Forums:
News & Current Events

They got the man dressed in the blue hoodie that killed Jill Meagher

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
last_wave_of_summer On May 06, 2023

Canberra, Australia
#2New Post! Oct 01, 2012 @ 14:43:56
Lucky you covered your arse with the use of accused, the cops have already warned people about making comments suggesting he is guilty before the trail.
scardycat On May 17, 2014

, Australia
#3New Post! Oct 02, 2012 @ 09:20:24
@last_wave_of_summer Said

Lucky you covered your arse with the use of accused, the cops have already warned people about making comments suggesting he is guilty before the trail.

yes I heard that I worded it cautiously
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#4New Post! Oct 02, 2012 @ 09:30:43
....he did kinda know where the body was.

I've got TWO words for ya, world!

TWO WORDS

"Euthanasia"

"Clinic"
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#5New Post! Oct 02, 2012 @ 14:41:35
And, on an unrelated topic that is sought of not unrelated, I heard some rather stupid women were saying, after the death of this poor girl, that they should be able to walk where ever they like, at what ever time they like, and be safe. Yes, they should be able to do this, but they are idiots if they try it, because they will not be safe.

That said, if the guy is guilty, and the prima facie case seems fairly reasonable to me, he should never walk the streets as a free man again.

I also have to say I have a lot of admiration for her husband and brother - the way they have handled themselves throughout this whole sordid thing has been remarkable.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#6New Post! Oct 02, 2012 @ 14:44:40
@last_wave_of_summer Said

To the best of my knowledge, it is not a crime to say the guy is guilty, or speak of him as guilty... could be slander I suppose...

I believe the concern of the police was more in relation to such comments, especially on Face book etc., being prejudicial, in that members of a future jury may have seen some of these comments and been swayed by them.
last_wave_of_summer On May 06, 2023

Canberra, Australia
#7New Post! Oct 03, 2012 @ 01:04:59
@bob_the_fisherman Said

To the best of my knowledge, it is not a crime to say the guy is guilty, or speak of him as guilty... could be slander I suppose...

I believe the concern of the police was more in relation to such comments, especially on Face book etc., being prejudicial, in that members of a future jury may have seen some of these comments and been swayed by them.

You actaully can't come out and say his guilty before he is offically found guilty. If the media say his guilty then he could walk away because they may have had an impact on the court case.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs