Distorted Perspective

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8
Jason13 On October 22, 2010

Melbourne, Australia
#106New Post! Jan 13, 2010 @ 23:51:19
@etherspin Said

so you've decided you want to switch your idea around now ? the more worthy animal is the one who avoids more death from fire ? so wouldnt that be the animals with the "animalistic" flight response that makes them run away from most possible dangers ?

makes no sense , not as moral criteria, its attempts to give humans special status and try to set us apart as some kind of super intelligent overlords over mindless automatons with no consciousness , good luck with that..

here you go , humans are special, have a hug

(oooooh !! except for junkies and the rich , right ? )

Wow you got ALL that from that little post? Good for you!

I see you're in mitcham, I'm just in mulgrave, maybe you should come around and we can throw a bunch of junkies on the bbq and have a chat?
jeanettesianrachel On September 16, 2016

Medway, United Kingdom
#107New Post! Jan 13, 2010 @ 23:55:22
i totally agree with the o.p. it,doesn't cost nothing but time to help another,as my profession i looked after adult's with severe learning disabilities,yes i did get paid(in care work,you don't do it for the money)but when my work day was over in writing,it wasn't in my mind,there were still thing's i had to think of,care plan's,risk assessment's,etc,planning what you were going to do at work the next day,to give the person i helped,a near normal(what ever that is)a life as poss,as well as doing this which i did for 20 year's,and only gave up when ill health forced me too,i was a link member for social services in kent(a scheme where you looked after a child with disabilities,to give there parent's/carer a break,this was non paid,)i did this for 2 boy's off different ages and different problem's,i also helped run a play scheme for these kid's during the summer holiday's,and went to our local special need's school,to give a hand,all of this wasn't done for no money,it was a very physical,emmontional,awarding carrear,and if i were not now disabled i would still be doing the same,i too have been beaten up,verbally abused,but it's part of there lifes and you are a part of that x
Marcussextus On November 25, 2014

Adelaide, Australia
#108New Post! Jan 14, 2010 @ 04:27:37
@etherspin Said

everything you posted in Animal Rights thread argued that only humans deserve rights amongst animals , according to your logic, loud and clear and argued over and over , your dog had no inherent right to protection , it wasnt morally worthy of us or them considering its capacity to suffer , this is your argument, not mine ...

arguing that its morally wrong to mistreat that dog is exactly the point of the animal rights section of this forum!

you said it makes "sense" not to abuse and be cruel to animals we are using on farms simply because you are protecting a commodity and it makes more economical sense..

you have simply illustrated that you have cognitive dissonance in valuing one breed of animal over another for no tangible reason OR that you apply special value to animals that YOU have personally encountered , like they become morally more significant by virtue of being yours , because humans/you are simply THAT morally significant or special that it can actually rub off on what would otherwise be useful for meat and textiles ..

More woolly thinking, why don't you give up making a fool of yourself?
Everything I have posted has been logically self-consistent, only YOUR inability to think clearly causes you to confuse the issues.
Junkies, IMO, are NOT human, end of.
I can "love" an animal, or a car, or a view, but it doesn't mean I want to MARRY the damn thing!
All your word games and cleverness achieve is to demonstrate your lack of common-sense, that most UN-common awareness.
Basically, like most "ists", you get SO involved in WORDS you lose sight of the REALITY those words were originally describing, and have come to think the words ARE the reality.
Don't worry though, you have LOTS of company, as P.T.B. once reputedly said.."There's one born every minute"!

Melbourne, Australia
#109New Post! Jan 14, 2010 @ 04:34:57
@Marcussextus Said

More woolly thinking, why don't you give up making a fool of yourself?
Everything I have posted has been logically self-consistent, only YOUR inability to think clearly causes you to confuse the issues.
Junkies, IMO, are NOT human, end of.
I can "love" an animal, or a car, or a view, but it doesn't mean I want to MARRY the damn thing!
All your word games and cleverness achieve is to demonstrate your lack of common-sense, that most UN-common awareness.
Basically, like most "ists", you get SO involved in WORDS you lose sight of the REALITY those words were originally describing, and have come to think the words ARE the reality.
Don't worry though, you have LOTS of company, as P.T.B. once reputedly said.."There's one born every minute"!

Don't waste your time mate, I just realised, he's from Mitcham, I used to work in that area, and came to the conclusion that he himself is more than likely a junkie himself.

Hangin around Mitcham station, just across the road from the pub asking/beating people for money...
Marcussextus On November 25, 2014

Adelaide, Australia
#110New Post! Jan 14, 2010 @ 04:42:44
@Jason13 Said

Don't waste your time mate, I just realised, he's from Mitcham, I used to work in that area, and came to the conclusion that he himself is more than likely a junkie himself.

Hangin around Mitcham station, just across the road from the pub asking/beating people for money...

Ahhhh, but WHICH Mitcham, there's one in SA, a beachside suburb, beautiful, middle-class, and right next to where I grew up, and my current boss is a Mitcham SA boy too, lol.

Melbourne, Australia
#111New Post! Jan 14, 2010 @ 04:43:52
@Marcussextus Said

Ahhhh, but WHICH Mitcham, there's one in SA, a beachside suburb, beautiful, middle-class, and right next to where I grew up, and my current boss is a Mitcham SA boy too, lol.

I was assuming the one here. Seems like that kind of person...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs