The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Random

still coping with the fact that I moved back home .

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Bret1967 On October 13, 2021

PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania
#1New Post! Aug 20, 2011 @ 11:30:16
What I'm dealing with as of moving back home and unemployed just sucks and at the age of 44 to me just seem like it's the end of the world ,but really it's not and I shouldn't be complaining but at times I'm just hard on myself and it's normal that I push myself the extra mile most of the time.
I know that one day I will be looking back on this day and laughing and all but right now I just have to cope with my situation , any comments are welcome kindly ,and by the way this is great thearapy for me ...
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#2New Post! Aug 20, 2011 @ 11:41:09
@Bret1967 Said

What I'm dealing with as of moving back home and unemployed just sucks and at the age of 44 to me just seem like it's the end of the world ,but really it's not and I shouldn't be complaining but at times I'm just hard on myself and it's normal that I push myself the extra mile most of the time.
I know that one day I will be looking back on this day and laughing and all but right now I just have to cope with my situation , any comments are welcome kindly ,and by the way this is great thearapy for me ...

Look familiar?

What I learned from this isn't what the writer wanted me to learn, it was the complete opposite actually:

From the movie I learned that this world and the people in it are superficial. The chic that runs out when she finds out he lives at home? Superficial.

The chic that is going to wind up breaking his heart by faking a romantic interest in him to get him out of his parents' house? Superficial.

The stigma that your situation never happens or never has happened?
Superficial.

The best thing you can do for yourself right now is learn to rise above the rest by not judging yourself as superficially as you believe that the rest of the world might.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#3New Post! Aug 20, 2011 @ 19:52:38
@Bret1967 Said

You should be laughing right now. Or have the capacity to.

Things could always be a lot worse you know. Like you could have no family at all to turn to, and be living instead in a homeless shelter.

What you are going through currently will pass. Things will get better. (You're very lucky to still have your parents. )
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#4New Post! Aug 20, 2011 @ 23:26:16
Yeah, it's awkward as hell moving back with your parents after you've moved out, ain't it? I don't know how much weirder it feels at 44, but even at 20 it already felt like I didn't quite belong their anymore.

Chin up though. You'll get another job and find another place. Just keep at it and don't get so bummed that everything starts to feel impossible.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs