Forums: Politics:
UK Elections & Politics

Labour Candidate Axed due to Twitter

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Apr 09, 2010 @ 19:03:33
A Labour candidate has been removed from standing in the upcoming elections due to leaving abusive messages on Twitter about David Cameron and Nick Clegg. He also commented on pensioners being 'coffin dodgers.'

Read the full story here: BBC.co.uk

What do we think?

Obviously shows how important Twitter is in this election. It's good that Labour have taken swift action against him but I don't think this will shape up well for them in terms of reputation.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Apr 09, 2010 @ 19:12:05
He really shouldn't have said what he did, it's silly more than anything.

Fairly sure he is the candidate for Moray as well so there was no chance in hell he would get in anyway.
hedkandi1984_21 On July 23, 2013

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Apr 09, 2010 @ 20:36:18
That man was clearly an ignorant, childish moron, definitely not fit to be part of a political party! At least Labour took swift action, unlike the Tories and the guy who agreed with that homophobic B&B owner!
HINCKLEYLADisback On May 03, 2010

Leicester, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Apr 11, 2010 @ 07:21:45
labour did not take swift action, these messages were not posted in one day in fact over several, his twitter page was followed by some senior labour mp's, and sarah brown. surely somebody should have alerted the parliamentary labour party before he was exposed.

just shows waht this government is like, they will not take action until they are found out, i really hope the snp win gordons seat.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Apr 11, 2010 @ 09:57:46
@HINCKLEYLADisback Said

labour did not take swift action, these messages were not posted in one day in fact over several, his twitter page was followed by some senior labour mp's, and sarah brown. surely somebody should have alerted the parliamentary labour party before he was exposed.

just shows waht this government is like, they will not take action until they are found out, i really hope the snp win gordons seat.

To be fair though do you expect politicians to spend all of their time on Twitter? I would hope they would have better things to do. Perhaps people didn't believe it was really him either, I have someone on Twitter who is a fake PM and he sends abusive comments like that.
HINCKLEYLADisback On May 03, 2010

Leicester, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Apr 11, 2010 @ 10:58:26
i would hope that official candidates would have proper vetting procedures and be monitored regulary.

dirty tricks comes to mind, personal attacks on the other leaders is one thing, slagging off the electorate is another.

shame though as this type of labour candidate would have fitted right in with the other labour fascists
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Apr 11, 2010 @ 13:54:30
@HINCKLEYLADisback Said

The messages were left before he was a parliamentary candidate, as soon as it was uncovered he was reprimanded about it.

And there is no way the SNP will win Brown's seat. The SNP are a joke party anyway.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs