News & Current Events

14-year-old held on manslaughter charge in stabbing death

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
sweetheart5545 On November 06, 2013

, Florida
#1New Post! Jan 25, 2011 @ 19:39:39
https://www.naplesnews.com/news/2011/jan/25/saaverdra-suspect-21-days-manslaughter-dylan-nuno/ this is so sad my nephew's friend that was stabbed yesterday.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#2New Post! Jan 25, 2011 @ 19:45:05
That is so sad. I'm actually hoping the up the charge.

, Florida
#3New Post! Jan 25, 2011 @ 19:54:04
@someone_else Said

That is so sad. I'm actually hoping the up the charge.

yes it is he was such a great kid,I even have pics of him and my nephew when they were little kids.
Not a dude.

Deleted

#4New Post! Jan 25, 2011 @ 19:57:18
@sweetheart5545 Said

yes it is he was such a great kid,I even have pics of him and my nephew when they were little kids.

Is your nephew holding up okay? I couldn't imagine something so tragic.

, Florida
#5New Post! Jan 25, 2011 @ 20:00:56
@someone_else Said

Is your nephew holding up okay? I couldn't imagine something so tragic.

me too he said he's holding up okay,I will be praying,it even said in there that his friend Dylan had just transfered to that school just this year.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#6New Post! Jan 25, 2011 @ 20:20:38
21 days for stabbing someone multiple times? Why do all these charges lately seem so backwards?
tom On March 16, 2023
i love .....

Notlongagoinaplacenotfaraway,
#7New Post! Jan 25, 2011 @ 20:25:05
unfortunately seen this a couple of times. Why kids have to use guns and knives over petty things is beyond me. What sad times
Not a dude.

Deleted

#8New Post! Jan 25, 2011 @ 20:33:09
@chisa96 Said

21 days for stabbing someone multiple times? Why do all these charges lately seem so backwards?

That's how long they can hold someone in a juvenile detention center as a suspect.
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#9New Post! Jan 25, 2011 @ 20:36:45
@someone_else Said

That's how long they can hold someone in a juvenile detention center as a suspect.

OOOh. I misread that. Thank god.
Not a dude.

Deleted

#10New Post! Jan 25, 2011 @ 20:40:15
@chisa96 Said

OOOh. I misread that. Thank god.

I had actually completely missed that part and it was mentioned in two places. He hasn't even been arraigned yet.

Hopefully, they can come up with more evidence to change the charge from negligent manslaughter. What's up with that? Negligent manslaughter is what I would expect if someone was killed by that guy throwing the fire extinguisher off the roof. It implies that they did something stupid, not being aware that it might kill someone. Clearly not the case with this.
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#11New Post! Jan 25, 2011 @ 20:42:33
@someone_else Said

I had actually completely missed that part and it was mentioned in two places. He hasn't even been arraigned yet.

Hopefully, they can come up with more evidence to change the charge from negligent manslaughter. What's up with that? Negligent manslaughter is what I would expect if someone was killed by that guy throwing the fire extinguisher off the roof. It implies that they did something stupid, not being aware that it might kill someone. Clearly not the case with this.

That seemed weird to me too. It's usually more accidental to be manslaughter, not a repeated stabbing. I don't quite understand that.
Not a dude.

Deleted

#12New Post! Jan 25, 2011 @ 20:47:35
@chisa96 Said

That seemed weird to me too. It's usually more accidental to be manslaughter, not a repeated stabbing. I don't quite understand that.

Interesting. That's what the wording implies...but the legal definition is this:

"The unjustifiable, inexcusable, and intentional killing of a human being without deliberation, premeditation, and malice. The unlawful killing of a human being without any deliberation, which may be involuntary, in the commission of a lawful act without due caution and circumspection.

Manslaughter is a distinct crime and is not considered a lesser degree of murder. The essential distinction between the two offenses is that malice aforethought must be present for murder, whereas it must be absent for manslaughter. Manslaughter is not as serious a crime as murder. On the other hand, it is not a justifiable or excusable killing for which little or no punishment is imposed."

https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Negligent+manslaughter

So...if I'm reading this correctly, intentionally killing someone that you don't hate is manslaughter. Intentionally killing someone you do hate is murder. That seems really really dumb to me.
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#13New Post! Jan 25, 2011 @ 21:41:16
@someone_else Said

So...if I'm reading this correctly, intentionally killing someone that you don't hate is manslaughter. Intentionally killing someone you do hate is murder. That seems really really dumb to me.

Well, I suppose if it isn't considered a lesser degree of murder, then it's not so dumb. I just always thought that it was.
Not a dude.

Deleted

#14New Post! Jan 25, 2011 @ 21:43:47
@chisa96 Said

Well, I suppose if it isn't considered a lesser degree of murder, then it's not so dumb. I just always thought that it was.

Yeah...it says that. And then in the next paragraph it says "Manslaughter is not as serious a crime as murder". It's like they just can't make up their minds.

The wording term though, is dumb. That's what I meant.
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#15New Post! Jan 25, 2011 @ 21:49:52
@someone_else Said

Yeah...it says that. And then in the next paragraph it says "Manslaughter is not as serious a crime as murder". It's like they just can't make up their minds.

The wording term though, is dumb. That's what I meant.

It is, at least in this case. Whatever the technical definition, I think of manslaughter as applied to cases where a drunk driver kills someone or something to that effect.

Not a stabbing.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs