Forums:
Science

Basis of Life: a Brain and a Heart

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
shannonbell On March 15, 2011

Orem, Utah
#1New Post! Dec 30, 2008 @ 03:19:02
Have you ever thought about when life begins and takes place? There are two things that make life happen: the brain and the heart.
There are many debates concerning the moment when life begins in an embryonic cell. The approach I have taken is to look at the other side of the spectrum and consider what happens when life ends. When people die, the only way to determine if they are dead, as we know it, is if either their heart or their brain has stopped working completely. This is because the brain is needed in order to keep the heart pumping and the heart is needed in order to keep the brain working. If either the heart or brain isn't working, they are dead.
So knowing this, how can we tell when life begins for a human? After conception, a human embryo is implanted onto the uterus. Then the nueral tube forms, which will eventually become the brain and the nervous system. In the fetus, the development of the heart and the circulatory system begins right after the neural tube forms. When the heart starts beating, which is about 5 weeks from conception: this is the point of life. Why? Because when the heart starts pumping, it fuels the brain, which in turn will tell the whole body how to work. So, basically the heart and brain keep eachother in check. Some may wonder, well how did the heart start beating, or how was the heart created? It was the same thing that told the neural tube to form?(dna something?), but in order for the whole cycle to start the heart had to start pumping blood, otherwise the embryo would have died. This is why it?s where life starts.
DevilsPurity On February 12, 2010

other side of the comp screen,
#2New Post! Dec 30, 2008 @ 04:13:44
I don't disagree with your reasoning, but I don't exactly see your point. Is this about the abortion issue, when it becomes wrong? Your information makes sense, I'm just not sure where you're going with it.
shannonbell On March 15, 2011

Orem, Utah
#3New Post! Dec 30, 2008 @ 04:42:20
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs