The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Health & Fitness:
Mental Health

Do you suffer from a mental illness? Does it embarrass you?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
fluffymetal On May 17, 2010

Corpus Christi, Texas
#1New Post! Mar 23, 2010 @ 23:26:22
I'm bipolar, suffer severely from major depression, ADHD, and I have Borderline Personality disorder. I'm one f***ed up b****!
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#2New Post! Mar 23, 2010 @ 23:27:32
@fluffymetal Said

I'm bipolar, suffer severely from major depression, ADHD, and I have Borderline Personality disorder. I'm one f***ed up b****!

You should fit in nicely here.
Wellard On April 29, 2012
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#3New Post! Mar 23, 2010 @ 23:29:57
Do you really think that people are going to disclose personal information about themselves on your other thread about recovery after they have seen this thread?.
fluffymetal On May 17, 2010

Corpus Christi, Texas
#4New Post! Mar 23, 2010 @ 23:40:47
You don't have to disclose anything you don't want to. Sometimes mental illness and drug abuse or other forms of abuse go hand in hand. Don't really get what you're trying to say, unless your just trying to be rude.
JorieJukebox On April 24, 2024

Right Here, Not There,
#5New Post! Mar 23, 2010 @ 23:41:29
@Wellard Said

Do you really think that people are going to disclose personal information about themselves on your other thread about recovery after they have seen this thread?.

Yeah because the people we DO disclose it to are the sanest in the world.

I posted this quite a while ago:
My "mental" experience
Barbarella On April 11, 2010

Banned

, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Mar 23, 2010 @ 23:44:57
@fluffymetal Said

Certain members are just gonna LOVE you as one of their own!
Knitter01 On January 21, 2018

#7New Post! Mar 24, 2010 @ 00:38:01
I have asthma...
Wellard On April 29, 2012
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#8New Post! Mar 24, 2010 @ 08:46:27
@fluffymetal Said

You don't have to disclose anything you don't want to. Sometimes mental illness and drug abuse or other forms of abuse go hand in hand. Don't really get what you're trying to say, unless your just trying to be rude.

True, yes mental illness and drug abuse can go hand in hand,and yes I was trying to be rude in a way.

What I found a little bit strange was the fact that someone joins a forum and in their first 3 threads asks people to share their personal experiences whilst at the same time making another thread saying 'I'm one f***ed up b****'.

For some people in recovery or who has past problems with addictions or who are wanting to kick their addiction/s,opening up and confiding in others can be hard.

I do not think that you meant anything bad by this it was either the way it happened or the way I was looking too much into it.But I hope you can see by looking at it in anothers perspective.

Welcome to the forum
Xavery On August 15, 2023
Certifiable BOT

Big City, Canada
#9New Post! Jun 25, 2010 @ 03:48:23
Probably ... No, I do not share my mental health issues with others which does suggest shame.

I think that people who are genuinely mentally ill tend to have more than one type of mental illness in the neurosis category.

I think that people who are psychotic exhibit less variation in categories of illness - partly because there are fewer categories of psychosis.

Also the way the DSM 4 or 5 (the psychiatrist's bible) is written these days, most people are mentally ill.

I am not meeting many "normal" people these days.
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#10New Post! Jun 25, 2010 @ 03:49:49
@someone_else Said

You should fit in nicely here.

HiImDan On February 29, 2024

Cleveland, the boil on the but
#11New Post! Jun 25, 2010 @ 03:53:39
@Wellard Said

yeah, huh! Check me out!!
TenaciousDave On February 11, 2022
The Anus Of Satan

Jeffrey Dahmer's Lunchbox,
#12New Post! Jun 25, 2010 @ 03:54:24
@fluffymetal Said

chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#13New Post! Jun 25, 2010 @ 03:58:11
@Xavery Said

Also the way the DSM 4 or 5 (the psychiatrist's bible) is written these days, most people are mentally ill.

I am not meeting many "normal" people these days.

"Normal" is not synonymous with "sane". I hate that we are beginning to overanylize everybody that "is not normal" into "is not sane".
aquine On May 30, 2014
Psalm 2 = Rev 11:15

Banned

Alice SPrings, Australia
#14New Post! Jun 25, 2010 @ 04:52:33
@fluffymetal Said

Luke 8:26-39
And they arrived at the country of the Gadarenes, which is over against Galilee.
[27] And when he went forth to land, there met him out of the city a certain man, which had devils long time, and ware no clothes, neither abode in any house, but in the tombs.
[28] When he saw Jesus, he cried out, and fell down before him, and with a loud voice said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God most high? I beseech thee, torment me not.
[29] (For he had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. For oftentimes it had caught him: and he was kept bound with chains and in fetters; and he brake the bands, and was driven of the devil into the wilderness.)
[30] And Jesus asked him, saying, What is thy name? And he said, Legion: because many devils were entered into him.
[31] And they besought him that he would not command them to go out into the deep.
[32] And there was there an herd of many swine feeding on the mountain: and they besought him that he would suffer them to enter into them. And he suffered them.
[33] Then went the devils out of the man, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the lake, and were choked.
[34] When they that fed them saw what was done, they fled, and went and told it in the city and in the country.
[35] Then they went out to see what was done; and came to Jesus, and found the man, out of whom the devils were departed, sitting at the feet of Jesus, clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid.
[36] They also which saw it told them by what means he that was possessed of the devils was healed.
[37] Then the whole multitude of the country of the Gadarenes round about besought him to depart from them; for they were taken with great fear: and he went up into the ship, and returned back again.
[38] Now the man out of whom the devils were departed besought him that he might be with him: but Jesus sent him away, saying,
[39] Return to thine own house, and shew how great things God hath done unto thee. And he went his way, and published throughout the whole city how great things Jesus had done unto him.

Blessed be the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#15New Post! Jun 25, 2010 @ 05:02:47
depession.
interesting coming out of it.
like climbing a ladder.
you notice a coming out of it.
just never stop.
you wake up the next morning, might as well make the best of it.
my dad always told me "if you wake up, and it don't hurt. it means you're dead."
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs