Forums:
Random

Babble of an idea you will probally find stupid

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
dumdedum On July 07, 2009

-, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Aug 10, 2007 @ 10:54:41
Ok. What's your defination of an insult? Isn't it 'something said with the intention to hurt'
however this often fails don't ya think?

I mean...I have red hair. I am quite happy with having red hair. it's a nice colour and I'm a girl However in my lower-school days I got called names - non of them although meant to be insults offended me - they failed as insults.

Therefor don't you think an insult is point out a flaw in someone that they themselves are insecure about.

Doesn't this make you annoyed at people who milk the attention when insulted? For example if someone says something 'insulting' as a joke because they know you arn't bothered in the slightest - then you milk it becasue it could be seen as bad - that's annoying right?

Also.....technically if this theory (however extreme in rationality) then racial slurs should be ignored. I'm sure people of different races are not bothered by their skin colour just as I am not bothered my my hair colour (although I know alittle different) so....if we just ignored the things that didn't offend us we'd probally be less angry well rounded people.
:D
....you can discuss....and tell my I'm terribly wrong.

-, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Aug 10, 2007 @ 10:55:49
Obviously not comparing racial slurs to jokes my grammer is terrible. and typing.....
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Aug 10, 2007 @ 10:58:11
Yeah I find it annoying when people milk the attention.

Someone said something insulting about my body last night and I was genuinely hurt by it, the person that said it knew I am very insecure about my body

But I didn't play up for any attention I just made it clear that I no longer wanted to talk to that person

-, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Aug 10, 2007 @ 11:04:05
@x_laura_x Said

Someone said something insulting about my body last night and I was genuinely hurt by it, the person that said it knew I am very insecure about my body

But I didn't play up for any attention I just made it clear that I no longer wanted to talk to that person

aww I'm sorry to hear that. Yeah that's different, people who actually mean those things don't deserve your attention.

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Aug 10, 2007 @ 11:09:10
@dumdedum Said
aww I'm sorry to hear that. Yeah that's different, people who actually mean those things don't deserve your attention.

Thanks
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#6New Post! Aug 10, 2007 @ 11:12:50
@x_laura_x Said

This is a little different I think..
This is an abviously angry (and I suspect, probably, jealous person) though you may not realize it or even agree. But trust me, they are..
And their intent was to hurt you and glory in your re-action.
..When you did not re-act, this really pissed them off greatly, apparently.
GOOD FOR YOU LAURA!!! , I always love to see a haters plan backfire.

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Aug 10, 2007 @ 11:23:16
@loveis Said
This is a little different I think..
This is an abviously angry (and I suspect, probably, jealous person) though you may not realize it or even agree. But trust me, they are..
And their intent was to hurt you and glory in your re-action.
..When you did not re-act, this really pissed them off greatly, apparently.
GOOD FOR YOU LAURA!!! , I always love to see a haters plan backfire.

I love to see them backfire too
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs