The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
Racism

Authority racism IS sadly with us still.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#1New Post! Jun 11, 2013 @ 17:41:37
The officers should be shown the door of unemployment.

"Despite the seeming exoneration of the test, the suspect was charged with a DUI, an assessment that led Thornton’s attorney to quip that the real crime was, “D-W-B. Driving While Black.”
Thornton told the local ABC News affiliate that he has been pulled over 10 times and issued four tickets since moving from Ohio to the retirement community of Surprise. This latest stop was the first time he’d been taken to the Surprise lockup."
https://news.yahoo.com/arrested-arizona-dui-bac-0-00-black-185209528.html
smilelove On September 01, 2013
Ninja Dreamer

Somewhere, Ohio
#2New Post! Jun 11, 2013 @ 17:59:08
So dumb..
yami On September 11, 2016

Banned

grimsby, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jun 11, 2013 @ 20:55:40
A law suit for $500 000? A bit over the top. I sympathise with him that he is the victim of racism but I think 500k is a too much compensation.
puzZles On November 13, 2020

Inside my mind's mind, United
#4New Post! Jun 12, 2013 @ 00:50:04
@yami Said

A law suit for $500 000? A bit over the top. I sympathise with him that he is the victim of racism but I think 500k is a too much compensation.

When you see big figures like that is how you know its them playing the race card.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#5New Post! Jun 12, 2013 @ 01:55:06
@yami Said

I hope he get's it. At his age?- such blatant racist crap? Will be a great lesson to other law enforcement agencies around the country that that will never again be allowed.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#6New Post! Jun 12, 2013 @ 01:56:13
@puzZles Said

When you see big figures like that is how you know its them playing the race card.

The cops played "the race card". The elderly gentleman is salvaging his reputation.
I'm all for it!
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#7New Post! Jun 12, 2013 @ 02:44:22
@shinobinoz Said

The officers should be shown the door of unemployment.

"Despite the seeming exoneration of the test, the suspect was charged with a DUI, an assessment that led Thornton’s attorney to quip that the real crime was, “D-W-B. Driving While Black.”
Thornton told the local ABC News affiliate that he has been pulled over 10 times and issued four tickets since moving from Ohio to the retirement community of Surprise. This latest stop was the first time he’d been taken to the Surprise lockup."
https://news.yahoo.com/arrested-arizona-dui-bac-0-00-black-185209528.html

This is old news. There is plenty of racism, and it needs to be destroyed. Punishment of the perpetrators is a noble and worthy goal, but it is only one blade on what requires a multi-pronged approach. I myself have been the victim of profiling numerous times, and not just by local racist cops, but by federal agents.

Yes, punish the fools in positions of authority who abuse their power, but also lead by example as a beacon which shows those stereotypes to be brazenly foolish and flawed.

Would black folks suffer the racist stereotype of being violent, ignorant welfare recipients if demographics did not show a disproportionate number of african heritage people in prisons or on welfare?

Would southern white folks suffer the racist misanthropic stereotype if there were not many who are racist who use religion to hate?

Would asian heritage folks suffer the stereotype of being mathematically inclined if they did not disproportionately overachieve in mathematics class, or have "Tiger moms" driving them at home?

Hatred and abuse of authority is unforgivable, but stereotyping cannot be unravelled by the stick only.
Reviso On November 23, 2014

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#8New Post! Jun 12, 2013 @ 13:03:04
Tar, you're over-reacting to the sad problem of misappropriation of good choices (or appropriate decisions of the likeable job, eh?) for the racist plausible so that hate be added to the unemployment lines.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#9New Post! Jun 12, 2013 @ 17:23:49
Quote:
Surprise AZ

As of the census of 2000, there were 30,848 people, 12,484 households, and 9,725 families residing in the city.

The racial makeup of the city was 85.97% White, 2.61% Black or African American, 0.43% Native American, 1.07% Asian, 0.05% Pacific Islander, 7.87% from other races, and 1.99% from two or more races. 23.29% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race. In recent years, the racial makeup has varied due to the rapid growth of the city.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surprise,_Arizona

In a small town of the size Surprise AZ. with the 'racial makeup ' they have , with his being stopped 10 times and having been issued 4 tickets before this. Begs the question of maybe it's not so much about his race as it about his driving habits.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#10New Post! Jun 12, 2013 @ 22:56:28
@Tar Said

This is old news. There is plenty of racism, and it needs to be destroyed. Punishment of the perpetrators is a noble and worthy goal, but it is only one blade on what requires a multi-pronged approach. I myself have been the victim of profiling numerous times, and not just by local racist cops, but by federal agents.

Yes, punish the fools in positions of authority who abuse their power, but also lead by example as a beacon which shows those stereotypes to be brazenly foolish and flawed.

Would black folks suffer the racist stereotype of being violent, ignorant welfare recipients if demographics did not show a disproportionate number of african heritage people in prisons or on welfare?

Would southern white folks suffer the racist misanthropic stereotype if there were not many who are racist who use religion to hate?

Would asian heritage folks suffer the stereotype of being mathematically inclined if they did not disproportionately overachieve in mathematics class, or have "Tiger moms" driving them at home?

Hatred and abuse of authority is unforgivable, but stereotyping cannot be unravelled by the stick only.

Understandable- but there is only the stick here!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#11New Post! Jun 12, 2013 @ 22:59:28
@white_swan53 Said

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surprise,_Arizona

In a small town of the size Surprise AZ. with the 'racial makeup ' they have , with his being stopped 10 times and having been issued 4 tickets before this. Begs the question of maybe it's not so much about his race as it about his driving habits.

Perhaps. Would be good to know if he was charged with anything or if they were just fishing.
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#12New Post! Jun 15, 2013 @ 04:23:58
@Reviso Said

Tar, you're over-reacting to the sad problem of misappropriation of good choices (or appropriate decisions of the likeable job, eh?) for the racist plausible so that hate be added to the unemployment lines.

I don't think I'm over reacting as I am only analyzing. The instinctual hate of "otherness" is there in all humans, but to advance beyond that starts with personal choices which we all make
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#13New Post! Jun 16, 2013 @ 22:49:25
@shinobinoz Said

Perhaps. Would be good to know if he was charged with anything or if they were just fishing.

JMO It seems that if any or all of the 10 prior stops and multiple tickets were in any way bogus or 'just fishing' on the cops part , that the guy would have been making 'noise' long before it got to the 11th stop. I sure would making all kinds of loud and unhappy noises if it were me being pulled over multiple times and getting bulls*** tickets just because the cops were a******s or racist or bored or whatever,,,

My first thought was to say something smart mouth like ,,,, ???Fishing !?? in the desert ????
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#14New Post! Jun 16, 2013 @ 22:57:33
I got pulled over a lot for owning a Camero - Not that I was ever speeding.

Those who seek employment in authority mostly do so because, rather prior victims or witnesses, they fear potential crime and are forever focused on it.

When you're paranoid it's difficult to overcome stereotypes (ie; all sports cars look really fast if even only driving at 15mph or all cars driven by black men are on their way to someplace shady).
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#15New Post! Jun 16, 2013 @ 23:51:04
@white_swan53 Said

JMO It seems that if any or all of the 10 prior stops and multiple tickets were in any way bogus or 'just fishing' on the cops part , that the guy would have been making 'noise' long before it got to the 11th stop. I sure would making all kinds of loud and unhappy noises if it were me being pulled over multiple times and getting bulls*** tickets just because the cops were a******s or racist or bored or whatever,,,

My first thought was to say something smart mouth like ,,,, ???Fishing !?? in the desert ????

And conversely, the prior experience by too many minorities- tends to make one very suspicious don't you think?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs