Politics

Andrea Yates Found Innocent By Reason Of Insanity In Retrial

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
dolphinluver16 On June 19, 2008

Cincinnati, Ohio
#1New Post! Jul 26, 2006 @ 18:27:23
Andrea Yates Found Innocent By Reasoning Of Insanity

Thank god. This is all over every forum I've gone to today. It makes me mad how ignorant half these people are. Andrea Yates was clearly insane. I live not too far from where the drownings took place. I heard every detail that came out about the story. She clearly was insane. Her exhusband said so. He should know. She was off her medication at the time of the drownings. She suffered from post partum depression after she had her children. Post partum depression can occur after a woman has had a baby. For most people, it isn't severe. But for some people it can cause severe depression. I think it is sad that people are overlooking this crucial fact. More word needs to be spread about this. Husbands and boyfriends need to keep an eye out after their significant other has given birth too. Had Andrea Yates had gotten help or had been on her medication, this could have been prevented. There IS such a thing as post partum depression. And while i know that most inmates use the insanity or mentally retarded excuse to try and get out of punishment, this was different. Andrea Yates was clearly insane. She will be going to an institution where she will get better help than if she were in jail. She'd be tortured in jail. So I am happy with this decision. I am upset with the people who try to deny that she is mentally ill or who deny there is such a thing as post partum depression because there is. It affects millions and if it goes untreated, it can result in tragedies such as these.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#2New Post! Jul 26, 2006 @ 18:30:55
You cannot be found innocent by a jury.

You can either be found guilty or not guilty. There is a big difference between "innocent" and "not guilty," and the justice system is set up specifically not to address the question of innocence.

Not guilty by reason of insanity means that she committed the acts of which she is accused, but she is not legally responsible for them due to a mental defect.

She is not "innocent."
melissajbruce On June 22, 2007

evansville, Indiana
#3New Post! Jul 26, 2006 @ 22:49:52
yes Andrea Yates was mentally ill and off her meds. Of course Rusty knew this he did not want her taking the medication and after being told after her third or forth baby (dont remember which) that she should not have any more. He kept making babies with her though. She was found insane he has remarried and making a new life. Is noone to be held accountable for the horrible drownings of these children? What a travesty!!
forkmeimgood__x On May 25, 2008

SouthShields, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jul 26, 2006 @ 22:51:55

Am I the only one who doesnt know who she is?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs