Animal Rights

The World Peace Diet

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
timgier On February 05, 2012

Gainesville, Florida
#16New Post! Mar 18, 2011 @ 21:12:18
So because the link in original post goes to a video on another website which itself has a link which goes to another website which itself offers a book for sale, the original post is spam? Wow, I'll be sure to check every link on every website I ever link to, and all the sites those sites link to, and all the sites those sites link to, and all.....
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Mar 18, 2011 @ 21:13:53
You want a medal or something?
Carolyn2602 On February 14, 2012

Brisbane, Australia
#18New Post! Mar 18, 2011 @ 21:30:43
That's an excellent video. Thanks for posting it here!

Dr. Tuttle seems like an amazing man who has devoted his life to helping others and trying to educate others on how and why we should all have more compassion for others.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#19New Post! Mar 18, 2011 @ 22:40:11
@rogy Said

He's promoting an idea - and the book is available free largely: https://books.google.ie/books?id=BTqLjAOwsSMC&printsec=frontcover&dq=world+peace+diet&hl=en&ei=SJGDTcCNK826hAe42vzMBA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CDcQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

I do think that veganism must be part and parcel of a true move toward peace and nonviolence.

Leo Tolstoy said, "As long as there are slaughterhouses, there will be battlefields." I think there is much wisdom in that.

rogY

Tolstoy then, was clearly a w**ker. As long as there are humans, there will be human evil.

The only thing we know for sure is that the "world peace" chorus is only still alive because of those people that realise that world peace is a ridiculous, unachievable illusion. People who cannot distinguish reality from their delusional fiction (which I suspect is a by-product of a nutrient deficient vegan diet), are protected by those that *know* that humans are prone to being evil.

I sometimes wonder though, if in fact, it would be better to allow natural selection to weed out those that are unfit.
Carolyn2602 On February 14, 2012

Brisbane, Australia
#20New Post! Mar 19, 2011 @ 08:40:56
@bob_the_fisherman Said

The only thing we know for sure is that the "world peace" chorus is only still alive because of those people that realise that world peace is a ridiculous, unachievable illusion. People who cannot distinguish reality from their delusional fiction (which I suspect is a by-product of a nutrient deficient vegan diet), are protected by those that *know* that humans are prone to being evil.

I sometimes wonder though, if in fact, it would be better to allow natural selection to weed out those that are unfit.

That's an excellent philosophy by which to lead one's life, Bob!

I guess if we give up on peace and compassion before we really understand how achievable it may be, it really will become a "ridiculous, unachievable illusion."

I find that really quite disappointing.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#21New Post! Mar 19, 2011 @ 10:20:36
@Carolyn2602 Said

That's an excellent philosophy by which to lead one's life, Bob!

I agree totally, which is why I adhere to it.

@Carolyn2602 Said
I guess if we give up on peace and compassion before we really understand how achievable it may be, it really will become a "ridiculous, unachievable illusion."

How did compassion slip into this discussion? But anyway, you fail to see the point that people who refuse violence will be slaughtered by those that don't. We *know* that there are people around the world that refuse to be passive - not only are our jails full of such people, but, so too are organisations like Al Qaeda, Taliban, Laskar Jihad, Hizbut Tarhir, the Muslim Brotherhood, Al Aqsa, the Al Aqsa Martyr Brigades, GAM, Anjem Choadary's jihadis etc etc etc.

@Carolyn2602 Said
I find that really quite disappointing.

Well, I adopt a slightly more realistic approach to such things, and recognise that evil is one mere part of humanity. History, and indeed, the world we live in today, clearly demonstrate that my view is correct.
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#22New Post! Mar 20, 2011 @ 14:47:04
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Tolstoy then, was clearly a w**ker. As long as there are humans, there will be human evil.

By the same theory, Bob, it could be said that flesh-eaters suffer from judgmental attitudes flamed by anger flamed by the ingesting of nutrient-deficient carnivore diets!!!
rogy On June 03, 2013

, United Kingdom
#23New Post! Mar 22, 2011 @ 17:07:59
The author of World Peace Diet, Dr. Will Tuttle, is appearing on Animal Rights Zone this weekend.

Here's your chance to ask the man himself: https://arzone.ning.com/notes/index/show?noteKey=Dr._Will_Tuttle_ARZone_Live_Guest_Chat

rogY
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#24New Post! Mar 22, 2011 @ 17:26:20
@rogy Said

The author of World Peace Diet, Dr. Will Tuttle, is appearing on Animal Rights Zone this weekend.

Here's your chance to ask the man himself: https://arzone.ning.com/notes/index/show?noteKey=Dr._Will_Tuttle_ARZone_Live_Guest_Chat

rogY

WOWSERS!!!! He's an EXTREMELY attractive man, Rogy! Does he do face-to-face conferences??

On topic, today I'm trying a vegan meal plan all day. So far I feel FANTASTIC....I especially LOVE these Terra exotic veggie chips...yum. Ooops, just read the label on these, they include dairy. Oh well, they are yummy!
rogy On June 03, 2013

, United Kingdom
#25New Post! Mar 24, 2011 @ 13:59:14
@BozieFozie Said

WOWSERS!!!! He's an EXTREMELY attractive man, Rogy! Does he do face-to-face conferences??

On topic, today I'm trying a vegan meal plan all day. So far I feel FANTASTIC....I especially LOVE these Terra exotic veggie chips...yum. Ooops, just read the label on these, they include dairy. Oh well, they are yummy!

He sure does - and gives everyone a kiss too I believe.

rogY
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs