US Election 2012

Controversial private fund-raiser video shows candid Romney

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...21 22 23 · >>
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#1New Post! Sep 18, 2012 @ 01:29:13
https://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/09/17/controversial-private-fund-raiser-video-shows-candid-romney/

Quote:
In the footage, taped with a hidden camera, Romney argued nearly half of Americans will vote for President Barack Obama because they rely on government support, made apparent jokes about wishing he had Latino heritage, and talks about a Chinese factory his former firm purchased.

Quote:
"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what," Romney says in one clip. "There are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent on government, who believe that, that they are victims, who believe that government has the responsibility to care for them. Who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing."

Adding to his argument about entitlement, Romney said his "job is not to worry about those people."

Quote:
"My dad, as you probably, know was the governor of Michigan and was the head of a car company. But he was born in Mexico ... and, uh, had he been born of, uh, Mexican parents, I'd have a better shot at winning this," Romney said. "But he was unfortunately born to Americans living in Mexico.... I mean I say that jokingly, but it would be helpful to be Latino."

Wow.

Dumb a** move. Seriously a dumb a** move.

Right now CNN cannot verify the authenticity of the video, but state that the audio has not been altered.

But the Romney campaign did not deny the recording or impugn its authenticity.

Quote:
When the campaign released a statement in response to the issue later Monday, it did not directly mention the videos.

"Mitt Romney wants to help all Americans struggling in the Obama economy. As the governor has made clear all year, he is concerned about the growing number of people who are dependent on the federal government, including the record number of people who are on food stamps, nearly one in six Americans in poverty, and the 23 million Americans who are struggling to find work. Mitt Romney's plan creates 12 million new jobs in four years, grows the economy and moves Americans off of government dependency and into jobs," Gail Gitcho, Romney's communications director, said in the statement.

This is the man that wants to be president???
raditz On April 20, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#2New Post! Sep 18, 2012 @ 01:36:10
The controversial comments are where?
Magically Delicious

#3New Post! Sep 18, 2012 @ 01:47:45
@raditz Said

The controversial comments are where?

So in your experience half of American citizens have no sense of self responsibility?

You think that the Latinos will take it kindly that he said that if he were Latino it would be easier for him to be elected?

You really are dumber than advertised.
Magically Delicious

#4New Post! Sep 18, 2012 @ 01:49:23
Mods - sorry my bad, I should have put this in the Election 2012 section.
raditz On April 20, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#5New Post! Sep 18, 2012 @ 01:58:31
@LuckyCharms Said

So in your experience half of American citizens have no sense of self responsibility?

You think that the Latinos will take it kindly that he said that if he were Latino it would be easier for him to be elected?

You really are dumber than advertised.

It would be easier for him to get the latino vote, sure.

And yeah, considering the explosion of people on government benefits under Obama, it does seem like there are more people giving their responsibilities to the government.

Also, I notice you jump right to the personal attacks. Very tolerant liberal you are. lol
Magically Delicious

#6New Post! Sep 18, 2012 @ 02:01:38
@raditz Said

It would be easier for him to get the latino vote, sure.

And yeah, considering the explosion of people on government benefits under Obama, it does seem like there are more people giving their responsibilities to the government.

Also, I notice you jump right to the personal attacks. Very tolerant liberal you are. lol

That's because I have no tolerance for you personally. You play dumb, make up facts and in general don't add squat.

Why not attack you personally? If the shoe fits, wear it.

If you can't see what is damning and why then you are pretty much an ostrich with you head in the sand.

If you had a brain then there'd be no attack.

The reality is that half of America doesn't expect a hand out. Regardless of what you parrot. The vast majority of Americans are hard working people with integrity that want nothing more than the opportunity to earn their way.

You've already attacked half of American by buying into Romney's comments. But you want immunity from being attacked? Dream on idiot.
Magically Delicious

#7New Post! Sep 18, 2012 @ 02:04:36
Quote:
Romney seems to be suggesting that nearly half of Americans expect to have all their needs supplied by the government.

"My job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives," Romney also said in the video

So he doesn't care about half of the American citizens and thinks that people who vote for Obama are out for a hand out.

Do you not understand how this is damning???
raditz On April 20, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#8New Post! Sep 18, 2012 @ 02:05:15
@LuckyCharms Said

That's because I have no tolerance for you personally. You play dumb, make up facts and in general don't add squat.

Why not attack you personally? If the shoe fits, wear it.

If you can't see what is damning and why then you are pretty much an ostrich with you head in the sand.

If you had a brain then there'd be no attack.

The reality is that half of America doesn't expect a hand out. Regardless of what you parrot. The vast majority of Americans are hard working people with integrity that want nothing more than the opportunity to earn their way.

You've already attacked half of American by buying into Romney's comments. But you want immunity from being attacked? Dream on idiot.

More than a third of all americans are on some type of benefit. Tell me those people are not looking for a hand out.

And you could block me as easily as I reported your post.
Magically Delicious

#9New Post! Sep 18, 2012 @ 02:06:50
Or this??

Quote:
"There's a perception that all of you were born with a silver spoon. You know, you never had to earn anything and so forth," Romney said to the donors. "Frankly, I was born with a silver spoon, which is the greatest gift you can have -- which is to get born in America."

In light of calling half of Americans government freeloaders.
Magically Delicious

#10New Post! Sep 18, 2012 @ 02:07:53
@raditz Said

More than a third of all americans are on some type of benefit. Tell me those people are not looking for a hand out.

And you could block me as easily as I reported your post.

Tell me they aren't looking for a hand up after Bush f***ed the economy.

If I get punched for calling a spade a spade, it's a badge of honor. If you can't take the politics forum then get out. It's not meant for the thin skinned.
raditz On April 20, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#11New Post! Sep 18, 2012 @ 02:09:56
@LuckyCharms Said

So he doesn't care about half of the American citizens and thinks that people who vote for Obama are out for a hand out.

Do you not understand how this is damning???

Where did he say that he doesn't care? He said he doesn't worry about them, and it's not the presidents responsibility to. He's not their daddy.

Are you too stupid to understand that? Are you one of those useless welfare mommies looking to get a freebie from the government? Or are you a slut like that Sandra ho that sleeps around so much she ran out of money for condoms and needs the government to keep them from being a cum sponge? Which one?
Magically Delicious

#12New Post! Sep 18, 2012 @ 02:12:45
@raditz Said

Where did he say that he doesn't care? He said he doesn't worry about them, and it's not the presidents responsibility to. He's not their daddy.

Are you too stupid to understand that? Are you one of those useless welfare mommies looking to get a freebie from the government? Or are you a slut like that Sandra ho that sleeps around so much she ran out of money for condoms and needs the government to keep them from being a cum sponge? Which one?

So now it's okay to make personal attacks?

Pffft. I don't have children and I've never taken a dime of government assistance. Nor am I "slut" - but then neither is the woman you are mentioning. Regardless of your slant.

He said, and I quote, it is "not his job to worry about those people". As in it's not his job to care about them or work for them.

Goddamn you are one judgmental dumb motherf***er.
raditz On April 20, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#13New Post! Sep 18, 2012 @ 02:17:24
@LuckyCharms Said

So now it's okay to make personal attacks?

Pffft. I don't have children and I've never taken a dime of government assistance. Nor am I "slut" - but then neither is the woman you are mentioning. Regardless of your slant.

He said, and I quote, it is "not his job to worry about those people". As in it's not his job to care about them or work for them.

Goddamn you are one dumb motherf***er.

Yup, personal attacks were ok'd by DT.

If she's going broke buying BC, her knees don't meet very often.

Phrase it how you want, it's not the job of the president to look after people, it's their job. He's not a big daddy giving people an allowance so they can buy their smokes and condoms.

Just leave that line as your signature, it'll save you time. lol
Magically Delicious

#14New Post! Sep 18, 2012 @ 02:23:18
@raditz Said

Phrase it how you want, it's not the job of the president to look after people, it's their job. He's not a big daddy giving people an allowance so they can buy their smokes and condoms.

You don't even have a grounding in reality. You are a waste of my time. Everything you've said in this topic is false and not supported by the facts. But you believe in them.

So for the rest of us thinking Americans, this is a big thing.

Romney f***ed up here. And if you don't understand how or why it's important, then you are what I called you originally.

I'll leave it up to the rest of the people to actually understand the importance of this.

The parrots (i.e. you) will always invent a reality to suit your needs. Regardless of actual fact.

So go cry to the mods because you can't take it.

This video is more important than your delusions or thin skin.
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#15New Post! Sep 18, 2012 @ 02:23:18
@raditz Said

oLD DODGE DRAFTING mITT just said I am sorry yes he is How long will it take mitt this time to get his head out of his ass.

Oh check the net his own people on his campaign staff are in panic mode
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...21 22 23 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs