big..........er..........feet!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs