No
Some
Most
View Results
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#1New Post! Jan 10, 2011 @ 15:20:14
I keep most of Justin's stuff that he comes home from school with, but I'm starting to realize that this will mean ending up with a lot of boxes. He's only half way through his first year and we've already got two full, and that's counting the ones literally crammed on the fridge and scattered around on the walls, and he's only going half days. It's insane how many projects they do. They talk about recess and gym and etc, but I just don't see how they could possibly have time.

I know that the number of projects will lessen as he gets older, but there's still going to be a lot before he reaches that point.

My mom never kept our stuff, and now I think I can see why with four kids, but I don't want to just throw away the stuff Justin makes for some reason.
Rehabilitation_Please On May 20, 2016
Has Tiger Blood

Peterborough, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jan 10, 2011 @ 15:27:24
Can't you display (the pictures/paintings etc) in a book and such, I'm not sure what else I can suggest really.
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#3New Post! Jan 10, 2011 @ 15:31:13
I went though that when my oldest started school. I wanted to keep everything but realized that was not possible. I had kept all finger paintings, drawings and counting/writing pages Steph had done in JK, SK when I realized I had to get rid of a lot since it was taking up too much space.

So what I do with all three kids art and such is keep the things they make for Mother's/Father's Day, Halloween, Christmas, Valentines Day, etc.

I also keep the projects that they make the first day of school and anything that has their picture or hand prints. I have kept any little awards they got that month, or items they make/got for participating in school events.

Probably by the times they are finished high school, I'll have a box or two for each of the kids.

My mom kept certain things like holidays drawing/projects or Mother/Father Day items.
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#4New Post! Jan 10, 2011 @ 15:32:03
@Rehabilitation_Please Said

Can't you display (the pictures/paintings etc) in a book and such, I'm not sure what else I can suggest really.

That would be an awesome idea. Make a scrapbook of the things they made.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#5New Post! Jan 10, 2011 @ 15:33:42
I don't have kids...but yes I would. In fact, I still have all my old stuff I made back in elementary school. I'm still extremely proud of them, some I won awards for, some got featured in books, others are just very sentimental and I have fond memories of making them so...yes.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#6New Post! Jan 10, 2011 @ 15:35:26
Oh...I only kept my good stuff. I really can't comment, my mom didn't really care, in fact, if wasn't for me keeping them, they would have been trash a long time ago. So everything I still have now, is all stuff I wanted to keep.
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#7New Post! Jan 10, 2011 @ 15:41:50
@Rehabilitation_Please Said

I will definately be doing that when I get enough that would work for a book, but most of the stuff so far isn't flat sheets of paper.

@boobagins Said

Oh...I only kept my good stuff. I really can't comment, my mom didn't really care, in fact, if wasn't for me keeping them, they would have been trash a long time ago. So everything I still have now, is all stuff I wanted to keep.

Ditto.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#8New Post! Jan 10, 2011 @ 16:56:13
Just hold onto what you deem to be really special, and the rest, video tape, so he can have a look later too.
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#9New Post! Jan 10, 2011 @ 16:59:16
@sTreetAngeL Said

Just hold onto what you deem to be really special, and the rest, video tape, so he can have a look later too.

Video tapes rock. It's not even the videos themselves, but that he gets so ridiculously hysterical watching himself. I'm tempted to buy another so that I can video tape him watching his videos.
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#10New Post! Jan 10, 2011 @ 17:01:01
@chisa96 Said

Video tapes rock. It's not even the videos themselves, but that he gets so ridiculously hysterical watching himself. I'm tempted to buy another so that I can video tape him watching his videos.

Oh man, yeah! That's a fantastic idea! He would love seeing tha when he gets older I'm sure. (as well as now) lol
Sweet_Merry On October 01, 2023
One day. . . I will

Building my Castles in the Sky
#11New Post! Jan 10, 2011 @ 17:08:40
I only kept some of their things.
I don't remember them doing so much but I did keep the special things they made and gave to us.
I had to keep stuff down because of being a Military family- we travel a lot and only had so much weight we could take. You'll probably not be too surprised how a child would like to keep his toys more then a finger painted picture.
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#12New Post! Jan 10, 2011 @ 17:11:41
Oh, and another suggestion. Pay attention to what 'he' is most proud of an the like, not just what is special to yourself...I would have loved having such things to see of my own, as I grew older.
sweetheart5545 On November 06, 2013

, Florida
#13New Post! Jan 10, 2011 @ 17:13:38
@sTreetAngeL Said

Oh, and another suggestion. Pay attention to what 'he' is most proud of an the like, not just what is special to yourself...I would have loved having such things to see of my own, as I grew older.

me too
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#14New Post! Jan 10, 2011 @ 17:13:54
@Sweet_Merry Said

You'll probably not be too surprised how a child would like to keep his toys more then a finger painted picture.

Definately not, but then I don't really keep them for him. He doesn't seem to care what happens to them after he magnets them to the fridge. I doubt he'd notice if they were trashed five minutes later, especially if it was between those and his cars.
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#15New Post! Jan 10, 2011 @ 17:15:27
@sTreetAngeL Said

He doesn't really seem to care about any of them at this point, at least not after the initial getting them out of his back pack and putting them up.

Unless there's a picture of himself on it. He's a vain little bugger.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs