Forums:
Business & Money

Post your business scams here so we can pass the word around

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
ActiveVolcano On June 21, 2012

, Michigan
#1New Post! Feb 16, 2012 @ 18:02:20
I noticed a small charge to my charge card and thought it was something I had purchased and that it was billed under another name.

Then this month I got another bill with the same name and i had not purchased anything in the last month

Doing a little research I found that there was wide spread abuse by this company.

In my case I found out that when I signed up for a free month of Classmates.com that this Shopping Essentials + company also signed you up to their site.

They thrive on tacking on memberships to other offers. The amount is small $14-$30 so it is easier for one to dismiss.

Based on what I found on the internet about this scam it appeared you had to be aggressive and go thru hoops to get any credits. So I contacted the charge card company first. They did not want to handle it but I explained what a pain it was to get in touch with anybody. So the charge card company put me on hold and called up the scammers. We had a three way conversation and they said they could only credit the current billing. I told them I demanded a full refund. They then passed me off to a supervisor who started in with their policy. I cut her off and said I did not care. I never signed up and I demanded a full refund.

And I got it.

That is my story..

Post your scams and we can all get educated. It took me a long time to get over the nice guy routine with crap like this. I have found that you do best by not letting them explain. Make it known it does not matter.
Rehabilitation_Please On May 20, 2016
Has Tiger Blood

Peterborough, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Feb 16, 2012 @ 18:12:22
Question....Why did you have to give your card details for a free month program? Doesn't make sense due to most of these free trials usually have the whole "No credit card needed for trial" tag usually.
ActiveVolcano On June 21, 2012

, Michigan
#3New Post! Feb 16, 2012 @ 18:20:22
We must be going to different sites because any offer like this I have seen required a credit card. I knew Classmates had a charge after the free month. I checked on what I wanted and then cancelled the account.

Never saw any disclaimer about also getting an account with this Shopping Essentials
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs