Detox

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 08:59:39
I really want to do a detox.

I'm going to have a look on google as I'm not really sure where to start with it.

I wondered though, if anyone had any suggestions?

I've been told that I should do it for just one day to start off with as I've never done one before.
Bhav On April 12, 2011

, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 12:22:16
Just drink lots of water and eat nothing but cereal, fruit and veg for a few days.

I use the kellogs cereal plan, that is cereal for breakfast, cereal for lunch, and a full dinner of whatever you like, plus nothing but water and pure, not from concentrate fruit juice to drink.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 12:24:11
Drink a lot of water and green tea and try to eat lots of fruit and vegetables I think.

Yeah take it in small steps otherwise I imagine it'll be difficult to actually want to do it after a while.
Bhav On April 12, 2011

, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 12:26:12
It gets tedious after a few days and you really begin to crave some pizza, KFC, chocolate, cakes.

Then I start getting chunky around the waist all over again .

I cant ever manage for more than 3 - 4 days, let alone a week or two.
RIP Boobie

#5New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 12:28:14
@Bhav Said

Just drink lots of water and eat nothing but cereal, fruit and veg for a few days.

I use the kellogs cereal plan, that is cereal for breakfast, cereal for lunch, and a full dinner of whatever you like, plus nothing but water and pure, not from concentrate fruit juice to drink.

@sister_of_mercy Said

Drink a lot of water and green tea and try to eat lots of fruit and vegetables I think.

Yeah take it in small steps otherwise I imagine it'll be difficult to actually want to do it after a while.

I don't like cereal, well I do but I don't like milk on it, I tried that kellogs diet thing but couldn't bring myself to eat dry cereal twice a day.

I've heard coconut milk is brilliant so I'm going to try that.
Wellard On April 29, 2012
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#6New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 12:29:29
You should seek some medical advice beforehand,the doctors will probably give you some medication to ease the DT's.I admire your courage,all the best with it.Try to stay postive
RIP Boobie

#7New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 12:32:25
@Wellard Said

You should seek some medical advice beforehand,the doctors will probably give you some medication to ease the DT's.I admire your courage,all the best with it.Try to stay postive

I'm only planning on doing it for one or two days, two blokes I used to work with used to do it all the time and I remember them saying you shouldn't do it for more that two days to start of with.
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#8New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 12:39:41
@Silver_Lining Said

I'm only planning on doing it for one or two days, two blokes I used to work with used to do it all the time and I remember them saying you shouldn't do it for more that two days to start of with.

What is the point in giving up for one or two days?? If you really want to beat an addiction you have to keep at it for as long as possible.It can take months even years until you are truly over it.
RIP Boobie

#9New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 12:41:09
@Wellard Said

What is the point in giving up for one or two days?? If you really want to beat an addiction you have to keep at it for as long as possible.It can take months even years until you are truly over it.

I'm not trying to beat an addiction
Bhav On April 12, 2011

, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 12:42:31
What I do is try and eat healthy stuff every day, but have something nice fat and greasy 2 or 3 times a week.

So I'll have my cereal, salads and fruits on most days, then I'll have my pizza, chicken or fish stuff every 2 or 3 days.

Ive stopped putting on weight so its worked, now the losing it part is where I begin to not like these diet plans.

Before I were eating cakes and greasy food almost everyday, then when I hit my mid 20s I started piling on weight really rapidly :x
kpharriso On November 17, 2016
Batshit crazy :)

Boganville, Australia
#11New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 12:42:56
Don't do the lemon detox diet, it does work, but apart from it being bad for you in general, it's extremely bad for your teeth due to the acid in the concoction that you have to drink.
RIP Boobie

#12New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 12:44:42
@kpharriso Said

Don't do the lemon detox diet, it does work, but apart from it being bad for you in general, it's extremely bad for your teeth due to the acid in the concoction that you have to drink.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#13New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 12:46:29
@Silver_Lining Said

I'm not trying to beat an addiction

What kind of detox do you mean? I thought you were on about giving up alcohol.

EDIT - just read 2 posts above diet detox
RIP Boobie

#14New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 12:48:25
@Wellard Said

What kind of detox do you mean? I thought you were on about giving up alcohol.

EDIT - just read 2 posts above diet detox

Just a detox in general, to get rid of any toxins that might be floating around in my body!
Bhav On April 12, 2011

, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 12:48:42
Yea, diet detox to get some healthier grub into ones mouth to feel better .

If all you want to do is get rid of toxins, then you dont have to do anything but drink more water. The dietary changes are just for weight problems.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs