Politics

Expenses body to cost six times more than MPs' payback

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Feb 11, 2010 @ 12:48:23
The parliamentary body for policing expenses will cost about six times as much to set up as MPs have been ordered to repay.

Figures show the start-up cost for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority will be ?6.6m.

Last week, MPs were told to pay back ?1.12m of their second home expenses after an audit of their claims dating back to 2004 by Sir Thomas Legg.

Meanwhile, three MPs and a Tory peer are facing charges over their expenses.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8509815.stm

Typical.
KAMPA On October 28, 2013
Admiral Karl Donuts

Uhlan Bator, Mongolia
#2New Post! Feb 11, 2010 @ 13:00:13
It shows that tax payers are screwed in every possible way,just as they are in the USA! And that it is pervasive and all inclusive!
Marcussextus On November 25, 2014

Adelaide, Australia
#3New Post! Feb 11, 2010 @ 13:06:16
Sir Humphrey RULES, OK?

My sister was paid by the Social Services to pack up and move to Canberra to head a training department, they covered all costs including those associated with selling her home and buying a new one there, gave her a whole floor with studios and offices, fully equipped, then cancelled the staffing!
She sat there alone for a year, doing nothing, merely filling in an online form once a month to declare her presence, despite all her attempts to get something done about the situation.
She was eventually offered an incredibly generous package to retire, way beyond the norm, so she took the money and ran, secrecy provisions and all.
fitzyp On December 23, 2014

Auckland, New Zealand
#4New Post! Feb 12, 2010 @ 10:39:19
Yeah but its not really about the money itself, is it? Its about the principle that the politicians who were defrauding the British taxpayer should be made to pay the money back.
claudibeee On July 06, 2014
Pagan and proud

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Feb 12, 2010 @ 10:41:04
I really love living in this country. Something new and exciting happens every day.
retep On May 18, 2010

, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Feb 12, 2010 @ 11:21:08
@SparklyKatie Said

The parliamentary body for policing expenses will cost about six times as much to set up as MPs have been ordered to repay.

Figures show the start-up cost for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority will be ?6.6m.

Last week, MPs were told to pay back ?1.12m of their second home expenses after an audit of their claims dating back to 2004 by Sir Thomas Legg.

Meanwhile, three MPs and a Tory peer are facing charges over their expenses.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8509815.stm

Typical.

Wonder why you mention the political affiliation of the peer and omit to point out that the three MPs are members of the Labour party ?

Whatever party these thieves belong to is irrelevant I think a lot more of them should be in court, and that includes conservatives and Lib dems...anyone that had fiddled expenses from an employer the way these spivs did from the tax payer would have been liable to charges of fraud and theft...most of these crooks are getting away with it.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Feb 12, 2010 @ 11:28:18
@retep Said

Wonder why you mention the political affiliation of the peer and omit to point out that the three MPs are members of the Labour party ?

Whatever party these thieves belong to is irrelevant I think a lot more of them should be in court, and that includes conservatives and Lib dems...anyone that had fiddled expenses from an employer the way these spivs did from the tax payer would have been liable to charges of fraud and theft...most of these crooks are getting away with it.

Maybe because I was quoting from the article. I thought that would be obvious if you clicked the link and read it.
retep On May 18, 2010

, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Feb 12, 2010 @ 11:59:52
@SparklyKatie Said

Maybe because I was quoting from the article. I thought that would be obvious if you clicked the link and read it.

Course..... The Bolshevik Broadcasting Corporation silly of me to miss that.... maybe its because one woukd expect them to report the fact that the MPs are Labour if they are reporting the peer is Conservative.

I forget sometimes the brave new world we are living in....I still remember when the BBC was A political.
MonkeyMadness On April 08, 2015
Lord of your mum

Big Tree, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Feb 27, 2010 @ 10:02:04
@fitzyp Said

Yeah but its not really about the money itself, is it? Its about the principle that the politicians who were defrauding the British taxpayer should be made to pay the money back.

Exactly, the alternative would be them getting away with it, then people would be even more critical.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs