Forums: Art & Literature:
Writing

How People are these days...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
scardycat On May 17, 2014

, Australia
#1New Post! Aug 10, 2012 @ 12:48:14
Is it just me or are people becoming ruder and more pushy. Ive taken up a second job working in takeaway food and people expect things to be cooked with a snap of there fingers. When its really busy people wont wait there turn to be served theyll push in front. After you serve them theres very few that use please or thankyous. No manners at all. Its not just in shops there pushy on the road too. Youll be sitting on the speed limit and theres always some d***head that will sit right up your ass. Even when they can overtake they wont. Or they overtake you then slow down. That pisses me off.
Ah yeah nearly forgot about the a*****es that drive at night with there lights on high beam and nearly blind ya. Farmers on country roads are known for that one.
The schools educate our kids to do what ever you need to do to climb as far as you want in life and step on whoever you have to to get there. Yeah I believe you should climb as far as you can but you dont have to trample others to get there. And you dont have to squash others by putting them down or setting them up to look back to get what you wanted either. Society has change so much but really I dont think its for the better.
Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#2New Post! Aug 10, 2012 @ 15:32:56
People are a*****es.
rosexthorn On July 30, 2022

Winnipeg, Canada
#3New Post! Aug 10, 2012 @ 15:50:28
People are becoming more of a me, me, me society and leaves no room for any patience with them, them, them. Very sad indeed!
Octavarium On December 23, 2021

Pacific North West,
#4New Post! Aug 11, 2012 @ 00:42:32
It's a corporate world and a corporate society, what can you expect.
magically_delicious On October 27, 2020

, California
#5New Post! Aug 11, 2012 @ 00:57:21
That's the main reason I don't want to work in the service industry, lol.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#6New Post! Aug 11, 2012 @ 01:13:47
Yes, people are becoming more like tools as time goes by. We have become so self obsessed now that even the things we most desire, start with "I" - Ipad, Ipod, Iphone.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Aug 11, 2012 @ 08:33:52
It's always been like that, it's just easier to see it these days. There will always be a*****es about the place, with 7 billion people around it's hard for there not to be.

I find people always seem to be quick to blame others by comparing them to some kind of nostalgic ideal that quite frankly didn't honestly exist in the first place. Things may have appeared better 'back in the day' but chances are the reality of it wasn't quite as rose tinted as you believe.
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Aug 11, 2012 @ 08:47:32
about 30 years ago ... i would bump into the occassional arsehole (a*****e usa ) ...but people today are far more wrapped up in themselves ... it's much more about how you look and what you've got ... one little indicator is politeness ... i used to work at a place where holding doors open for each other and thanking each other for that was the norm .... but now most people i see let doors go and allow them to fall back into the person behind ... and i agree about the drivers who tail gate you ... i can be driving at 5 am and some d*** will race up the road behind me with his lights on and perch right up my butt ...even though he can overtake and speed to his hearts content .
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs