Health & Fitness

Migraines

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Feb 21, 2011 @ 14:12:45
So I've had the same migraine for over 2 weeks now. The weight is melting off me because I can't eat or even take painkillers most of the time. I'm now the bane of managers everywhere because every time the commentary (usually by that over-loud a** at Tampa Bay) gets too loud I tend to run to the toilet to be sick. I'm missing uni and the meds aren't working. Today has got to be the worst. I got home from work and took a 5 hour nap, followed by 3 hours of being awake and an almost 12-hour sleep and I still feel exhausted and sick. The only meds that are working are probably the anti-sickness mixed with the paracetemol because the nausea disappears for a while and it buys my body time to absorb the painkillers but I feel awful still. Could it be a symptom of something else?

And what uber-sucks is that this comes at the same time the anti-depressants seem to be having a positive impact on my life
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#2New Post! Feb 21, 2011 @ 14:13:44
Have you gone to the doctor? When I get bad ones, I go in and they give me a shot that takes it away immediately.
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Feb 21, 2011 @ 14:15:39
@plebian_angel Said

Have you gone to the doctor? When I get bad ones, I go in and they give me a shot that takes it away immediately.

Yeah he shone a huge light in my eyes and then prescibed me some meds to stop it but they're not working and it's really bugging me. I feel so ill. I went with some friends to see Black Swan and spent half the movie hiding in the toilets.
TheMuse On February 15, 2016

#4New Post! Feb 21, 2011 @ 17:53:44
@crazychica Said

So I've had the same migraine for over 2 weeks now. The weight is melting off me because I can't eat or even take painkillers most of the time. I'm now the bane of managers everywhere because every time the commentary (usually by that over-loud a** at Tampa Bay) gets too loud I tend to run to the toilet to be sick. I'm missing uni and the meds aren't working. Today has got to be the worst. I got home from work and took a 5 hour nap, followed by 3 hours of being awake and an almost 12-hour sleep and I still feel exhausted and sick. The only meds that are working are probably the anti-sickness mixed with the paracetemol because the nausea disappears for a while and it buys my body time to absorb the painkillers but I feel awful still. Could it be a symptom of something else?

And what uber-sucks is that this comes at the same time the anti-depressants seem to be having a positive impact on my life

Are you sure it's a migraine?
sometimes pinched nerves in the neck can cause pain that fills like a migraine..tingling in the arms, hands and feet..you might want to have your Doctor look into to it.
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Feb 21, 2011 @ 17:58:30
@TheMuse Said

Are you sure it's a migraine?
sometimes pinched nerves in the neck can cause pain that fills like a migraine..tingling in the arms, hands and feet..you might want to have your Doctor look into to it.

I've already been and he checked my neck because at first he thought it might be meningitis (I've got muscle problems in my neck so it was already stiff and painful) he's sure it's a migraine and now it's started causing nosebleeds. I'm going back tomorrow, I'm just worried it might be a symptom of something else.

#6New Post! Feb 21, 2011 @ 18:10:15
@crazychica Said

I've already been and he checked my neck because at first he thought it might be meningitis (I've got muscle problems in my neck so it was already stiff and painful) he's sure it's a migraine and now it's started causing nosebleeds. I'm going back tomorrow, I'm just worried it might be a symptom of something else.

I had what my Doctor thought was migraines for years..they did an MRI on my neck and said nothing was wrong..I was sent to a neurologist who then did a Myelogram which showed bone spurs from the vertebra into to the spinal cord..they could not be seen on x-ray's or MRI's a two hour surgery and 6 weeks recovery and I have been pain free..almost..for about a year.
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Feb 21, 2011 @ 18:12:17
@TheMuse Said

I had what my Doctor thought was migraines for years..they did an MRI on my neck and said nothing was wrong..I was sent to a neurologist who then did a Myelogram which showed bone spurs from the vertebra into to the spinal cord..they could not be seen on x-ray's or MRI's a two hour surgery and 6 weeks recovery and I have been pain free..almost..for about a year.

Ow! Glad you're feeling better. That sounds horrible

#8New Post! Feb 21, 2011 @ 18:26:19
@crazychica Said

Ow! Glad you're feeling better. That sounds horrible

Thanks..
I felt 110% better right after surgery..

I do know what your going through right now..I wouldn't wish that on anyone..
I hope you feel relieve soon..

My doctor did give me one prescription that did work most of the time called Topamax..
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Feb 21, 2011 @ 18:27:12
@TheMuse Said

Thanks..
I felt 110% better right after surgery..

I do know what your going through right now..I wouldn't wish that on anyone..
I hope you feel relieve soon..

My doctor did give me one prescription that did work most of the time called Topamax..

I'll ask about it tomorrow. My mum's going to call and book an appointment so I can sleep a little more. I'm exhausted

#10New Post! Feb 21, 2011 @ 18:35:30
@crazychica Said

I'll ask about it tomorrow. My mum's going to call and book an appointment so I can sleep a little more. I'm exhausted

good luck..

an ice pack on the back of the neck can help..
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Feb 21, 2011 @ 18:37:55
@TheMuse Said

good luck..

an ice pack on the back of the neck can help..

Yeah. Charlie suggested that a while ago. It helps a little but every solution seems to be temporary.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#12New Post! Feb 21, 2011 @ 19:31:11
I'm thinking that it may be something more, like flu or something...I hope you get it under control soon.
Nothing worse in my book, than headaches! - I image migraines are even worse. (nausea is a close second to it! )
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Feb 21, 2011 @ 19:38:35
@sTreetAngeL Said

I'm thinking that it may be something more, like flu or something...I hope you get it under control soon.
Nothing worse in my book, than headaches! - I image migraines are even worse. (nausea is a close second to it! )

Thanks We'll see what the doctor says tomorrow I guess
Shasta On June 02, 2015

Champaign, Illinois
#14New Post! Feb 27, 2011 @ 20:54:47
You've probably thought of it, but thought to mention that maybe one of the medications being taken is causing a side effect of a migraine.
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Feb 28, 2011 @ 10:47:28
@Shasta Said

You've probably thought of it, but thought to mention that maybe one of the medications being taken is causing a side effect of a migraine.

Yeah Mum suggested it but it turns out it's my eyes. I'm getting glasses on Friday
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs