Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
xLETHAL_VIXENx On January 22, 2015
Logical Alien

Your pants, United States (gen
#1New Post! Feb 29, 2012 @ 06:03:52
... Y u no work?

A little something I posted on my FB and felt I needed to post here too:

Some times I just have to wonder where people get their education from, better yet, where their teachers got their teaching degrees from. Why? Because apparently they fell asleep in school everyday or their teacher smoked joints and taught nothing. You're 20+ years old and you can't spell captain, anus, dictionary, function, or marijuana. Then again, if doing drugs was all I did, I'm sure I wouldn't be able to spell either. /rant

(This is mainly a rant about the majority of occupants of TN and KY, I live on the state line of both, I am not from either.)
EoWyN On April 01, 2015
Lucky Me!

Deleted

Under your bed,
#2New Post! Feb 29, 2012 @ 06:10:06
@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

... Y u no work?

A little something I posted on my FB and felt I needed to post here too:

Some times I just have to wonder where people get their education from, better yet, where their teachers got their teaching degrees from. Why? Because apparently they fell asleep in school everyday or their teacher smoked joints and taught nothing. You're 20+ years old and you can't spell captain, anus, dictionary, function, or marijuana. Then again, if doing drugs was all I did, I'm sure I wouldn't be able to spell either. /rant

But I cannot read well or spell correctly all of the time

(This is mainly a rant about the majority of occupants of TN and KY, I live on the state line of both, I am not from either.)
EoWyN On April 01, 2015
Lucky Me!

Deleted

Under your bed,
#3New Post! Feb 29, 2012 @ 06:10:41
But I cannot read well or spell correctly all of the time
Logical Alien

#4New Post! Feb 29, 2012 @ 06:12:11
Well sister,
My post was not intended for you but for the people of the two states I live in.
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#5New Post! Feb 29, 2012 @ 06:19:06
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#6New Post! Feb 29, 2012 @ 17:54:18
Yeah it does make you wonder about the teachers, and why they still have jobs. it can't be all of those people, incapable of being taught. Although I do realize some just are not motivated. (and there are some really fantastic teachers in the world as well)...but too much wide spread illiteracy...Since the kids ARE in school, it's got to have much to do with the teachers.

When I was a kid, they had phonics in the schools. We had to work on it ourselves at an individual pace; progressing to higher level books once we completed one.
Fantastic program!
But they've taken it out of the system. I don't understand why; Doesn't make f***ing sense!
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#7New Post! Feb 29, 2012 @ 18:07:46
@sTreetAngeL Said

Yeah it does make you wonder about the teachers, and why they still have jobs. it can't be all of those people, incapable of being taught. Although I do realize some just are not motivated. (and there are some really fantastic teachers in the world as well)...but too much wide spread illiteracy...Since the kids ARE in school, it's got to have much to do with the teachers.

When I was a kid, they had phonics in the schools. We had to work on it ourselves at an individual pace; progressing to higher level books once we completed one.
Fantastic program!
But they've taken it out of the system. I don't understand why; Doesn't make f***ing sense!

I don't think that all schools have gotten rid of phonics. They might teach them differently.

I've been able to read for as long as I can remember. I don't recall effort or struggling. When I got into kindergarten, I believe they were teaching phonics (I remember other people sounding words out) and I didn't learn that until much later...like in Chemistry (11th grade).

I'm guessing that the way my daughter is learning right now is phonics. They teach what letters (and some letter combinations*) make what sounds, but that doesn't always work...so they have "sight words." Phonetics alone cannot teach you how to read in English.

*What the heck...this isn't a word? It actually wanted to correct it to combination's. Where's Cinnamon and her Apostrophe Protection Society?!?!?
boobear On August 15, 2016

London, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Feb 29, 2012 @ 18:19:24
Hmm I feel bad for the teachers. I visit schools a lot in my job and now from what I know I could never be a teacher. I don't know what it's like there so i can't speak for you but here our teachers have so many targets to meet, regular inspections including a very stressful one from ofsted, increasing workloads - spending every evening doing marking and lesson plans and all this and teaching kids who are getting bratty because parents don't want to hear that their darling is a little brat. They provide various after school clubs, extra learning support for those who need it, they do parents evenings and call parents in if there are any problems and much more. Over here the teachers do so much as well as the good teaching, there is only so much they can do in a classroom of thirty kids.... I personally blame most parents.
Logical Alien

#9New Post! Feb 29, 2012 @ 21:06:20
I know it's not really the teacher's fault these people are illiterate. I just can't believe someone who went to school and graduated, cannot spell or comprehend such easy words and concepts. I failed a lot when I was in school but it was because I was not a gosh darn mathematician, I was in AP classes for Reading and English (some schools combine those classes, not my school).

I just wish everyone I encountered were on the same level as me, because quite frankly, I cannot converse with ANYONE here without them giving me this look:

BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#10New Post! Feb 29, 2012 @ 21:20:04
@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

I know it's not really the teacher's fault these people are illiterate. I just can't believe someone who went to school and graduated, cannot spell or comprehend such easy words and concepts. I failed a lot when I was in school but it was because I was not a gosh darn mathematician, I was in AP classes for Reading and English (some schools combine those classes, not my school).

I just wish everyone I encountered were on the same level as me, because quite frankly, I cannot converse with ANYONE here without them giving me this look:

Lethal, say no more than Kentucky or Tennessee!!! LOL LOL

I used to live for a short time in Dillard, Georgia, right smack dab in the middle of "Deliverance" country! I don't think anyone had higher than a 5th grade education....it was AWFUL!! When I moved to downtown Atlanta, I heaved a sigh of relief. I feel for you, girl!
Logical Alien

#11New Post! Feb 29, 2012 @ 21:21:03
@BozieFozie Said

Lethal, say no more than Kentucky or Tennessee!!! LOL LOL

I used to live for a short time in Dillard, Georgia, right smack dab in the middle of "Deliverance" country! I don't think anyone had higher than a 5th grade education....it was AWFUL!! When I moved to downtown Atlanta, I heaved a sigh of relief. I feel for you, girl!

I'm glad you understand.
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#12New Post! Feb 29, 2012 @ 21:22:10
@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

I'm glad you understand.

Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#13New Post! Mar 02, 2012 @ 06:46:59
I'm starting to think that more and more, it IS a political thing to keep people stupid because stupid people can be easily controlled. If you undermine education, you make dumb slaves. If you enhance the education system, well, lets just say you cannot have a smart slave, at least not for long. Or maybe its not just intelligence. Maybe its attention span. People with short attention spans prefer "bumper sticker politics" as opposed to those with long penetrating attention spans who actually look deeply into things. If you spent many long hours at study, you'd have the latter which means that when politicians give their "bumper sticker" policies, you'll actually be able to take them apart and call them on the BS. The power's that be don't like it when da boyz git uppity.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs