Friendships

Confused feelings for a Friend

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
cm91 On March 12, 2014

base of the mountains,
#16New Post! Apr 14, 2008 @ 21:05:49
Oh I agree! I see so many guys ruin it with ladies cause they follow them around like stray dogs, its awful. Id never do K that way. I do My best to be as considerate as possible. Honest. I am a kind of person who worries alot, and I constantly fear Ill be in the way, You know? This is how I am with everyone. We had a long drive to the city today for My medical treatments tomorrow, and I thought about this K situation alot. I have for the past few weeks even been NOT sending many e-mails, or forwarded jokes just as to make sure I dont pester Her. Even though She has said just last week that She looks forward to seeing My mails. I wanna keep it that way, so I will not flood Her inbow, or voice mail, ect! You know?
barbiemom On August 07, 2008

Covington, Indiana
#17New Post! Apr 15, 2008 @ 03:06:43
You sound a lot more down to earth and sensable then most boys your age. My husband and I started out as friends, we got really close. Then all of a sudden I started having romantic thoughts about him. I told myself, I can not be feeling this for him, he is 29 years older then me. But I finally told him and we have been happily married for 10 years so far.
calonso On January 16, 2014

Orlando, Florida
#18New Post! Apr 15, 2008 @ 03:28:07
@cm91 Said
Oh I agree! I see so many guys ruin it with ladies cause they follow them around like stray dogs, its awful. Id never do K that way. I do My best to be as considerate as possible. Honest. I am a kind of person who worries alot, and I constantly fear Ill be in the way, You know? This is how I am with everyone. We had a long drive to the city today for My medical treatments tomorrow, and I thought about this K situation alot. I have for the past few weeks even been NOT sending many e-mails, or forwarded jokes just as to make sure I dont pester Her. Even though She has said just last week that She looks forward to seeing My mails. I wanna keep it that way, so I will not flood Her inbow, or voice mail, ect! You know?

Right, don't swamp her inbox with mail, but you never did that before right? She still wants to hear from you. Don't withhold yourself from her so much in fear that you'll mess up like other guys. She likes you because of who you are and she love's to hear from you. Stop worrying so much, you know you can be yourself around her better than you can with anyone else, your new found feelings shouldn't be a hindrance.
cm91 On March 12, 2014

base of the mountains,
#19New Post! Apr 15, 2008 @ 12:58:44
@barbiemom Said
You sound a lot more down to earth and sensable then most boys your age. My husband and I started out as friends, we got really close. Then all of a sudden I started having romantic thoughts about him. I told myself, I can not be feeling this for him, he is 29 years older then me. But I finally told him and we have been happily married for 10 years so far.

8) thanks for your kind words! Yeah, My life has been full of "humbling" experiences,so I have been through somem tricky things, which hasnt allowed Me time to pull BS like typical Guys My age. Quite simply, I dont have time to make mistakes, You know? I just dont have time..... and this is a one shot deal. I have learned patience (in general) the HARD WAY, due to health issues. So, when it comes to My sweet K, I think it best to "measure twice and cut once" as they say. Best wishes to You and Your husband too! What a sweet story
cm91 On March 12, 2014

base of the mountains,
#20New Post! Apr 15, 2008 @ 13:11:19
@calonso Said
Right, don't swamp her inbox with mail, but you never did that before right? She still wants to hear from you. Don't withhold yourself from her so much in fear that you'll mess up like other guys. She likes you because of who you are and she love's to hear from you. Stop worrying so much, you know you can be yourself around her better than you can with anyone else, your new found feelings shouldn't be a hindrance.

No, I never did. She was away for a coupel weeks not long ago, and I didnt know that She had no internet access wheer She was, so I had sent about 6 or 7 forwarded jokes, ect.Over a 2 week period, I rarley send "personal"e-mails. When I talk to Her on a about personal things its is almost always live E-Mail is for pics, MP3's and jokes. Anyways, She send a mail and said "I got a chance to check My e-mails while away. I got alot of them from you!" And I replied" Oh! I didnt realise You werent able to keep them checked, so Ill stop sending till You are back." To which She replied "No, its OK. I like getting Your jokes" So.... Ive slacked off, just to be sure. She may have just been being kind. Id hate to know I was a nuescense Id die of shame, really!

Its been 2 days since I had talked to Her. As I said, I worry too Much. I am worried even now that She is tired of Me. Maybe its just cause I care so much. I mean.... I know She loves Me. She says that when She leaves almost every time..... Shouldnt I just kinda take a chill pill? I think Im so anxious cause I DONT wanna screw up! LOL. Like I said, One shot deal. I cant ever mess it up, I expect perfection from Myself on this.

It was going along smoother till I started exploring these deeper feelings for K. Now the love bug is taking hold, I think. It may be gettn' worse. LOL! You are being so nice This is just the kind of support I was needing when I came here. Thank You tons my friend.

Orlando, Florida
#21New Post! Apr 16, 2008 @ 00:56:54
@cm91 Said
No, I never did. She was away for a coupel weeks not long ago, and I didnt know that She had no internet access wheer She was, so I had sent about 6 or 7 forwarded jokes, ect.Over a 2 week period, I rarley send "personal"e-mails. When I talk to Her on a about personal things its is almost always live E-Mail is for pics, MP3's and jokes. Anyways, She send a mail and said "I got a chance to check My e-mails while away. I got alot of them from you!" And I replied" Oh! I didnt realise You werent able to keep them checked, so Ill stop sending till You are back." To which She replied "No, its OK. I like getting Your jokes" So.... Ive slacked off, just to be sure. She may have just been being kind. Id hate to know I was a nuescense Id die of shame, really!

Its been 2 days since I had talked to Her. As I said, I worry too Much. I am worried even now that She is tired of Me. Maybe its just cause I care so much. I mean.... I know She loves Me. She says that when She leaves almost every time..... Shouldnt I just kinda take a chill pill? I think Im so anxious cause I DONT wanna screw up! LOL. Like I said, One shot deal. I cant ever mess it up, I expect perfection from Myself on this.

It was going along smoother till I started exploring these deeper feelings for K. Now the love bug is taking hold, I think. It may be gettn' worse. LOL! You are being so nice This is just the kind of support I was needing when I came here. Thank You tons my friend.

My pleasure, any person who loves is a person worth aiding. I know how you feel about worrying about being a nuescence, it's almost a disorder with me, I will throw myself off a cliff before I become a bother to someone. You'll worry yourself insane with that mentality you know. But rest assured, she would tell you if you were a bother.
So you guys are already on an "I love you basis" and you guys aren't even dating? Such friendships between a girl and boy are rare so I see why you would fret about perfection. But don't get to the point where you're scared to talk to her and therefore, you talk to her differently than you used to AND not as often. She might think somethings wrong, and she might think it's her. But if your new found love for her is killing you inside, you might want to start thinking about talking it over with her. She can help you make sense of this better than any of us could.
cm91 On March 12, 2014

base of the mountains,
#22New Post! Apr 16, 2008 @ 23:19:19
Yes, You are correct. I may have to have a talk. Id be nervous about it, but if I can catch a right talk with the proper "feel" to it, I could try. Ill think and pray on it.....wish me well.

Orlando, Florida
#23New Post! Apr 17, 2008 @ 16:58:02
@cm91 Said
Yes, You are correct. I may have to have a talk. Id be nervous about it, but if I can catch a right talk with the proper "feel" to it, I could try. Ill think and pray on it.....wish me well.

My prayers are with you as well, I wish you the best, keep us posted.
cm91 On March 12, 2014

base of the mountains,
#24New Post! Apr 17, 2008 @ 23:29:47
@calonso Said
My prayers are with you as well, I wish you the best, keep us posted.

thanks alot calonso. im still away from home, and havent had a chance to talk to k, but when I do, ill let You know first.
cm91 On March 12, 2014

base of the mountains,
#25New Post! Apr 20, 2008 @ 16:21:46
We are due to talk some time next week...... I have gotten word to Her. Im getting nervous now.

Orlando, Florida
#26New Post! Apr 20, 2008 @ 19:42:44
You'll be fine. No matter what, you'll always be friends.
Hey, what does your signature say and what language?
not4sale On May 28, 2010

Banned

Melbourne, Australia
#27New Post! Apr 20, 2008 @ 20:08:49
Off topic, but it's been bugging me since the start; Why do you randomly capitalise words in your sentences. It seems to be most common when you are referring to yourself or this broad in the story.
keighley88 On August 18, 2008

Newton Stewart, United Kingdom
#28New Post! Apr 20, 2008 @ 20:23:30
OK! There is a chance that she might feel the same way but if you ask her outright that could also mean ruining your friendship if she says she doesnt feel the same way. You dont have to be sexually attracted to someone to want to be with them so step 1-get her in the kind of situation talking about feelings over something normal/boring. step 2 is pay her a comment ( eg you like that colour on her or the earrings she's wearing are really nice) if she changes the subject then you know she's either embarassed or its not there. If she blushes then your fine to try for a lasting relationship (nobody can hide that sort of thing) You being good friends will help with the next one. If there's a problem with anything in your life ask her if you could speak to her cause you just need someone to talk to. Guys can be friends with girls and thats fine but 99% of the time taking it to the next level works out so much better - the closer you are/ the harder it is to break! Good Luck

Orlando, Florida
#29New Post! Apr 20, 2008 @ 22:48:02
@keighley88 Said
OK! There is a chance that she might feel the same way but if you ask her outright that could also mean ruining your friendship if she says she doesnt feel the same way. You dont have to be sexually attracted to someone to want to be with them so step 1-get her in the kind of situation talking about feelings over something normal/boring. step 2 is pay her a comment ( eg you like that colour on her or the earrings she's wearing are really nice) if she changes the subject then you know she's either embarassed or its not there. If she blushes then your fine to try for a lasting relationship (nobody can hide that sort of thing) You being good friends will help with the next one. If there's a problem with anything in your life ask her if you could speak to her cause you just need someone to talk to. Guys can be friends with girls and thats fine but 99% of the time taking it to the next level works out so much better - the closer you are/ the harder it is to break! Good Luck

That's a good approach. I also heard that when you are with a girl you can tell she likes you if she touches you alot, like puts her hand on your shoulder, tries to be close when you walk or sit together, likes hugging, stuff like that.
cm91 On March 12, 2014

base of the mountains,
#30New Post! Apr 21, 2008 @ 16:14:35
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs