Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 ...8 9 10 · >>
bstumbo On April 26, 2006

Tiburon, Ca., California
#16New Post! Oct 15, 2005 @ 02:32:12
@rocket325 Said
My response...never!
Precisely the reason I took a Civil Service job. Decent pay, good benefits, job security. Your example is absurdly presumptious.
The premise is a no-brainer; dont spend more than you earn, regardless if you are the CEO of General Motors or a garbageman!

Or a nation ...
shaggyjebus On August 26, 2008

Deleted

Goodlettsville, Tennessee
#17New Post! Oct 15, 2005 @ 02:37:12
How long can this nation have a deficit? We apparently owe a lot of money, yet we support the world? How does that work?

Or is the entrie world f***ing nuts? Playing with absurd rules that make no sense?

Tiburon, Ca., California
#18New Post! Oct 15, 2005 @ 02:39:17
@shaggyjebus Said
How long can this nation have a deficit? We apparently owe a lot of money, yet we support the world? How does that work?

Or is the entrie world f***ing nuts? Playing with absurd rules that make no sense?

Last time it all evened out, they called it a depression.
shaggyjebus On August 26, 2008

Deleted

Goodlettsville, Tennessee
#19New Post! Oct 15, 2005 @ 02:42:07
@bstumbo Said
Last time it all evened out, they called it a depression.

The big picture is screwed . . .

And so you know, I did get what you meant when you talked of earning and then spending too much. Of course it referred to this country, because it has done just that.

Ehh . . . this world will never get better.

Tiburon, Ca., California
#20New Post! Oct 15, 2005 @ 02:45:00
At least you got it Shaggy! Good One!
rocket325 On August 07, 2015

Northwest, Connecticut
#21New Post! Oct 15, 2005 @ 10:51:19
@bstumbo Said
Or a nation ...

For the doomsayers of the American economy...
take a look at the inflation rates around the world; &
unemployment rates
poverty levels
quality of life &

One question...
when have you heard of anyone sneaking INTO:
Mexico
Russia
North Korea ????????
Forgot my favorite...Cuba!

Tiburon, Ca., California
#22New Post! Oct 15, 2005 @ 21:06:51
@rocket325 Said
For the doomsayers of the American economy...
take a look at the inflation rates around the world; &
unemployment rates
poverty levels
quality of life &

One question...
when have you heard of anyone sneaking INTO:
Mexico
Russia
North Korea ????????
Forgot my favorite...Cuba!

Economics lessons from a civil servant ... I love it

You dodged the question ... how long can you spend 120K a year when your income is half of that?? That's what the US is doing right now ... it's called a DEFICIT!! What's worse, they're not even counting the war debt they're running up!!

When the Bush Administration took over, this clock had stopped at 5.4 Trillion. It was being paid off.

Since the Bush Administration took over, it has grown to this.

https://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

"The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$1.63 billion per day since September 30, 2004!
Concerned? Then tell Congress and the White House!"

Northwest, Connecticut
#23New Post! Oct 16, 2005 @ 13:21:23
Economics lessons from a civil servant ... I love it

You dodged the question ... how long can you spend 120K a year when your income is half of that?? That's what the US is doing right now ... it's called a DEFICIT!! What's worse, they're not even counting the war debt they're running up!!

Retired civil servant and proud of it!
I dodged nothing because your comparison of personal financial status, to national debt is absurd and irrational. Nations do not file for bankruptcy, get laid off, or operate in ANY way an individual does!
The National debt does not affect me financially or emotionally. Because of my choice of a career in Fire Service, I was able to retire at 49, have a guaranteed income for life, health benefits, the opportunity to serve my community by fighting fires, saving lives and property...VERY rewarding!! What do YOU do...besides walking on the beach?????

Tiburon, Ca., California
#24New Post! Oct 17, 2005 @ 02:12:01
Well, this year, I've spent to much of it in the hospital. Otherwise, I run my Networking Company. As luck would have it, I don't have to worry about it running without me, because I've hired excellent managers, technicians, and staff. It makes me great money whether I'm there or not.

One thing about the beach I'm walking on ... I own it, free and clear! Right along with the house and the oceanfront three acres it sits on. You best check out who you're talking to before you get uppity and challenge them.

The good thing about being your own man all your adult life, and having your own businesses, is that you learn a lot of economics along the way. You learn how to be self sufficient instead of having to rely on anyone else ... it's quite liberating!! I provide 32 great paying jobs with excellent benefits.

Civil servants aren't exactly cash producers or sources of job opportunities, so they don't need to know much about economics. It certainly appears to be the case with you!

Northwest, Connecticut
#25New Post! Oct 17, 2005 @ 03:15:38
You best check out who you're talking to before you get uppity and challenge them.

I'm neither impressed nor intimidated by your property acqusition or disdain for Civil Service!
During my career and presently I also own a business and worked with FireFighters who were ALSO Accountants, Paving Contractors, Registered Nurses and even an Attorney!
For you to attempt to assess the economic prowess of Civil Servants, or myself, is shortsighted, prejudicial, elitist and unwarranted! Bottom line...even with all your financial
freedom...you still couldn't carry my boots at a fire

Tiburon, Ca., California
#26New Post! Oct 17, 2005 @ 03:51:06
@rocket325 Said
...you still couldn't carry my boots at a fire

Nor would I be stupid enough to do so!!

Northwest, Connecticut
#27New Post! Oct 17, 2005 @ 04:27:31
@bstumbo Said
Nor would I be stupid enough to do so!!

"The hero is commonly the simplest and obscurest of men"
-Henry David Thoreau

Next time you have a Police, Fire , or Medical Emergency...
who are YOU going to call??
The 911 Civil Servants you look down your nose at...or
Your financial analyst????

Tiburon, Ca., California
#28New Post! Oct 17, 2005 @ 04:59:47
@rocket325 Said
"The hero is commonly the simplest and obscurest of men"
-Henry David Thoreau

Next time you have a Police, Fire , or Medical Emergency...
who are YOU going to call??
The 911 Civil Servants you look down your nose at...or
Your financial analyst????

Actually, in any of those situations, my own people take care of it. I'm afraid dear servant, that none of you would be able to arrive in a timely manner, therefore I have taken care of these emergency situations quite well without you. Had I left it to you, my wife would have been dead years ago!

Perhaps if you improved your service?? I doubt it!

Northwest, Connecticut
#29New Post! Oct 17, 2005 @ 12:40:44
Actually, in any of those situations, my own people take care of it. I'm afraid dear servant, that none of you would be able to arrive in a timely manner, therefore I have taken care of these emergency situations quite well without you. Had I left it to you, my wife would have been dead years ago!

Perhaps if you improved your service?? I doubt it!

Awesome! total autonomy...sounds like you have Medical emergencies covered; bravo.
I see no mention of police or fire scenarios.
How prepared are "your people" ,to fight fires or criminals???
Oh! I know..."your people";who must be Paramedics, carrying fire hoses and guns that have arrest power!!
You deserve a rebate on the taxes you pay to support those services...and use the money to hire lifeguards for your beach.

Tiburon, Ca., California
#30New Post! Oct 17, 2005 @ 16:11:25
@rocket325 Said
Awesome! total autonomy...sounds like you have Medical emergencies covered; bravo.
I see no mention of police or fire scenarios.
How prepared are "your people" ,to fight fires or criminals???
Oh! I know..."your people";who must be Paramedics, carrying fire hoses and guns that have arrest power!!
You deserve a rebate on the taxes you pay to support those services...and use the money to hire lifeguards for your beach.

Actually, I do have personal security and fire services already covered, both for my home, the property around it, and the office building which I own. I don't need a paramedic, because I have our Doctor on call, 24/7. You see, when you have a wife with several disabilities that are predominately fatal, you set up emergency options for the occasion. You're right, I'm totally autonomous!!

But don't worry dear servant, I will pay my taxes because it is an honor to do so. You will get your check anyway ... at least until the municipality that pays you cuts back on pension payments because they can no longer afford you.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 ...8 9 10 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs