Animal Rights

Animal Cruelty

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
newcarscent7 On March 18, 2020

Cleveland, Ohio
#1New Post! Apr 04, 2010 @ 13:24:09
I recently saw a post that has now been removed, probably because it was too graphic.
So here's mine, and it's only a link...

Controversial Issues Blog
doubtingthomas On April 26, 2010
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#2New Post! Apr 04, 2010 @ 16:08:57
Are you talking about the video of the idiot kids throwing a dog over a bridge?

They are speaking russian.. I'm fairly sure they have nothing better to do in russia. And who is to say they didn't walk down to the bottom of the bridge and eat the dog after?
amberx3 On August 18, 2011

hancevillle,
#3New Post! Apr 04, 2010 @ 17:53:05
@doubtingthomas Said

Are you talking about the video of the idiot kids throwing a dog over a bridge?

They are speaking russian.. I'm fairly sure they have nothing better to do in russia. And who is to say they didn't walk down to the bottom of the bridge and eat the dog after?

they had nothing better to do?? its horrible. People disgust me. Animals feel pain too.
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#4New Post! Apr 04, 2010 @ 17:54:16
@amberx3 Said

they had nothing better to do?? its horrible. People disgust me. Animals feel pain too.

yes... so do germs... remember that next time you wash your hands and kill 2 billion of them with soap.

hancevillle,
#5New Post! Apr 04, 2010 @ 17:58:43
@doubtingthomas Said

yes... so do germs... remember that next time you wash your hands and kill 2 billion of them with soap.

Im sorry but I think throwing a dog off a bridge and me washing my hands is completely different.
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#6New Post! Apr 04, 2010 @ 18:01:44
@amberx3 Said

Im sorry but I think throwing a dog off a bridge and me washing my hands is completely different.

Whys that? they both involve you having misplaced human empathy toward nonhuman species.

hancevillle,
#7New Post! Apr 04, 2010 @ 18:04:23
@doubtingthomas Said

Whys that? they both involve you having misplaced human empathy toward nonhuman species.

because its important and very natural for me to wash my hands. throwing a innocent dog off a damn bridge so I can laugh and post it online is messed up.
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#8New Post! Apr 04, 2010 @ 18:07:16
@amberx3 Said

because its important and very natural for me to wash my hands. throwing a innocent dog off a damn bridge so I can laugh and post it online is messed up.

Think of it from the germs standpoint... Your selfish actions by simply washing your hands brings about total destruction to generations of animals. And your concerned about a single animal being tossed to its death? Your responsible for the death of billions!

Its about numbers here.

hancevillle,
#9New Post! Apr 04, 2010 @ 18:12:02
@doubtingthomas Said

Think of it from the germs standpoint... Your selfish actions by simply washing your hands brings about total destruction to generations of animals. And your concerned about a single animal being tossed to its death? Your responsible for the death of billions!

Its about numbers here.

Thats just silly. Thats a natural thing. I have a purpose for killing germs, same as killing for food. Killing animals to be cruel and for some messed up pleasure is wrong. and there is nothing anyone can say to make it right. sorry.
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#10New Post! Apr 04, 2010 @ 18:20:39
@amberx3 Said

Thats just silly. Thats a natural thing. I have a purpose for killing germs, same as killing for food. Killing animals to be cruel and for some messed up pleasure is wrong. and there is nothing anyone can say to make it right. sorry.

I'm not saying either is right or wrong. I'm trying to give you a different perspective. Step back and take a long hard look at your emotion.

Why do you feel 0 empathy for germs and get all worked up when it comes to a single dog?

Ask yourself why that is.

Its not about natural.. but there isn't much natural about soap. A bar of soap doesn't happen in nature. Also on the subject of natural.. its not natural for you to care about dogs. Human empathy has evolved over time to care about humans. Not dogs.. germs.. or plants. You need to come to grips about the fact that you eat and digest other animals for your own survival. There is no getting around that.

The fact that i care about your destruction of billions of germs each time you wash your hands is just as misguided as your caring about the terrible demise of a single dog halfway around the world.

Both are 100% legitimate as the other. The only real comparison is your level of misguided human empathy to mine. And in the case of the bridge diving dog... the owners lack of misguided empathy to his property.

hancevillle,
#11New Post! Apr 04, 2010 @ 19:01:39
Because germs can be harmful to me. and I need food to nourish myself. I would not go out and kill a animal i did not intend to eat. and I would see it differently if they killed the dog for food. which is wierd but whatever. Clearly that was not the case. but anyway I get what your trying to say kinda...but still dont agree.thats alright though.
Barbarella On April 11, 2010

Banned

, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Apr 04, 2010 @ 19:18:58
@amberx3 Said

Because germs can be harmful to me. and I need food to nourish myself. I would not go out and kill a animal i did not intend to eat. and I would see it differently if they killed the dog for food. which is wierd but whatever. Clearly that was not the case. but anyway I get what your trying to say kinda...but still dont agree.thats alright though.

What about a mouse that's eating all your food but you can't catch it normally?

hancevillle,
#13New Post! Apr 04, 2010 @ 19:29:14
@Barbarella Said

What about a mouse that's eating all your food but you can't catch it normally?

thats a reason to kill a pest. still different from throwing a dog off a bridge
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#14New Post! Apr 04, 2010 @ 19:35:36
@amberx3 Said

Ever been to a amusement park? or Art gallery?... or anything else that didn't directly connect your need for survival to the actions your taking.

The people who participated in making your amusement happen needed to eat food. They consumed and destroyed other animals to make your amusement happen. You didn't NEED to go to that art gallery... or amusement partk... there for they didn't NEED to provide it for you... and in a chain of events... you didn't NEED to kill the animals to sustain all of that from happening.

Now.. are you saying that your empathy is some how better than the Dog bridge tossers because they seek a more direct form of amusement?
Both of your forms of amusement results in the unnessary loss of other animals lives.

WHat it really comes down to is you making the judment upon your fellow man.. that your empathy is some how better or more rightcous than your fellow man. When in fact its not.
mattyc On March 22, 2013

Toronto, Canada
#15New Post! Apr 05, 2010 @ 02:52:16
@doubtingthomas Said

Please shut the hell up.

You're embarrassing yourself again. Since when do germs feel pain? You can't avoid killing germs, that is literally impossible to do. Entirely different than throwing a dog off a bridge. All you are doing is simply bagging the person for having empathy towards dogs.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs