Forums: Music:
Goth

AAAHHHH!!!!!!!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
fidget On March 04, 2008

, South Africa
#1New Post! Nov 26, 2005 @ 21:12:04
okay i respect people and i just hate people who try to be somethin they not one of me friends are tryin so hard to be goth and she can maybe fall under punk but not goth.. she is a tad bit spoiled and only takes goth as a fashion statement when it's your way of expresing your self and the music she listenss to is pop and hip-hop, wtf up with that????
neonbacalao On March 27, 2006

Philly, Pennsylvania
#2New Post! Nov 26, 2005 @ 21:19:01
That used to annoy me too but really what's it matter? She'll probably wind up being embarrassed if someone starts trying to talk to her about music and she has to be like, "oh i like hip hop and pop". So to each his own i say. Or maybe she's just trying to feel out the lifestyle or whatever, cuz you know the best way to do that is to step into it yourself, like if you're writing an argumentative paper or something for school, it's sometimes insightful to take a position you don't necessarily agree with in order to better understand the issue. Maybe it's something along those lines, or maybe she just thinks it looks cool, which really there's nothing wrong with, but the next time she goes to a britney spears concert or something i bet a lotta heads will turn, and that's always amusing in itself.
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#3New Post! Nov 26, 2005 @ 21:32:49
Just be whatever you wanna be
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#4New Post! Nov 26, 2005 @ 21:33:47
@fidget Said
okay i respect people and i just hate people who try to be somethin they not one of me friends are tryin so hard to be goth and she can maybe fall under punk but not goth.. she is a tad bit spoiled and only takes goth as a fashion statement when it's your way of expresing your self and the music she listenss to is pop and hip-hop, wtf up with that????

Maybe she is just trying to figure out who she is.
lunatic_on_a_megaphone On April 23, 2010

, California
#5New Post! Nov 26, 2005 @ 22:12:51
Does she try to act like she's a goth or does she just dress like one?

If she just dresses like one she will eventually realize she's a total poser.
the_roach On May 08, 2006

Peterborough, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jan 17, 2006 @ 13:02:01
Goth isn't just about the music. The first wave of 'Goth' bands that emerged in the late '70s looked and dressed like normal peolpe. They did not go out of their way to look different. In fact, they didn't even call their music 'Goth'.

The Goth movement started as a answer to the increasing attiude that one needed to have the lastest clothing to 'fit in'. Many of the early Goths took their inspiration from many Victorian ideals and were christened 'New Romantics' at first.

Goth then became a way of discovering yourselof and those around you, NOT FOR THE MUSIC THAT YOU LIKED. Quite simply, you either fit into the 'Gothic' mindset, or you don't. Non-judgemenatlism is a big idea and one that is highly prized.

And as for your comment about 'punk and not goth', the Goth scene derived from the punk scene in the late 70s with bands such as Joy Divison, The Cure and Siouxsie and the Banshees. All of these were punk bands that had darker themes.

Rant over.

Thank you.
slipknotrulestheworld On November 26, 2006

some where your not, Pennsylva
#7New Post! May 25, 2006 @ 13:24:20
i dont try to be goth but i do dress it and listen to metal .....slipknot is in my opinion the BEST!!!
ermermidontknow On August 05, 2008

Deleted

kayt's room!!, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Jun 06, 2006 @ 04:53:57
@the_roach Said
Goth isn't just about the music. The first wave of 'Goth' bands that emerged in the late '70s looked and dressed like normal peolpe. They did not go out of their way to look different. In fact, they didn't even call their music 'Goth'.

The Goth movement started as a answer to the increasing attiude that one needed to have the lastest clothing to 'fit in'. Many of the early Goths took their inspiration from many Victorian ideals and were christened 'New Romantics' at first.

Goth then became a way of discovering yourselof and those around you, NOT FOR THE MUSIC THAT YOU LIKED. Quite simply, you either fit into the 'Gothic' mindset, or you don't. Non-judgemenatlism is a big idea and one that is highly prized.

And as for your comment about 'punk and not goth', the Goth scene derived from the punk scene in the late 70s with bands such as Joy Divison, The Cure and Siouxsie and the Banshees. All of these were punk bands that had darker themes.

Rant over.

Thank you.

totally agree. oh, thanks for saving me typing all that out! i'd get peeved and then not finish and post it so in a way thanks!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs