Forums: Random:
Rants & Raves

Commercial Operator Drivers of all Legal Ages

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
martynews2 On September 28, 2013

baltimore,
#1New Post! Feb 22, 2010 @ 01:17:21
What is the most Annoying situation to you while driving a vehicle ?
I will attempt to share my most annoying problem as a Tractor Trailer drivers license Class A. One may think I would suggest other people cutting me off on the Highway Right. Not so, only not having a small peice of equipment, such as a knob to roll the window up and down on the driver side, while backing up to a dock."Old things make New things seem like a life time experience.....for example as shown in this picture....> The Truck

The Problem looks like this....>

What will push your button while driving a Commercial Vehicle ?
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#2New Post! Feb 22, 2010 @ 01:22:10
If you've encountered this situation once, you should be able to prepare yourself for the next time it happens. Use a little of that Class A ingenuity, and put some tools and parts in your kit....

Any inaction on you part could be construed as acceptance of a lousy situation.

baltimore,
#3New Post! Feb 22, 2010 @ 01:31:18
How do you like this Road Rage

What will bring the worst out in you while operating a Vehicle ?

baltimore,
#4New Post! Feb 22, 2010 @ 01:33:50
@Saegespaene Said

If you've encountered this situation once, you should be able to prepare yourself for the next time it happens. Use a little of that Class A ingenuity, and put some tools and parts in your kit....

Any inaction on you part could be construed as acceptance of a lousy situation.

Great suggestion, however I am driving the Boss personal Tractor, and he wants to order a Knob.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#5New Post! Feb 22, 2010 @ 01:40:02
@martynews2 Said

Great suggestion, however I am driving the Boss personal Tractor, and he wants to order a Knob.

Unless that cab is equipped with A/C, I'd be telling the Boss he can put up with the nuisance himself, until the replacement handle and/or knob is installed.

If you're forced to drive that tractor, bring your own handle, and change it out. Replace it with the old one, when you're back at the barn.

baltimore,
#6New Post! Feb 22, 2010 @ 01:52:32
@Saegespaene Said

Unless that cab is equipped with A/C, I'd be telling the Boss he can put up with the nuisance himself, until the replacement handle and/or knob is installed.

If you're forced to drive that tractor, bring your own handle, and change it out. Replace it with the old one, when you're back at the barn.

Your are so right,did you see the picture and how worn out the knob is. Man all I like to do is drive. I like to pull up to the shop when in service and have it repaired. I have to fight just to get new tires on his tractor. DOT is starting a New Law( Repair or Face a written Violation against you DAT record. Not so much as a door handle, but the main things consider as part of your DOT inspection.
liquer On March 06, 2010

Deleted

#7New Post! Feb 22, 2010 @ 09:53:01
Good luck with your job, are you in the Teamsters?
Marcussextus On November 25, 2014

Adelaide, Australia
#8New Post! Feb 22, 2010 @ 10:23:08
I had my heavy-vehicle licence suspended, for LIFE!
I was hauling scrap-metal, and a mob of young hoods thought they'd have some fun, so they kept harassing me on the road, cutting me off repeatedly, sitting in front of me unmoving through green lights, generally being idiots and putting their lives, and others, at risk
I finally lost it, and saw them pull into a house and park across the front, parallel to the road. I swung my rig into the fence, and rolled their precious hotted-up, fancy-painted w**k-mobile up on to the front verandah of the house. They weren't in it, though I'm NOT sure that would have stopped me, lol.
By the time I had backed out and removed the remains of the fence the police had arrived. I was really going to cop it in court, I was looking at a custodial sentence, but the event had made the media, and a large number of people contacted my lawyer, then stood in court and gave graphic descriptions of their dangerous shennanigans prior to my own stupidity.
It helped, and I walked free, a large fine and the loss of my HVL, that hurt but I had no-one to blame but myself there.
Unfortunately, because I had been so dumb during work hours in a work vehicle, the Judge made it permanent, but I got my other licences back in due course.
And the cherry on top, for ME, was that because of all the witnesses, they had NO insurance cover, it was revoked for their own criminal behaviour. They tried to sue me for the money, so I and a few mates paid them a visit, and we reached a "settlement", it may not have satisfied everyone, lol, but it sure as Hell made ME happy!

They didn't say what they thought, they appeared to be asleep, lol!

baltimore,
#9New Post! Feb 25, 2010 @ 02:46:41
@Marcussextus Said

I had my heavy-vehicle licence suspended, for LIFE!
I was hauling scrap-metal, and a mob of young hoods thought they'd have some fun, so they kept harassing me on the road, cutting me off repeatedly, sitting in front of me unmoving through green lights, generally being idiots and putting their lives, and others, at risk
I finally lost it, and saw them pull into a house and park across the front, parallel to the road. I swung my rig into the fence, and rolled their precious hotted-up, fancy-painted w**k-mobile up on to the front verandah of the house. They weren't in it, though I'm NOT sure that would have stopped me, lol.
By the time I had backed out and removed the remains of the fence the police had arrived. I was really going to cop it in court, I was looking at a custodial sentence, but the event had made the media, and a large number of people contacted my lawyer, then stood in court and gave graphic descriptions of their dangerous shennanigans prior to my own stupidity.
It helped, and I walked free, a large fine and the loss of my HVL, that hurt but I had no-one to blame but myself there.
Unfortunately, because I had been so dumb during work hours in a work vehicle, the Judge made it permanent, but I got my other licences back in due course.
And the cherry on top, for ME, was that because of all the witnesses, they had NO insurance cover, it was revoked for their own criminal behaviour. They tried to sue me for the money, so I and a few mates paid them a visit, and we reached a "settlement", it may not have satisfied everyone, lol, but it sure as Hell made ME happy!

They didn't say what they thought, they appeared to be asleep, lol!

Driving in a mad world of a fast pace society. One may think how far will someone go to provoke you to act out of control. Who Know's, I thank God you kept your life or did not land in prison for life.

Thank you for your post.....Keep it moving
Marty

baltimore,
#10New Post! Feb 26, 2010 @ 01:22:04
@liquer Said

Good luck with your job, are you in the Teamsters?

Thank You, No not part of a Union. Would be nice ! just applied with a new company.

baltimore,
#11New Post! Feb 26, 2010 @ 01:37:37
Check out this Commercial Driving Shocker
Marcussextus On November 25, 2014

Adelaide, Australia
#12New Post! Feb 26, 2010 @ 03:26:55
@martynews2 Said

Check out this Commercial Driving Shocker

Been there, done that, twice.
Me on the bike, women drivers breaking the law, both times nearly fatal, long recoveries, first time died at the scene, revived, died on the table, revived, loads of fun and physical effects long-term that have made life difficult, and are now killing me.
As far as I'm concerned, EVERYBODY should HAVE TO ride a m/c for two years BEFORE they can get a car license or bigger.
Think about it. You have far more bikes on the road, less congestion and muchly increased general awareness. Bike riders learn quickly to WATCH the road, see water and other dangers, to watch the traffic for blind fools, to keep their eyes OPEN, or they DIE.

baltimore,
#13New Post! Mar 03, 2010 @ 01:45:41
The amount of following distance needed to stop in time before smashing into the vehicle in front of you.Do people really think it's important today ?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs