The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Relationships

Advice on a complicated/strange situation please.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
tickleme On January 28, 2014

somewhere in the world., Antar
#1New Post! Mar 01, 2009 @ 04:44:42
A couple years ago i spoke on 2 occassions to a man whom i felt an incredible connection with.

I met him at my bf's work place, this guy was a customer there.

Wont go into great detail but there was definate chemistry there. He was flirting with me and paying me compliments but the conversation went a lot deeper than that, we really connected on a level that i cant explain.

He did try getting my number (long story) and he did (not from me, through someone else) but never ended up calling me. He knew i was with someone (only had a bf but lied and said i was married, dont ask me why!!!!) and he also told me he had started dating someone, but it wasnt serious.

I never saw him again and made many enquiries trying to get in contact with him (old place he worked at etc) and ended up getting his phone number but by the time i had the guts to call it it had been disconnected.
I spent to much time and effort trying to find him that in the end i said i was going to leave it in the hands of fate and destiny, if it's meant to be i would see him again, and if not, well i'd have to forget him.

While ive never forgotten him or the connection we shared, i gave up looking for him and moved on with my life.

I havent seen him in 2 years and gave up about a year ago looking for him, when a month ago he turns up at bf's work again (as a customer) telling him he has moved about an hours drive away.

Bf knows i know this guy and told me that he had passed his work place, my heart skipped a beat but i didnt think anything of it.

Anyway mean time i just got my learners drivers license and i am learning to drive, so bf the other night took me at 10pm at night to a shopping centre car park where i can learn to drive so there wont be many cars around.

As i parked the car i looked next to me and there was this car i didnt recognise (he had a motor cycle before) and being night time, the windows tinted darkly and the strong lights on the shopping centre car park i couldnt see who it was. But he parked side by side to my car and then took off, a few seconds later Bf said to me "Thats motor bike man" and i was like wtf is he doing in a shopping centre at this hour of the night thats over an hours drive from where he lives.

Anyone i continued to learn to drive/park etc around the car park and i noticed he had parked his car vertically over 3 car parks so he could see where we were parked instead of parking horizontally like the car park is.

I spent about 10 - 15 mins driving around there and he just sat in the car 'watching'

Then we went onto another side of the car park where he couldnt see us, bf and i were having a cold drink and talking about my driving when i see him driving around the car park, came closer to our car and beeped twice and then left.

Now i find all this rather strange and odd. My first question is what was he doing there? And was he there 'stalking' me in a way?

I dont know what to think at the moment, it has stirred a lot of emotions in me that i thought i had gotten past.
I dont know what he is doing back

ANy advice anyone please????
evababy1 On July 29, 2010
Speechless

lodi, New Jersey
#2New Post! Mar 01, 2009 @ 05:05:48
This does sound really weird. I think you should forget about this guy. I know you want answers and you want to know why he was there that night, but he never tried calling you or anything. So I think you shoukd just forget about him. Stay with your bf and let this other dude go.

#3New Post! Mar 01, 2009 @ 05:08:40
@evababy1 Said

This does sound really weird. I think you should forget about this guy. I know you want answers and you want to know why he was there that night, but he never tried calling you or anything. So I think you shoukd just forget about him. Stay with your bf and let this other dude go.

To some point this is what i have done and now he waltzes back in and it's bothering the hell out of me. It really is. I am having trouble getting back on track, i was actually doing really well until he decided to show his face around again.

I am bothered that he is hanging around the area i live in (also the area he used to live in when we first met) when he in fact now lives over an hours drive away.

When i was driving to the shopping centre i didnt see anyone following (i am quite alert being a learner driver lol) so i dont know where he came from all of sudden he was next to my car.
Bitty On September 16, 2009

Belfast, Ireland
#4New Post! Mar 01, 2009 @ 05:10:19
"he's just no that into you", if he was, regardless of situations, he would have been vocal and let you know, when there is an actual connection it's not something you can ignore or turn off or just walk away from. now he just sounds like he is stalking you, i know it's mysterious and oddly sexy but i'd watch it. either way i think you need to re-evaluate the relationship you're in now

#5New Post! Mar 01, 2009 @ 05:13:17
@Bitty Said

"he's just no that into you", if he was, regardless of situations, he would have been vocal and let you know, when there is an actual connection it's not something you can ignore or turn off or just walk away from. now he just sounds like he is stalking you, i know it's mysterious and oddly sexy but i'd watch it. either way i think you need to re-evaluate the relationship you're in now

He was rather "vocal" on the times we had met, with the compliments and flirting, some rather direct ones as well. I do think he might've been held back coz of him thinking i had a husband (when in fact i had a bf) and the fact he was seeing someone.
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#6New Post! Mar 01, 2009 @ 05:26:19
Hopefully he hasn't lost your phone number.
But if he calls you, what are you going to do?
I agree with Bitty, you should re-evaluate your relationship with your current man.
I would also be intrigued.......but just remember you know very little about this guy and have perhaps, put him up on some sort of attraction pedestal. He may not deserve to be there.

#7New Post! Mar 01, 2009 @ 05:31:16
@sunandsurf13 Said

Hopefully he hasn't lost your phone number.
But if he calls you, what are you going to do?
I agree with Bitty, you should re-evaluate your relationship with your current man.
I would also be intrigued.......but just remember you know very little about this guy and have perhaps, put him up on some sort of attraction pedestal. He may not deserve to be there.

Lets hope he hasnt lost my number, but somehow i think he has considering so much time has past and now he is back instead of just calling or messaging me.
To be honest i am not sure what i would do if he calls.
I think he may know i was once looking for him, i went to his old work place looking for him there, the boss gave me his number but by the time i called it was disconnected and i did tell the boss i was looking for him, so maybe he is back in town he might've gone to visit his old boss since they were chummy.
Might be why he is observing, i really dont know.
I am trying not to put him on a pedestal, but its hard when i feel something so bigger than life for this person.

#8New Post! Mar 01, 2009 @ 05:34:14
I mean he could've been at the car park for other reasons, but while i was there i didnt see him meet anyone or anything, so it's intriguing me even more. And the fact he was there at 10pm at night when all shops are closed is even more weird, and then making it so obvious he was looking by the way he parked his car, it stuck out like a sore thumb. What got me the most is starting his car and driving around the car park to see where we were and then beeping a couple of times, he is pretty cocky i think.
SansMorale On March 27, 2009

, Australia
#9New Post! Mar 01, 2009 @ 05:35:47
Perhaps this was all just bad-timing.
It's best to leave the motorbike man and continue your relationship with your boyfriend.

#10New Post! Mar 01, 2009 @ 06:26:05
@SansMorale Said

Perhaps this was all just bad-timing.
It's best to leave the motorbike man and continue your relationship with your boyfriend.

Easier said than done.

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#11New Post! Mar 01, 2009 @ 06:44:21
@tickleme Said

What got me the most is starting his car and driving around the car park to see where we were and then beeping a couple of times, he is pretty cocky i think.

Well he also knows your boyfriend. Technically, the beep could have been for him.
Attraction is hard to ignore I agree.
Hmm, do keep us posted, won't you?

#12New Post! Mar 01, 2009 @ 07:03:29
@sunandsurf13 Said

Well he also knows your boyfriend. Technically, the beep could have been for him.
Attraction is hard to ignore I agree.
Hmm, do keep us posted, won't you?

I agree about the beep might've been for bf, but just didnt seem right, couldnt he beep when he pulled up near the car the first time? And he didnt full on beep the horn just subtley. I will keep you posted.
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#13New Post! Mar 01, 2009 @ 10:40:29
@tickleme Said

A couple years ago i spoke on 2 occassions to a man whom i felt an incredible connection with.

I met him at my bf's work place, this guy was a customer there.

Wont go into great detail but there was definate chemistry there. He was flirting with me and paying me compliments but the conversation went a lot deeper than that, we really connected on a level that i cant explain.

He did try getting my number (long story) and he did (not from me, through someone else) but never ended up calling me. He knew i was with someone (only had a bf but lied and said i was married, dont ask me why!!!!) and he also told me he had started dating someone, but it wasnt serious.

I never saw him again and made many enquiries trying to get in contact with him (old place he worked at etc) and ended up getting his phone number but by the time i had the guts to call it it had been disconnected.
I spent to much time and effort trying to find him that in the end i said i was going to leave it in the hands of fate and destiny, if it's meant to be i would see him again, and if not, well i'd have to forget him.

While ive never forgotten him or the connection we shared, i gave up looking for him and moved on with my life.

I havent seen him in 2 years and gave up about a year ago looking for him, when a month ago he turns up at bf's work again (as a customer) telling him he has moved about an hours drive away.

Bf knows i know this guy and told me that he had passed his work place, my heart skipped a beat but i didnt think anything of it.

Anyway mean time i just got my learners drivers license and i am learning to drive, so bf the other night took me at 10pm at night to a shopping centre car park where i can learn to drive so there wont be many cars around.

As i parked the car i looked next to me and there was this car i didnt recognise (he had a motor cycle before) and being night time, the windows tinted darkly and the strong lights on the shopping centre car park i couldnt see who it was. But he parked side by side to my car and then took off, a few seconds later Bf said to me "Thats motor bike man" and i was like wtf is he doing in a shopping centre at this hour of the night thats over an hours drive from where he lives.

Anyone i continued to learn to drive/park etc around the car park and i noticed he had parked his car vertically over 3 car parks so he could see where we were parked instead of parking horizontally like the car park is.

I spent about 10 - 15 mins driving around there and he just sat in the car 'watching'

Then we went onto another side of the car park where he couldnt see us, bf and i were having a cold drink and talking about my driving when i see him driving around the car park, came closer to our car and beeped twice and then left.

Now i find all this rather strange and odd. My first question is what was he doing there? And was he there 'stalking' me in a way?

I dont know what to think at the moment, it has stirred a lot of emotions in me that i thought i had gotten past.
I dont know what he is doing back

ANy advice anyone please????

Well, it's not like he knew you were going to be there.

As for his being there, it could have been for any number of reasons..

You said yourself there was a strong connection between the two of you; perhaps he still feels it as well, and simply wanted to observe you and your boyfriend (who he thinks is your husband, thanks to your fib), in action, to try and get a 'feel' for how the two of you get along.

Perhaps he's just as puzzled by his feelings; but doesn't feel free to act on them as he thinks you are married..

..Interesting to me why you'd say you are married when you are not..
could it have been a sub-conscious desire to protect yourself from the possibility of becoming closer with this guy?

..if so, then the question is "why"?

It's been my experience, when I've done things like that, our gut senses things before our minds have a change to congnate what it is that might be bothersome about the person/ or situation...

I'd try to figure out why you told this little untruth..maybe then you might find some understanding.

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#14New Post! Mar 01, 2009 @ 11:35:00
@loveis Said

Well, it's not like he knew you were going to be there.

As for his being there, it could have been for any number of reasons..

You said yourself there was a strong connection between the two of you; perhaps he still feels it as well, and simply wanted to observe you and your boyfriend (who he thinks is your husband, thanks to your fib), in action, to try and get a 'feel' for how the two of you get along.

Perhaps he's just as puzzled by his feelings; but doesn't feel free to act on them as he thinks you are married..

..Interesting to me why you'd say you are married when you are not..
could it have been a sub-conscious desire to protect yourself from the possibility of becoming closer with this guy?

..if so, then the question is "why"?

It's been my experience, when I've done things like that, our gut senses things before our minds have a change to congnate what it is that might be bothersome about the person/ or situation...

I'd try to figure out why you told this little untruth..maybe then you might find some understanding.

very thought-provoking, the best post so far.
sarky On March 11, 2011

london, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Mar 01, 2009 @ 11:50:25
@tickleme Said

Easier said than done.
Maybe your boyfriend is not the man for you then.
Are you being fair to him? Maybe you should let him go and you find someone more suitable for you. Or if your free, you can get some answers or pursue the other bloke.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs