Jobs & Careers

Yoo-hee more hospitality jobs too

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Jeanne On April 23, 2010

London, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jul 29, 2009 @ 14:25:19
Hi all looking for a hotel job

It seems the UK is the place to be if you are in need of hospitality jobs.
Jury?s Inn has received ?60m of funding to expand. They are planning to build four more hotels in and around the UK and others in Europe.
Just the other day I mentioned some catering jobs at a cool Mexican restaurant, and I?m sure the Olympics is creating tons of opportunities in the country and will continue doing so in the next two to three years, don?t you think? (I?ll keep you updated on any other developments)

Cheers
Jeanne
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#2New Post! Jul 29, 2009 @ 15:02:55
@Jeanne Said

I?m sure the Olympics is creating tons of opportunities in the country - Correction London.
salinaa On May 11, 2010

Surrey, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jul 30, 2009 @ 08:50:26
Jeanne as I have said many times before anything that creates jobs in the UK regardless of location is more thasn welcome!

I know so many people that have been made redundant in various industries and they are struggling to find anything decent right now! Some of them have been looking for months!

It seems such a shame that so many people are looking for work and finding it so hard! I mean think of all the people that have lost thier jobs, then combine this with the number of graduates and school leavers! The numbers are astranomical!
EmilyO On August 17, 2009

, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jul 30, 2009 @ 10:54:40
I have to say the hospitality sector is looking pretty good! I am always hearing news of hotels opening. Though this may balance the amount of pubs that have closed... Do you think hotel jobs, or general hospitality jobs, appeal to everyone? I stayed away in Newcastle last year and practically all the staff were young, made me wonder if anyone else was interested in these types of jobs

I guess it is because more people are having UK holidays rather then going abroad. Has anyone here had any holidays abroad? Or has anyone been put off having holidays abroad?
Jeanne On April 23, 2010

London, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jul 30, 2009 @ 14:17:21
Apologies Markfox01 ? I like to think that other bits of the UK might benefit from the event?at least if it?s only the economy doing better.
I must say I am also keen on any new development that leads to the creation of employment. Especially seeing that I am in between jobs and seeing as I have a boyfriend who is still studying?(law by the way) and its not looking good for him either. Yikes.
Anyways Emily, I?ve been nowhere outside of the UK. Luckily we?ve got some nice places to go to along the coast but I like swimming in the sea and NOT freeze my bum off?And you?re right there are so many hotels opening and revamping it?s almost bizarre.
If we have to work a couple of years in something other than our fields of study ? getting a job in hospitality sound pretty great actually.
I?m not to keen on making beds though, I suck at that so maybe I?d rather stick to catering and he can become a bellboy?
EmilyO On August 17, 2009

, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jul 31, 2009 @ 14:01:43
Haha yes the UK sea is pretty damn cold! Last time I took a dip it was in September. It took around 15 minutes until I was hip deep as it was freezing - took ages for my body to get used to it. Oh the good old UK!
As for making beds - you were never one for cleaning your room then? I know I wasn't at first!
salinaa On May 11, 2010

Surrey, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jul 31, 2009 @ 14:40:14
I went away in April to LAnzarote but that was supposed to be the little holidasy followed by a better one later in the year but so far nothing is booked! We are all too broke! Shame hey?

Like you guys I dont mind going to certain places in the UK but also find the ocean to be horribly cold here! Unless its a blazing 30 degree day (which we dont get) its too cold to take a dip! What do we do?

I have done bar and waitressing work and must say I do think it can be fun as long as you work with the right team! Its something that you can always fall back on in between jobs or even do some to make a bit of extra cash! The hospitality and catering industry is great!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs