Forums:
Random

taking sides...guys and girls

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
ultranewbie On December 31, 2012

el dorado, New Mexico
#1New Post! Aug 10, 2009 @ 16:41:27
i had a falling out at work with a guy (from India). don't want to bring up race, but we have quite a few folks from India that work here. I am a female, and i guess that didn't go over very well.

Basically what it came down to, he was wrong. At first, he made a big stink out of it, went thru the halls ranting about me "accusing" him of doing something wrong. When he was ranting to my supervisor, i finally had to intervene. We were having a private conversation - at first before he took off in a rage.

After he calmed down, and i reminded him of the events - he found out he was in the wrong. He apologized profusely - in private. Not around his co-workers or the supervisor.

when i got back to work the next morning, he apparently told his fellow country-men/women a different story. and the ones who were once friendly with me, became neutral, or just avoid me altogether.
JuanSmith On September 11, 2020
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

Near Eucalyptus Trees, Califor
#2New Post! Aug 10, 2009 @ 16:46:27
deja vu-

some other TFS member had a very similar problem like this not too long ago.

but also from experience and I'm not trying to be racist,
I have always had this sort of outcome whenever any type of discussion or whatever happened between myself and an Indian/Pakistani person.
some are really down to earth and I'm sure it was just the ones who I was working with that were total gossiping douche bag racists.
I always got this feeling that they thought they were better than everyone else. As soon as you confronted one or got into any disagreement it was all over with the other ones who used to be nice to me as well.
I wonder why that is?
also, I forgot about the Persians..
THIS IS SPARTA b****ES!!
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#3New Post! Aug 10, 2009 @ 16:47:19
I remember seeing a post just like this sometime back....Was it yours? If I remember correctly, there were responses to it, so I'm not sure why it's being posted again.
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#4New Post! Aug 10, 2009 @ 16:51:25
Here it is. https://www.theforumsite.com/forum/topic/cultural-relations-at-work/319462

ultranewbie you seem to run into a lot of situations at work. Hope your working environment gets better.
JuanSmith On September 11, 2020
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

Near Eucalyptus Trees, Califor
#5New Post! Aug 10, 2009 @ 16:52:53
@Dark_Tink Said

Here it is. https://www.theforumsite.com/forum/topic/cultural-relations-at-work/319462

ultranewbie you seem to run into a lot of situations at work. Hope your working environment gets better.

I thought so
ultranewbie On December 31, 2012

el dorado, New Mexico
#6New Post! Aug 10, 2009 @ 17:23:20
well, first it was the iranian women, now it's the indian guys. we have two more cultures left where i work, russian and mexican.

Strangely enough, being american indian - i get along better with the mexicans. (they teach me their language.)

The iranians, indians and russians don't seem to want us to know their language. i guess the more crap they can talk about americans and get away with it - the better off they are.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs