Rants & Raves

The USPS Restricted Delivery Service is not worth paying for!!!*

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#1New Post! Sep 07, 2009 @ 14:32:03
I am still holding on to several receipts from way back in May, when I was attempting to verbally joust with the Chairman of the GOP.

I decided that I would send the man a certified letter, with a return-receipt, and... at the suggestion of the local mail-clerk, opted to purchase the so-called "Restricted Delivery" service.

Now, the clerk had already afixed the return-receipt to the envelope, and he had to remove the certification-number from my receipt and attach it to the green return-receipt card. When he did so, he never did put a little check in box 4, indicating that this was a restricted delivery, but he sure did highlight the name of the addressee.

A few days later, I received the return-receipt, indicating that the letter, which was supposed to be delivered only to Mr. Michael Steele, was instead turned over to one Terrell J. Lewis.

When I complained to the local post-office about the deficiency with their "service" I was told that they would first have to investigate the matter with the DC Post Office.

Now, that Michael Steele had been ignoring me all along, so I figured that this latest letter would not cause him to change his ways. Besides, I had proof, from the U.S. Postal Service, that he had not, in fact, directly received my correspondence. So, I asked my local post-master for a refund of the Restricted Delivery Fee.

I was told that the letter had been found to have been delivered, and that there would be no refund.

Just what sort of service did I purchase? According to the USPS, they define it thusly:
@The USPS Said
...Restricted Delivery ensures that your mail is only delivered to the person you specify, or to the person authorized in writing to sign for intended recipient.
USPS Description of Restricted Delivery

But where is the 'evidence' that Terrell Lewis is 'authorized' to sign for anybody?????

Here it is, 4 months later, and I am still pissed over the USPS' misappropriation of my $4.50, and I want it back!!!!

* - Since TFS Postings can be located via a Google-search, I figured that this was one way to piss-off a couple of USPS supervisors while demonstrating just one of the myriad ways in which the government can and will politely steal from you at every opportunity.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#2New Post! Sep 09, 2009 @ 23:46:39
If the letter went to the proper address, any adult can sign for the letter at that address.

If the letter was signed for by antoher person at another address, then they need to enter a trace on the package and what happens is they try to retrieve it from the man who signed for it and deliver it to the proper address.

You only get a refund if it was delievered past the proper delivery day, delivered to the wrong address, damage etc.
CoolJoeEsq On April 22, 2016

Jacksonville,
#3New Post! Apr 22, 2016 @ 14:49:24
It didn't get delivered properly because you didn't check to make sure the box marked 'restricted delivery' on the green PS Form 3811 was checked - so this is your fault and you don't deserve a refund on the 'misappropriated fee'. Next time pay closer attention.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#4New Post! Apr 22, 2016 @ 16:06:47
@CoolJoeEsq Said

It didn't get delivered properly because you didn't check to make sure the box marked 'restricted delivery' on the green PS Form 3811 was checked - so this is your fault and you don't deserve a refund on the 'misappropriated fee'. Next time pay closer attention.

I'm pretty sure the OP has moved on from his loss of $4.50 seven years ago.
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#5New Post! Apr 24, 2016 @ 02:44:58
@Leon Said

I'm pretty sure the OP has moved on from his loss of $4.50 seven years ago.

I'm pretty sure that Michael Steele doesn't have that job any longer.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs