liverpool, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jun 19, 2010 @ 23:05:13
oh Scotland ..

View Image
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jun 20, 2010 @ 08:00:59
We're s*** but we know we're s***, you're s*** but you seem to think you are a good team which is why it's so funny.
TheMightyOz On March 17, 2015
Awooga!

Luton, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jun 20, 2010 @ 11:21:51
@jmo Said

We're s*** but we know we're s***, you're s*** but you seem to think you are a good team which is why it's so funny.

No, we just think that considering the amount of money our players get paid to play football for a living, they ought to be capable of stringing two passes together.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#6New Post! Jun 20, 2010 @ 21:09:00
@TheMightyOz Said

No, we just think that considering the amount of money our players get paid to play football for a living, they ought to be capable of stringing two passes together.

SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jun 20, 2010 @ 21:17:38
@jmo Said

I think we're good yeah but not the best. It's just frustrating when you see the them playing well in the Premiership, Champions League etc you kind of expect them to beat teams like Algeria. Hopefully the meeting they're having tonight will change things a bit, maybe start with Joe Cole (why he hasn't already is beyond me?) and play Gerrard where he loves playing, just behind Rooney. Gerrard isn't a left winger no matter what Capello seems to think, even I know that.
Mama_san On September 28, 2010

Banned

CHESTER, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Jun 20, 2010 @ 21:28:17
...wingers lumping crosses into the centre is never gonna work with international defenders...capello's persistence with this unoriginal inane tactic is just making him look a c*nt...
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#9New Post! Jun 20, 2010 @ 22:26:35
@SparklyKatie Said

I think we're good yeah but not the best. It's just frustrating when you see the them playing well in the Premiership, Champions League etc you kind of expect them to beat teams like Algeria. Hopefully the meeting they're having tonight will change things a bit, maybe start with Joe Cole (why he hasn't already is beyond me?) and play Gerrard where he loves playing, just behind Rooney. Gerrard isn't a left winger no matter what Capello seems to think, even I know that.

Don't understand why Algeria get so much stick actually, they have an awesome defence and a s*** attack. On their day they'd draw 0-0 with anyone, but for some reason for England the idea of drawing with Algeria represents a new low.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Jun 21, 2010 @ 06:28:20
It's been a very poor world cup for England already, but the situation is not irretrievable. We've been in this position before. In 1990 England drew their first two matches and only scraped a 1 - 0 win over Egypt in their last match.... and that year we made the semi finals.

In 1986, England lost their first match and drew the second but whupped Poland in the last match. In that year, we should... and probably would.... have made the semi final if not for Maradona's cheating.

So, in this world cup we're in no worse of a position than 1990 and one point better off than 1986.

The team now has one last opportunity for salvation. Don't blame Capello... he's not on the pitch. It's the players on the pitch who go out there and play the game, it's up to them. They are professional footballers and whatever XI is picked, they should be able to play to whatever system the manager imposes.

4-4-2 was the formation employed during qualification and we didn't hear anybody complaining about it then.

Capello has always left it until the last couple of hours before the game to name the team and nobody has complained about that up until now, either.

The players (or whoever, but the players are the prime suspects) should stop leaking niff-naff and trivia to the press to provide red-top journos with ammunition to shoot at the manager, in an attempt to deflect criticism away from themselves. The player have the ultimate responsibility and it is they who are letting the country down.

I heard John Terry making his media-savvy scriptwritten speech and the first thing I wondered was: Why isn't the Captain saying this..? Surely the Captain should be rallying the troops, not leaving it to the man he replaced. Where is Steven Gerrard...?

The attitude of Wayne Rooney is appalling. He behaved like a spoiled brat, prima donna superstar by spitting out his dummy as he walked from the pitch on Firday night. What did he expect after a performance like his..? Wild applause..? Well, with the arrogance and ego of Wayne Rooney, it wouldn't surprise me at all if that was exactly what he expected. What followed was another scriptwritten "apology" delivered by an FA flunky to the press office to be read out by Gary Lineker. Wayne apologise to the fans in person..? I don't think so.

This England team has one last chance to redeem itself.... temporarily (the round of 16 would be an altogether sterner test). Personally, I'm not holding my breath. I hope I'm wrong, but with Slovenia still in with a chance of progressing themselves, they too will be highly motivated, come Wednesday.

It aint over until it's over, but with things as they are, it's difficult to have any confidence in this group of players.

I hope I'm wrong, that's all.

jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#11New Post! Jun 21, 2010 @ 08:07:11
Have to say I'm on the England fan's side on that one. I mean they've spent s*** loads going there, being told they have a chance and England have played shockingly bad. They have fairly good players who just didn't turn up at this WC so I think the fans are quite right to boo. I hate this attitude in football that says 'fans shouldn't boo their own team' I think if a performance is bad enough and lacks proper passion then the fans who work hard to watch their football teams are quite entitled to voice their feelings.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs